Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Hashime said:
Okay, Here I what I have:
9-nine tails
7-seven dwarfs
8-octagon
1-The one
5-Number 5
No idea
5-High Five ?
8-Octopus
11-Apollo 11, could be many others though
1-The one ring ?
3-Three books in the series
2-two face
I am probably wrong on a few, and this seems much too easy
There are probably a lot more steps. We may even be wrong on the first step, if Susan's is not trying to use misdirection on us:)

But, about the rocket,
Each image is associated with a single digit. I don't think it's "11" from Apollo, but the number from the name of the rocket that was used in the Apollo missions, the Saturn V.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
*Chuckle...

I think we might just have them this time, gentlemen. Took us until Day 5, true...but my guess is they all spontaneously combust long before they actually make it past the first step.
DONT PRESSURE US WERE TRYING TO THINK GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
the outsider said:
97811??8211992

9 (Nine Tails from pokemon),
7 (Snow White and the 7 Dwarves),
8 (8 sides?),
1 (Neo is The One),
1 (Wall-E is the last one?),
?,
?,
8 (8 legs),
2 (Twins),
11 (First to the moon),
9 (In the Fellowship of the Ring),
9 (Circles of Hell),
2 (Harvey Two-Face).

So does this make any sense?
The robot is Johnny 5. The next one is Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails. I'm guessing the next one is relevant for a high 5. The rocket is likely Saturn V (5). The LOTR movie in question is Two Towers.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
the outsider said:
978119?8211992

9 (Nine Tails from pokemon),
7 (Snow White and the 7 Dwarves),
8 (8 sides?),
1 (Neo is The One),
1 (Wall-E is the last one?),
9 (Nine Inch Nails),
?,
8 (8 legs),
2 (Twins),
11 (First to the moon),
9 (In the Fellowship of the Ring),
9 (Circles of Hell),
2 (Harvey Two-Face).

So does this make any sense?
Robot has nothing to do with Wall-E. Its from an 80's movie and it has a normal sounding name followed by a number

civatrix

Eetazeeb
Sep 23, 2010
marcellok said:
The robot in picture 5 is from the movie Short Circuit, called number 5, so his number is most likely 5. And am I crazy in thinking that the two girls in picture 9 are Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, twins, and thus would get 2 as their number.
That was my first thought when I saw the twins. Also, the guy below the robot is
Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails

fallouthirteen

Dec 8, 2008
Huh, well, now that I have what each picture means I have a very definitive thing from it. Just not entirely sure what to do with that now.
ISBN for a book by some guy I'm sure we all know of.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
*Chuckle...

I think we might just have them this time, gentlemen. Took us until Day 5, true...but my guess is they all spontaneously combust long before they actually make it past the first step.
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have this solved in no time. I give it until 3am at the latest.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
RandallJohn said:
Susan Arendt said:
*Chuckle...

I dunno... I remember you thinking we'd be vexed come day three. :D
True. I've been genuinely impressed not only with your collective ingenuity, but how well everyone has worked together.

But this is Day 5. It is the Destroyer of Worlds.

SheleKnights

Oct 6, 2010
When the generally agreed upon numbers are converted into letters the characters do not appear to be an anagram, although I could just not be seeing it. Perhaps it calls for another Caesar cipher? I'm unsure, we just did one of those and I can't see them repeating steps.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
*Chuckle...

All things are going as planned. Release the chickens..

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Tried converting numbers to text, then applying Caesar cipher shift. Did not get anything useful.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
fallouthirteen said:
Huh, well, now that I have what each picture means I have a very definitive thing from it. Just not entirely sure what to do with that now.
ISBN for a book by some guy I'm sure we all know of.
Yep, I'd just counted how many digits there were and was thinking of things of that length

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
I would just like to point out that every most of these images have some connection to some media, (Books, Movies, TV Shows, Music, etc) I do not think this is a coincidence, but I'm not sure how it's relevant yet.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
Chickens? WTF?
When I think of data tables, I think of two things. Stem-and-leaf plots don't apply here, so maybe... central tendency?
I dunno, I'm just grasping at straws.
Stop messing with our heads, you moderators! >:/

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ThyNameIsMud said:
Susan Arendt said:
*Chuckle...

All things are going as planned. Release the chickens..
No, not the chickens! It's too cruel!

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I think it's too much trouble to assume it's a rocket we aren't familiar with. The rocket that jumps out first and foremost in mind is the Apollo 13 rocket, so I say we go with that until one of the admins say otherwise.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
Dragonpit said:
I think it's too much trouble to assume it's a rocket we aren't familiar with. The rocket that jumps out first and foremost in mind is the Apollo 13 rocket, so I say we go with that until one of the admins say otherwise.
You seriously think they'll tell us if we're on the wrong track? That's so cute.