Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

adamroberthenry

Mar 22, 2010
Wow, just Wow, congrats to everyone that made that, please have a new one soon!!!

still dont know how to get from scientists to game! i just guessed!!!

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Wow... Just wow. I applaud the mods who made these puzzles, especially the last one. Unfortunately, I haven't technically solved the last one, I might see if I can work backwards or something... It just hit me. I will say one thing.
Everything is connected. There are no coincidences in this puzzle.
If anyone feels like PM-ing me about how to actually solve the whole riddle... I got pretty far (I think) then just tried it on a hunch. Anyhoo, I'll see if I can keep going, but it's pretty late here in Australia.

flyingwithsharks

Nov 6, 2010
Completed Day 5! Finally done!

or at least that's what I would be saying if I had done 4-1.

Seriously, I know what to do, it's just not working.

For the

Contra code

do I have to actually press the buttons or type up, down etc?

And the

Doom code

just won't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
TheDstryr9 said:
For the

Contra code

do I have to actually press the buttons or type up, down etc?

And the

Doom code

just won't work.

Am I doing something wrong?
For the first code, just use the arrows. No words involved.

For the second one, make sure you have the correct code. I found two that are similar, but only one will help you.

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN THE ANSWER SHOULD READ BELOW, NO JOKE:
After guessing the answer that won me the wonderful +1 Mental Might Badge, I'd decided to see what I missed. For closure, you know? But getting to the site with the five element numbers was HARD! The hints on this site helped a ton, and I'm quite familiar with Mister Fibonacci, but why did you go from 0 to 5 to get to the site? Shouldn't it have been 0 to 13, or 21, or something? After all, assuming the black boxes are 1 inch, the other pictures would be respectively 2, 3, 5, 8 and 13, right? What does the five mean? If you've already solved the puzzle and would like to illuminate me, go straight ahead.
EDIT: It kinda makes sense, since there are six pictures, and the code has six different numbers: 0,1,1,2,3,5. Man, The Escapist did a great job on this! Ya gotta love that hydrogen-aluminum-fluoride-lithium-iron compound!

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
I just have to come back after getting 5-1 from hints...

Shouldn't www.toyijm.com be the site? What is it that I'm not getting?

flyingwithsharks

Nov 6, 2010
sooperman said:

For the second one, make sure you have the correct code. I found two that are similar, but only one will help you.
I only found one. Maybe it's the wrong one but I can't find any others.

Also, someone mentioned pressing enter? Should I be doing that?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
right now I am stuck on day 5:

Am I correct in saying that after a certain step you get led to a certain article right here on the escapist? If so where the hell do I go next???

If that gives something away then sorry.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Carboncrown said:

don't worry about the small things. proper grammar isn't that important, just focus on what's big.

C95J said:

Am I correct in saying that after a certain step you get led to a certain article right here on the escapist? If so where the hell do I go next???

No comments.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
cobra_ky said:
Carboncrown said:

don't worry about the small things. proper grammar isn't that important, just focus on what's big.

C95J said:

No comments.
FFFUUUU-

How could've I missed that :D [sub]I'm totally blaming misleading hints. Toatlly.[/sub]

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
I'm willing that it's way more confusing to decode all the hints and information if you're just doing 5-1 now. I guarantee you that at the time, everything people were saying made sense.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I still can't get this damned day 5 puzzle. I've read every hint that you all have said, and I'm still stuck at the shell pattern thing with all the mathematicians. Are we suppose to know the names of these people or what? I'm just beyond confused at this moment.
Please, please, oh please, help.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
TheDstryr9 said:
sooperman said:

Nope. With nothing selected, just type the code. And try using Google, explore the resources.

flyingwithsharks

Nov 6, 2010
sooperman said:
TheDstryr9 said:
sooperman said:

Nope. With nothing selected, just type the code. And try using Google, explore the resources.

Just won't work. I'm using a laptop, maybe that's a problem? And no matter how much I google, it is the same one. It is for the first game right?

Numina Infuscata

Aug 24, 2010
I'm not sure if I came to the right answer via the right means, but I'm still happy I achieved all the correct answers =]
If I could contact a moderator or such to check my thinkings, I would be intrigued to see how I probably, should have done it =D