Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Rycerzyk

Dec 14, 2010
Alkore said:
i cant seem to get past the book part of this puzzle if someone could give me a hint that would be much appreiciated
if you have correct book read the most recent review for it on amazon. Yours clues are in it

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Huh. I got stuck here:
Mathematicians Pictures
But got the answer with a lucky guess.
Now looking at it 16 hours later I figured it out.
And I feel much better that the way it was explained to me was completely wrong.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
ziggy161 said:
I somehow solved 5 but still got nothing for 4-1 and 4-2 x_x throw hints my way plz?
Hmmm. I can't think of anything new... lots of good hints for those two earlier in the thread.
4-2
The clue they give you for this is excellent. The path they've plotted for their puzzles is amazing.
4-1
A hint for this would almost feel like cheating...

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Aidan Goldthorpe said:
I''m still stuck on the last five numbers.
I have no idea how the elements relate
Any help would be much appreciated. :)
Wow. Really? Hmmm... this will either be helpful or frustrating to no end.
Elements really is the key word here...

Alkore

May 25, 2009
ok i went through the hole and i am at the pictures and now i am stuck again because i dont know who is in the smallest picture and i also dont know where to go from here help would be much appreacheated

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Alkore said:
ok i went through the hole and i am at the pictures and now i am stuck again because i dont know who is in the smallest picture and i also dont know where to go from here help would be much appreacheated
It's not the guy in the smallest picture you should be worried about... (though he is identified earlier in this thread)

Aidan Goldthorpe

Dec 17, 2010
Alkore said:
Think about who they are and what they've done

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
Hashime said:
Lancer723 said:
What's this about numbers? I solved this 2 hours after it came out with the group of us pioneers that blazed the original trail.

This is how I figured it out:
I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what people are talking about numbers at the end of the puzzle. I solved this by looking at the organization of the pictures on the final page. I don't wanna say how, suffice to say I've seen very eerily similar picture in one of my former texbooks, which lead to face-palm worthy epiphany.
Same here. Also, was I the first?
Pretty sure you were the first. Me, chrmike, dimono were also among the first to finish, or at least the first to say we finished.

CompetingMantis

Nov 10, 2010
YEAHH

I guessed the answer to 5-1 ages ago due to a not particularly subtle hint given in this thread pages back, but have sat here for the last hour or so bludgeoning my brain until I got right through to the last stage, and figured that out. The feeling of satisfaction was totally worth it =D

I'd love to see another of these at some point, but right now I feel like I need to spend the weekend without using my brain at all. Like most others then, really.

Tygerian

Perfect Energy
Mar 26, 2009
castlewise said:
Muahahahaha. Took 3 university professors to do it but... here is a hint to get from the 5 mysterious numbers on the black background to the final answer:

Come on come on and meet the elements!
Now that the above has allowed me to see the full picture, I have to take my proverbial hat off for everyone involved in coming up with this puzzle in particular and the event in general. Except for the decision to start a certain number sequence with zero (when the visual clue explicitly does not suggest that), the final puzzle was very elegant (and cheeky), especially the very last bit. Bravo!

Thanks for castlewise and everyone else who shared their progress, these would have taken me ages to figure out without your help.

Have a good (fort)night's sleep everyone, you definitely deserved it!

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
Sun Flash said:
I didn't even attempt to figure out day 5, I just guessed

hmm, what does the Escapist love more than basements and reference cookies?

That just leaves yesterday's puzzles...
I read this and got it in one guess, I will now go back to the puzzle and work it backwards

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
xXSnowyXx said:
I actually yelled out "ROAAAAAAAAR" when I finally worked out the answer...the bad spelling was cruel and unnecessary. I assumed I had it something wrong somehow when it didn't work the first time no matter how I tried to spell it...but that cheeky space where a hyphen should be screwed me up for over an hour! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

an artists rendition:
I'm in the same boat as you. I would have gotten this last night but I ran into the same issue.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
i have read many many many many hints but in the end only one mattered (funny that it was one of the first i read but i skimmed over this agian and got it) i was half way through solving it and got stuck read this and finally skipped to the answer and its actually pretty obvious when i think about it

the hint was
decay