**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
Oh, goddamn. I wish I was there to donate blood, I really do. This is so horrible.
I as well wish I could donate blood. This event really set in to me personally after reading about donating blood if you're in the area with O- blood type, as I have O- but live all the way over in the US.

Pinkamena said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Whoever did this (the explosions) should be shot on site, these kinds of people should be shot on site, fucking sickos.
In my eyes, the bombing are not even near as terrible as the shooting. Imagine how fucking scraed they must've been 600-700 kids and youth on a tiny, tiny island, being hunted by a dude with weapons. I'd be shitting myself.
That would have been scarring, for sure. It's one thing to kill a man, but it's a whole other story if you kill a child. That's just an unspeakable thing to do; you've got to be one sick bastard to do.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Jonluw said:
similar.squirrel said:
Oh, goddamn. I wish I was there to donate blood, I really do. This is so horrible.
That isn't an issue from what I'm hearing.
They've been asking for people with bloodtype 0- but I think I remember hearing them saying they had all the blood they needed and asking people to stop calling to donate.
Thank ___ for that. It was an admirably fast response.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
Sordak said:
STOP BEEING APPEASING you think that you stop beeing involved in Lybia / Afghanistan because of terrorists threatening you? thats called appeasement. and you know who else did it? England, to Nazi germany.

You dont negotiate with terrorists and thats for a good reason. You cannot just stop your actions because of the consequences.

now, what the hell are you talking about? what has Libya or Afghanistan to do with one Norwegian nut job?

also, what negotiations? they have arrested him right? or am i missing something?

Sep 11, 2009
MianusIzBleeding said:
If I had 1 wish...1 wish...I'd wish religion didn't exist
That way shit like this wouldn't happen

What we need is an alien invasion. That would bring the entire world together. I believe it was Ronald Reagan who said that.
People would just find another way to justify their acts if religion didn't exist. And then again there isn't anything bad with religion itself, but some people twists it to suit their own ideals.

But there is no evidence pointing to this being done by any religious group. At this point it seems more like a political one, or a crazy loner just being an asshole. I think it may be both.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
A terrible truth of the human mind is you can justify almost any act to yourself, somehow.

Quiet Stranger said:
Just another reason why whoever did this should be shot.
Brilliant plan, place all police above due process and let them just shoot anyone they like, why do we need to capture criminals alive, anyway? I mean, it's not like anyone has ever been mistaken for a criminal or even unfairly tried, right?

Jesus Christ, the police have all of their rules to stop them from reacting emotionally... like that.

TheAmokz said:
Muslims don't need reasons to kill infidels.

Islam once again shows its true face.
The whole point of the thing was to cause racial tension so that people who feel oppressed rise up and get violent and of course, everyone takes the bait.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with you. It is very sad that this happened. I am glad that they caught the shooter though, hopefully that will shed some light on the situation and prevent further attacks like it.

MissDK

Jan 11, 2011
TheAmokz said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Wow.
That's just sick.
I feel really sorry for you guys.

And what the fuck has Norway done?
Muslims don't need reasons to kill infidels.

Islam once again shows its true face.
Uhmm 1. there is no proof that it is an extreme Islamic group behind it, and 2. please don't assume that all muslims would support this!

DasUberCow

May 26, 2009
Posting from Oslo. Weird atmosphere here, but we'll stand strong against whoever did this.

So far i've noticed many wanting to point the finger at someone but not actually doing it until more information is in. Which is a good thing.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Something I don't like about this is all the people jumping on the "muslims did it" bandwagon.
Just check the comments on the youtube video and see what I mean.

Yes, this was probably done by an EXTREMIST muslim group. Don't judge all of them because what very few of them does.

It pisses me off!
An extremist muslim is still a muslim. So, if a muslim extremist group did this, the people saying "muslims did it" are, in fact, factually correct.
Yes, it is. But that was not my point.
I don't like that they try to put all muslims in the same group!

Racism is just going to get worse in this country after this.
Well, they do all get their 'moral' teachings from the same books. The fact that followers of islam in general are more violent and intolerant than the followers of christianity, for instance, speaks volumes for the reason of xenophobia towards muslims.

Look at me, railing on muslims like that. If I say much more, I'm likely to get warned, so enough about them.
Islam is actually a religion of peace, the only parts of the Qu'ran that actually talk about fighting states to fight your oppressors but only fight if you are attacked first. (I imagine 'You' means You as a person, not as a collective of persons)

Religious extremists of any faith will bend the texts of their holy book to mean what they want it to mean and the only people who follow those extremst teachings are those too stupid, lazy or ignorant to read the thing themselves.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
JB1528 said:
I did read the links and at the time I read it the news was saying they took the credit, the fact that they redacted their claims was only added to the article AFTER it was posted. So I read it before the article was updated so there's no reason to act like a dick towards me and go on the offensive.

Also race and nationality hardly matter when it comes to extremism. In fact most terrorist attacks are done by the natives of the country they're attacking whether its Islamic extremeist or crazy nationalist.
Sorry for being a dick, I guess.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
DasUberCow said:
Posting from Oslo. Weird atmosphere here, but we'll stand strong against whoever did this.

So far i've noticed many wanting to point the finger at someone but not actually doing it until more information is in. Which is a good thing.
Yep. I am amazed over how the society and news stations haven't jumped to conclusions. Glad you're OK.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
MianusIzBleeding said:
If I had 1 wish...1 wish...I'd wish religion didn't exist
That way shit like this wouldn't happen

What we need is an alien invasion. That would bring the entire world together. I believe it was Ronald Reagan who said that.
At this time there are nothing to indicate that religion are involved.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
This comes off in a more IRA-esque way than Al Qaeda.

And yes, I get that the IRA are Irish, im talking about the method, not saying that they are the ones that did this.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Oslo.... wait a minute that's NORWAY - who the hell would bomb Norway!? Seriously, most stupid terrorists EVER. I mean did someone give them the wrong directions or what?

No but seriously sucks to hear this - I hope they catch those responsible.

Mumrik

Apr 8, 2009
GraveeKing said:
Oslo.... wait a minute that's NORWAY - who the hell would bomb Norway!? Seriously, most stupid terrorists EVER. I mean did someone give them the wrong directions or what?

No but seriously sucks to hear this - I hope they catch those responsible.

Read the thread or the news.

Seems a Norwegian bombed and shot up Norway...

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Mumrik said:
Seems a Norwegian bombed and shot up Norway...
Fair enough then - but WHY. And I highly doubt all this is from one guy. If it is I think they need to put the guy in a bloody loony bin!

Sordak

Oct 5, 2010
neonit said:
Sordak said:
STOP BEEING APPEASING you think that you stop beeing involved in Lybia / Afghanistan because of terrorists threatening you? thats called appeasement. and you know who else did it? England, to Nazi germany.

You dont negotiate with terrorists and thats for a good reason. You cannot just stop your actions because of the consequences.

now, what the hell are you talking about? what has Libya or Afghanistan to do with one Norwegian nut job?

also, what negotiations? they have arrested him right? or am i missing something?
because my friend thats what one of the first posters stated. that terror acts might be happening because of norway is involved in certain thigns concerning the muslim world.

i didnt mean negotiating with HIM i ment negotiating with terrorists in common. means appeasing to a terrorist group so they do not attack you some more.