Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Invariel

The Wizard That Did It
Apr 10, 2009
I think that's right. Oh, this one's going to be fuuuuuuun. (Alternately, ffffffffffffun...)

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
fallouthirteen said:
LinedGoat said:
... Belarus ... =_=
That doesen't help me at all. Is it obvious? Maybe I've just never heard of the game!
It was a pretty big game, little older. Look up the area, it is in the Ukraine and it has something to do with a certain dangerous material. With that info you should be able to figure out the game.
That just made it ridiculously easy. I was just sifting through clues and it gave it away almost instantly.

Thanks.

Now, on to 4-1!

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Ophiuchus said:
EDIT: Sorted out my problem. Don't even attempt 4-1 on a laptop.
BWAAAAAAARRRRG! Piss weak crappy lappy! My phone has more memory than this crud. I know what I need to do and got the most obvious one. Decoded that easy. Way too many games with that word in the title.

Snaps on the whole thing, though. I only got on to this today and smoke's comin' outa my ears.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
If something is in a spoiler tag, be careful clicking as it might... Spoil things. Also, please be crafty with your clues. Some on here have all the subtlety of a heart attack. And if you give out the answer, or the answer's next of kin - I'll kill the post. I'm modding from my iPhone at the moment, and editing posts isn't possible. Crushing them is. ;)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Sweet, did 4-1 with practically no help. That made me feel great.
Now, 4-2 awaits...and by chance, I just got Google Earth! Lucky me...let the brain-rape begin!

EDIT: I got 4-2, too! But damn, i needed Google maps for that...at least i think. And i did not know how to use it, a bit frustrating.
Looking forward to 5-1.

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
Sooooo, do I need a numeric key pad for the "contrary" bit or what? I'm pretty sure I know what I'm supposed to do cos I got the "doomed" thing no probs, but the other 2 don't wanna play nice. :(

Ah screw it, I'm gonna get some sleep. Working 2-4 out possibly gave me brain cancer...

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
Ophiuchus said:
EDIT: Sorted out my problem. Don't even attempt 4-1 on a laptop.
I have a laptop. Why? Was it a tehnical problem? Because I can't get it to work, either. And I know I got the right codes.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
It took me long enough but I finally figured out puzzle four on day two. Once you figure it out the clue: Translation, location, vocation really makes sence.
Translate the code for infromation, which will give you a location, and if you know the mythology of the location you know the job title (or vocation) that is the game's title!
These puzzles are awsome, if not frustrating. I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I have a day off today to catch up. Good luck to all the other puzzle solvers out there.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
brunothepig said:
And hey mods, I've been thinking. What if next time it was a team thing. So everyone who wants to join in signs up, gets split into teams, swap ideas through PM. I dunno, I think it would be a lot of fun. Though maybe hard to organise.
Not a bad idea, really. And it wouldn't be that hard to organize, we'd just have to change what we gave away and how. But it's totally doable.

And folks, I'm going to say this again: PLEASE be more aware of how what you say might spoil the puzzles for other players. I know you're just trying to be helpful - I haven't seen anyone just giving away answers to be a jerk - but telling someone how to solve the puzzle spoils it just as much as telling someone the answer does. Just use spoiler tags, please.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
brunothepig said:
Done 4-2...
Need a little help on 4-1. So, my progress so far.
EDIT: Got it, never mind. Question though, I just used a brute force approach to figure out the number of leaps. Was there an actual hint somewhere, or was that the only option?
And hey mods, I've been thinking. What if next time it was a team thing. So everyone who wants to join in signs up, gets split into teams, swap ideas through PM. I dunno, I think it would be a lot of fun. Though maybe hard to organise.
There are hints. Like "If we live by these codes three", and the fact that this is the original version of this cipher, as used by the guy after whom it is named today.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
And that makes day 4!

I'm praising this community for its intelligence and cooperative spirit. We gonna beat the TheEscapist Staff, aren't we, lads?

Day 5, ho!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Chapper said:
And that makes day 4!

I'm praising this community for its intelligence and cooperative spirit. We gonna beat the TheEscapist Staff, aren't we, lads?

Day 5, ho!
Okay... probably shouldn't taunt them like that. It's not difficult (at all) to make impossible puzzles.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Fun fact: I'm on a laptop and the codes for 4-1 worked fine for me. I don't know why a laptop would be giving you issues. I think I'll wait till I get home from work to work out the name of the game for 4-1, though. I think my co-worker's ready to murder me because I've been attempting to cipher and answer the phone at the same time.

I got 4-2, though, since it's easier to play with my laptop and answer the phone simultaneously. Many thanks for the clues! Sadly, I have none that haven't already been said.

EDIT: Got 4-1, too! See you all in Day 5!

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
with 4-2 in mind, I think I have most of it except...

what is going on in Africa???

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Got halfway through doing 4-2, then randomly entered the name of a game into the answer box. It was right, I'm feeling kinda depressed that I don't have to work it out now, still stuck on 4-1 though.

Jaser

Mar 30, 2010
Got 4-1, wasn't too hard once I realized I was inputting the code wrong.
I'm stuck on 4-2 though. I've tried inputting every game I know that has a mission in that place, but I can't seem to get the right answer. Maybe it's just a game I've never heard of?

Edit: Also, I did 4-1 on a laptop, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to.
Edit2: I got 4-2, I've never heard of the game. I must've input the wrong coordinates, since a quick google search told me the answer.