Test the Xbox One Before It Launches

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Test the Xbox One Before It Launches

The console's going on a little tour, and if you live in Massachusetts, you could be one of the first to try it out.

For anyone who wants to give the Xbox One a spin, Major Nelson is going on tour with the console to visit new and old Microsoft retail stores. He has invited everyone to visit one of four locations to get a sneak peak at the Xbox One and a few games before the console launches. The first location is the newly opening Microsoft retail store in Burlington Mall in Burlington, Massachusetts on its opening day, Sept. 19 at 7:30 to 9:00 pm. The event is free and open to the public. Participants will receive $25 off of a $75 purchase, although this does not include the Xbox One or Xbox One accessories.

The next stop on the tour is at the Prudential Center in Boston. A month later, the tour goes south to Orlando, FL in the Mall at Millennia on Oct. 23, and then it goes way up north to Edmonton, Canada on Oct. 27. The fifth event, taking place after the launch, is on Dec. 6 in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Participants will be able to play Forza Motorsport 5 and Killer Instinct along with the chance to win some giveaways. Major Nelson said he will be adding new dates in the coming weeks.

Source: Major Nelson [http://majornelson.com/2013/09/11/xbox-one-tour-road-to-launch]

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Darn it. I was really hoping that tour would be coming to Texas. We just got a Microsoft store in Arlington. At least I think I read that we did, although I haven't been to it yet.

Ah well.

EDIT: Well I looked it up and we did get a Microsoft store, but it's called a "Specialty Store". Which looks more akin to a mall kiosk than an actual store. Again: "Ah well".

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Really? Four whole shop? Oh well, I live in NZ anyway, and this is still a good thing. Hopefully we'll get finally get some actual fucking footage of the Kinect 2.0 being used in-game.

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Of course this would hit Burlington and Boston as soon as I head out to western Mass for college. Might schlep back just to check it out - don't want the console, but nothing wrong with a free excuse to play it, and if I can find something worth making use of that deal for, why not.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
well its obvious that their target audience is american's and not Europeans, which everyone's know since the reveal

which has further widened the gap between any customer they might have had in Europe honestly it wouldn't have been exactly hard to get a few shops in popular EU cities to promote the xbone 180

but i guess M$ can't really get things right nowadays anyway

now if only i can convince my opinionated friend would get it out of his head that xbone is worth his money, not that i'm going to waste my effort, i'll let him learn the hard way when it comes to making fanboy purchases

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Infernal Lawyer said:
Really? Four whole shop? Oh well, I live in NZ anyway, and this is still a good thing. Hopefully we'll get finally get some actual fucking footage of the Kinect 2.0 being used in-game.
Another kiwi? There's a heap of us on The Escapist.

I wouldn't bet on seeing footage as I suspect MS will not allow it to be filmed, or even be used during those events due to:

1) It erroring out, acting up, misinterpreting gestures.

2) People doing this