Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Greetings, Adventurers. The path ahead isn't easy - we expect few of you to actually make it out alive - but if you conquer our five days of puzzles, you'll be rewarded.

In celebration of Issue 284, Puzzle Box, we're testing your mental might with five straight days of conundrums, ciphers, and brain benders. You'll have to solve one fewer puzzle each day, but be warned - the puzzles will get harder the further you get. To make it all the way through to the puzzle on Day 5, you'll need equal measures of intelligence, inspiration, creativity, perseverance - and just maybe a little help from your friends, too.

If you manage to successfully navigate your way through all five days' of the Puzzle Adventure, you'll receive a badge and be entered into a drawing for one of three awesome prize packs full of Escapist swag.

The answer to each puzzle is the name of a videogame, so you already have a leg up on the solution. Tap into your vast reserves of gaming knowledge - or turn to others for some help.

You have until noon on Monday, December 20th, to complete the Adventure and fill in all of the answers.

Good luck!

Take me to the Puzzle Adventure! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/puzzle]

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Very nice idea, I like it. Got all of them except for that hidden name one. There's so many possibilities I don't know where to start, and the hint does not make much sense to someone who had to google for lace an linen.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I have two out of five so far... I will get them all, even if it kills me.
Solved puzzles one and three, GAH!

Any clues for number two?

Leonhart321

Mar 15, 2010
I got one, three and five no problem.

But two and four I can't figure it out. I thought two might be Bioshock, but nope.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I got first 2 easy. I swear i had the 3rd one right but apparetnly
Conquer Online
Doesnt work, so im stuck there. As for the others, i havnt got a fucking clue

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Leonhart321 said:

But two and four I can't figure it out. I thought two might be Bioshock, but nope.
Really? I'm the opposite of you. So far, I got 2 and 4 but not 1, 3, or 5.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
Leonhart321 said:

In regards to the second riddle, maybe you should consider if it could be written another way...

Mydnyght said:
Leonhart321 said:

Really? I'm the opposite of you. So far, I got 2 and 4 but not 1, 3, or 5.
1 is quite easy, if you follow the clue... It is very literal.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
C'mon brain, work... 5 was easy got that straight away, the others are a bit tricky for my simple mind at the moment.

Leonhart321

Mar 15, 2010
Cheers to Mydnight for the last two. I litterally facepalmed on the second one after re-reading it

Feb 13, 2008
Andalusa said:
Any clues for number two?
When two words seem to do, push them together to form this clue.

Got 1/2/3 quickly. 5 I've seen before but I can't remember where. 4 is tough to work out where to start.
Edit: And that got me 4.

Dammit, I've seen picture 5 recently, but where???

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I've got 1 and 2. I thought 3 might have been the ol' A=1, B=2 etc, but dudr olai isn't a game I've ever heard of... And I have no idea what picture number five is...

Feb 13, 2008
NeedAUserName said:
I've got 1 and 2. I thought 3 might have been the ol' A=1, B=2 etc, but dudr olai isn't a game I've ever heard of... And I have no idea what picture number five is...
You've got 2 letters wrong.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
While we don't mind clues being given, please remember everyone, giving away the answer is being a jerk.

Leonhart321

Mar 15, 2010
When two words seem to do, push them together to form this clue.
But if you find yourself out of time, listen carefully to the rhyme
It seems to me, though I'm quite dim, to sob, to weep! Oh synonyms
And offspring of my mothers womb, doth flower like a summer bloom
Yet the final clue that I shall say? Abbreviation is the way!

While we don't mind clues being given, please remember everyone, giving away the answer is being a jerk.
I hope the above is ok

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
NeedAUserName said:
You've got 2 letters wrong.
Unfortunately even the correct letters don't yield the answer... yet! Looks like no sleep tonight!