**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

zabour

Apr 21, 2011
Udyrfrykte said:
Confirmed at least 87 casualties...
And the "muslims" were blamed because Al-Quida said very early that they had done it. Why do you think they were blamed? Because they are one ones who have done it nearly every other fucking time(muslims/muslim terrorist groups), it was quite easy to draw the (wrong) conclusion.

So get off your high horses. Think for a second about _why_ people make the assumptions they do. You shout racism? Why don't we blame the blacks or the asians then? There are clearly roots behind the fears and assumptions of the common people, but you pretend that your view of the world is so much better. It's only more idealistic.

People have been angry (me included), and lashed out at the self-proclaimed guilty or whatever seemed most logical. Why isnt it logical? 9/11, London bombings, Stockholm bombing, Moscow - Red Square, just at the top of my head. OF COURSE people believed it was muslims, even without al-quida taking the blame. What's so hard to understand about that? And everyone who has ever been in contact with other human beings know what we look for scapegoats in times like these.

My point is:
We had good reasons to believe it was muslims. Got angry. Realized it was a norwegian. Still angry, but now at him. This guy will be the most hated since Quisling. He won't get any slack for being Norwegian.
Anyhow, I don't promote racism at all, but you should be understanding of why people get fired up in a situation like this. And the truth is that there is a increasing tension amongst norwegians and immigrants due to the crimes and the strain they put on the system, which probably doesn't make people any less triggerhappy.

@Arontala. You want to strangle people? People who are angry because their country has been attacked and possibly lost loved ones? You know what makes me incredibly fucking angry? Self-righteous losers like you.
Shut the fuck up already, you shame the dead with your ignorance.

PS: There are FAAAAAAAR more terrorist attacks than those which you have listed.

Udyrfrykte

Jun 16, 2008
DracoSuave said:
Excerpted from my fbook status:

17 dead in Norway. This was not the work of Al-Qaeda. This was not the work of religious fervor from the Middle East. This was the work of a man who hated freedom. This was the work of a man who feared 'terrorism' so much that he became the face of what he hated.

Islam did not kill those people with bombs, or shoot children on Outer Island. It was a man, an embodiment of intolerance, the face of the new fear. Are there muslims who hate? Yes. But they are not the face of Islam, any more than this killer in Norway is the face of Christianity, or of Norwegian ideals.

Hatred transcends religion, it transcends ideology, and it transcends political lines. The war on terror is foolish; most terrorist attacks have been, and always will be, performed on home soil by the ones who live there. The madness must stop. The hatred must stop. This is insanity. My heart is with Norway today, who will bravely rise above this, and will not allow this man to destroy freedom, or demolish peace.

Do not let the men, women, and children taken by terrorism die in vain. Freedom will never bow to the likes of villains and madmen such as the gunman/bomber in Norway.
Good words, even though I'm afraid humanity is 'broken', and has been for a long, long time. Maybe in some hundred years the madness and hate will find an end for the most part, but I'm afraid we won't see it in our lifetimes.

I'm not a better person than that I wish for a slow painful death for mr. Breivik.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
DracoSuave said:

17 dead in Norway. This was not the work of Al-Qaeda. This was not the work of religious fervor from the Middle East. This was the work of a man who hated freedom. This was the work of a man who feared 'terrorism' so much that he became the face of what he hated.

Islam did not kill those people with bombs, or shoot children on Outer Island. It was a man, an embodiment of intolerance, the face of the new fear. Are there muslims who hate? Yes. But they are not the face of Islam, any more than this killer in Norway is the face of Christianity, or of Norwegian ideals.

Hatred transcends religion, it transcends ideology, and it transcends political lines. The war on terror is foolish; most terrorist attacks have been, and always will be, performed on home soil by the ones who live there. The madness must stop. The hatred must stop. This is insanity. My heart is with Norway today, who will bravely rise above this, and will not allow this man to destroy freedom, or demolish peace.

Do not let the men, women, and children taken by terrorism die in vain. Freedom will never bow to the likes of villains and madmen such as the gunman/bomber in Norway.
Extremely well said! I hope you don't mind me stealing this, but this needs to be spread in my opinion

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Sansha said:
I can't believe Pinkie Pie is reporting on a massacre, but it seems oddly fitting.

Anyway... this guy is probably the first (only?) modern Christian terrorist. I hope he hangs.
Not quite, there's plenty of terrorists of all religions (and lack of).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

DasUberCow

May 26, 2009
Norwegian living in Oslo. This makes me feel better.

DracoSuave said:

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Udyrfrykte said:
And the "muslims" were blamed because Al-Quida said very early that they had done it. Why do you think they were blamed? Because they are one ones who have done it nearly every other fucking time(muslims/muslim terrorist groups), it was quite easy to draw the (wrong) conclusion.

So get off your high horses. Think for a second about _why_ people make the assumptions they do. You shout racism? Why don't we blame the blacks or the asians then? There are clearly roots behind the fears and assumptions of the common people, but you pretend that your view of the world is so much better. It's only more idealistic.

People have been angry (me included), and lashed out at the self-proclaimed guilty or whatever seemed most logical. Why isnt it logical? 9/11, London bombings, Stockholm bombing, Moscow - Red Square, just at the top of my head. OF COURSE people believed it was muslims, even without al-quida taking the blame. What's so hard to understand about that? And everyone who has ever been in contact with other human beings know what we look for scapegoats in times like these.

My point is:
We had good reasons to believe it was muslims. Got angry. Realized it was a norwegian. Still angry, but now at him. This guy will be the most hated since Quisling. He won't get any slack for being Norwegian.
Anyhow, I don't promote racism at all, but you should be understanding of why people get fired up in a situation like this. And the truth is that there is a increasing tension amongst norwegians and immigrants due to the crimes and the strain they put on the system, which probably doesn't make people any less triggerhappy.

@Arontala. You want to strangle people? People who are angry because their country has been attacked and possibly lost loved ones? You know what makes me incredibly fucking angry? Self-righteous losers like you.

And the award for most ignorant person of the year goes to...

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
The Lost Big Boss said:
Udyrfrykte said:

My point is:

That and being really, really factually wrong. Al Qaeda never admitted to doing it. It came up on a fucking jihadist forum (not even a press release) just a fucking forum post--very much like this one.

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
Dr. wonderful said:
Christian and an Extreme left?

Wow, and he killed over a Hundred people, most of them children. It his damn fault though.
This has to stop. He is a extremist RIGHTwing lunatic. The 'leftist' was an error. It has been noted several times.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
I think the OP has the political spectrum backwards, I believe that the terrorist was a extreme right-wing, not left, otherwise why would he attack a leftist party event?

Udyrfrykte

Jun 16, 2008
Giest4life said:
The Lost Big Boss said:
Udyrfrykte said:

My point is:

That and being really, really factually wrong. Al Qaeda never admitted to doing it. It came up on a fucking jihadist forum (not even a press release) just a fucking forum post--very much like this one.
Oh, I admit I (.. it?) was wrong then. I just assumed it was true because it was posted on the webpage of a national newspaper and heard people saying it. Well, there's my point anyhow. Media helps fuel the fire.
I'm just trying to rationalize WHY many people pointed the finger at the "muslims" (popularized word for extremist muslim terrorist groups). My whole post is dedicated to why it happened and that it is understandable.

edit:
Anyhow, I'll shut up now. I've angered enough people, and enough people have angered me. Sorry if I came off as an asshat, it's been an emotional day.
Good night good folks.

ezekiel2517

Jul 1, 2011
Berenzen said:
I think the OP has the political spectrum backwards, I believe that the terrorist was a extreme right-wing, not left, otherwise why would he attack a leftist party event?
Maybe the OP is from a right wing party? You can't really be an extreme christian-conservative and extreme leftist at the same time.

Sep 11, 2009
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:

Wow, and he killed over a Hundred people, most of them children. It his damn fault though.
This has to stop. He is a extremist RIGHTwing lunatic. The 'leftist' was an error. It has been noted several times.
Already told him!

This guy however:
Berenzen said:
It is a typo that was noticed right after Pinkamena went to bed!

I've already sent him a PM.

This is the 5th time I'm telling someone about this! xD

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Udyrfrykte said:
Oh, I admit I (.. it?) was wrong then. I just assumed it was true because it was posted on the webpage of a national newspaper and heard people saying it. Well, there's my point anyhow. Media helps fuel the fire.
I'm just trying to rationalize WHY many people pointed the finger at the "muslims" (popularized word for extremist muslim terrorist groups). My whole post is dedicated to why it happened and that it is understandable.

edit:
Anyhow, I'll shut up now. I've angered enough people, and enough people have angered me. Sorry if I came off as an asshat, it's been an emotional day.
Good night good folks.
It's all good, dude. I don't blame you for your emotions running high.
I was just baffled at the retarded "journalism" when they kept claiming that it was a jihadist organization and linked back to that forum post (which now 404's).

It was well and truly a "what the fuck" moment.

Cheers and goodnight.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
The Lost Big Boss said:
Yah, if only people listened to me when I said that they should wait at least a day before they make any conclusions based on a couple hours of intelligence on something that had JUST happened.

Sep 11, 2009
ezekiel2517 said:
Berenzen said:
Maybe the OP is from a right wing party? You can't really be an extreme christian-conservative and extreme leftist at the same time.
Did you just make an account to say that? xD

Seriously, read my last post. :p

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:

Woah, calm down skippy.

I was already quoted and told.

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
Dr. wonderful said:
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:

Woah, calm down skippy.

I was already quoted and told.
Sorry, it's just that I've been following the topic all night and this thing keeps popping up.