Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
castlewise said:
Muahahahaha. Took 3 university professors to do it but... here is a hint to get from the 5 mysterious numbers on the black background to the final answer:

Come on come on and meet the elements!
Aha! And now the lack of hyphen makes sense!

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I don't think the first batch realised that they were missing a step.
Not like there's a counter or anything to keep track.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
castlewise said:
Muahahahaha. Took 3 university professors to do it but... here is a hint to get from the 5 mysterious numbers on the black background to the final answer:

Come on come on and meet the elements!
Thank you ever so much! I'm finally at peace! Pheww...

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Ringwraith said:
I don't think they realised that they were missing a step.
Not like there's a counter or anything to keep track.
I guess most people, if not all, that solved it before didn't know about the last page and just jumped to a conclusion. I was completely stuck at the last step and then I started seeing hints about the name of the game, and not how to solve the last step, so I got the answer without solving the last step too.

Although I'd have gotten to the last page before seeing the hints if I had started the sequence in the right way (tried it lots of ways, but not the right way:)). Oh well.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
Note to Completionists

Many of you have solved Day 5. Your mental bounds have impressed me. Yet it seems almost everyone has missed the final step, and skipped to the answer. Few here have alluded to it, and I hold them in high esteem for their accomplishment. So know this - if you have the answer, but feel like something was missing - it's because you missed something.

Nothing is irrelevant.

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
To whomever at the Escapist was responsible for making these puzzles: you are gods. The last five days have been full of fantastically tricky puzzle solving, and I can't wait for the inevitable second Puzzle Adventure. It felt so good to finally come up with the answers for all of the questions.

However, for next time, I think that it might be nice to have each question (or at least each day) get its own thread, because it got a bit crowded with several days worth of hinting and querying going on on what's already a 50 page long thread.

And now for the hinting that seems obligatory:

When faced with the final five numbers, only a bit of elementary logic stands between you and your prize.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
I worked all the way through the steps to the puzzle, even the final elusive step. And I am proud for not guessing it by chance. Thank you puzzle creators.

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
bassdrum said:
To whomever at the Escapist was responsible for making these puzzles: you are gods. The last five days have been full of fantastically tricky puzzle solving, and I can't wait for the inevitable second Puzzle Adventure. It felt so good to finally come up with the answers for all of the questions.

However, for next time, I thin that it might be nice to have each question (or at least each day) get its own thread, because it got a bit crowded with several days worth of hinting and querying going on on what's already a 50 page long thread.
We didn't realize how popular this would be. It's far exceeded our expectations. So I'm in complete agreement. Next time, we will have separate threads.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Orwellian37 said:
Not gonna lie, I totally guessed on that last one. It worked though...
Heh, so did I... But I was unsatisfied! And now I'm not, and I can get on with my morning.

Way to go escapist. This was an epic good time.

Numina Infuscata

Aug 24, 2010
dragontiers said:
The Random Paradox said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Number 2 has got me bent over and is bludgeoning me silly.

No that's not a hint. That's the state of my mind. It's my final one!

Calumon: Uhhh... I don't know any of them.
Try ignoring the word "little" in the clue, I found that to be misleading.
Oh god, thank you. I'd been beating my face over this one for a while. And while I was sort of thinking the answer was what it was, I kept dismissing it because of "little". Thank you so much.
Same Here, buddy
God damn that was horrible...

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I FUCKIGN DID IT, BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF MORE IS THAT I TYPED IN THAT GAMES NAME FIRST BUT SPELLED IT INCORRECTLY SO I DIDNT GET IT.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
havass said:
I don't feel guilty about adding all the hints up to solve the puzzle now, because i've never played that game before. Maybe I should go get it now.
And I find it amusing how I've tried entering this game multiple times for yesterday's puzzle. Oh well. Now that's over...I have to start closing all the various tabs that were required for this ONE puzzle.

Hint:
Decay over time.
Thank you sir, I can now die in peace.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
The last step (for 5-1) is pretty brutal. All the other steps have good clues in them, if you pay attention. The last one doesn't seem (to me) to have any indication of what to do with the information. It's nifty after you know how to solve it, but it's still a leap.

Rycerzyk

Dec 14, 2010
tautologico said:
The last step (for 5-1) is pretty brutal. All the other steps have good clues in them, if you pay attention. The last one doesn't seem (to me) to have any indication of what to do with the information. It's nifty after you know how to solve it, but it's still a leap.
I still have no idea how to solve it even knowing the game,
I think i need another hint for this one.

TheAmazingTGIF

Friday Only Superhero
Aug 5, 2009
I finally got it at 2AM, but I have no idea how I got from the end to the solution. But whatever, I have a shiny new badge.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Rycerzyk said:
tautologico said:
I still have no idea how to solve it even knowing the game,
I think i need another hint for this one.
If you know the answer, try to think how the first number is related to the first letter of the answer. Think about a field of knowledge somewhat related to mathematics.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Okay ive had my rage.

I enjoyed these puzzles, great stuff and funt o do! Great mental challenge. As for the last step of 5.1 - Thank god for google images. Soon as i seen a certain pattern occuring in the search results, something clicked in my head and i worked it out!