Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
Does "no amount of plotting" mean "Don't bother plotting those places of google maps"?

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Josdeb said:
Does "no amount of plotting" mean "Don't bother plotting those places of google maps"?
Thats what I was thinking. It can't just be the coordinates, has to be something about the words.

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
Except if you do plot them, you end with meaningful results. I'm just not sure what they mean yet...

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
Tarlane said:
Josdeb said:
Thats what I was thinking. It can't just be the coordinates, has to be something about the words.
I'm thinking that mayyybe the points in each country spells out a letter? Or something?
I dunno, I tried Canada and it looks like a rectangle.

Detheroth

Oct 23, 2010
Tarlane said:
Josdeb said:
Even so.. there are not many things that all these places share in common.. besides the fact that they support life.. It can't be an anagram.. I've put all the first letters onto paper and can not find anything.. Damn it Escapist.. i feel trumped.

For 4-1.. I'm thinking main messages behind the three game references could provide a way to decipher the senseless headrolling that follows it.

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
Josdeb said:
Tarlane said:
Josdeb said:
I'm thinking that mayyybe the points in each country spells out a letter? Or something?
I dunno, I tried Canada and it looks like a rectangle.
You have to remember to trace in the order of the points. i.e. 1 to 2 to 3...

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
civatrix said:
Except if you do plot them, you end with meaningful results. I'm just not sure what they mean yet...
they're meaningful to you? all i got was two coordinates on the same axis :/

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
cobra_ky said:
civatrix said:
they're meaningful to you? all i got was two coordinates on the same axis :/
Like I said, not sure what they mean but they do make sense (ie form meaningful characters). Kind of makes me think we're on the right track.

Booke55555

Sep 22, 2007
The thing with 4-1 does involve the games heavily. I got something with what I did, I just don't know what those results mean yet

The_Evermind

Jul 7, 2009
In 4-1 it talks about Contra Starcraft and Doom and everyone knows about the contra code, maybe it has something to do with that.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I don't know if this is the right direction or if I'm completely off the mark here, but I may as well throw the thought into the mix in case it is useful. I've used everyone else's hints enough, may as well give something back, eh? Even if it turns out to be wrong...

Reading through the first paragraph on 4-1, I get the feeling it may be a veiled reference to the

Konami Code, given that 'Contrary' could mean 'Contra', which was made by Konami, and the paragraph itself references living by 'codes'. The code was used in Contra, the so-called '30 Lives Code', so maybe it's a clue? Not sure what the references to 'Doomed' and 'Terran' mean, though...

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
I dunno, but you guys work on 4-1, we'll keep going on 4-2, then we swap methods at the end
:D

TEAMWORK POWERRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Detheroth said:
Tarlane said:
For 4-1.. I'm thinking main messages behind the three game references could provide a way to decipher the senseless headrolling that follows it.
I think it's cheat codes, but how can a MMO have cheat codes?

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Trivun said:
I don't know if this is the right direction or if I'm completely off the mark here, but I may as well throw the thought into the mix in case it is useful. I've used everyone else's hints enough, may as well give something back, eh? Even if it turns out to be wrong...

Reading through the first paragraph on 4-1, I get the feeling it may be a veiled reference to the

Konami Code, given that 'Contrary' could mean 'Contra', which was made by Konami, and the paragraph itself references living by 'codes'. The code was used in Contra, the so-called '30 Lives Code', so maybe it's a clue? Not sure what the references to 'Doomed' and 'Terran' mean, though...
The games Terra and Doom. The internet says Terra is a MMO from the 90s. And Doom is Doom. Me thinks they are talking about doom's god code. That's easy enough to know. Not sure how you combine that with the konami code.

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
Anyone can help me with 3-2? That puzzle is handing me my ass on a plate.

Edit: Nevermind. I copy pasted the title from somewhere else and now it works. Now going to sleep before even attempting day 4. I feel we will all be crying in a corner by the end of day 5.

idiot445

Aug 19, 2008
On # 1 Terran is a reference to game. And the line "we shall suffer no wounds" may be a reference to which codes we should use since

Edit: Terran could be a reference to starcraft though it's unlike the other two in that it doesn't name the game. Though I can't find any codes for the game Terra.

Mod Note - Thats giving away answers

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I did what I suggested in my last post.

The red letters must mean something, what cheat codes are famous for Starcraft or Terra and for Doom? Surely they'll give more hints in the 'nonsense text', right?