Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

HizerKyte

Feb 15, 2008
I am nowhere near as good as the others, but I'd like to think I get some credit for doing the lot in a mammoth 5 hour session. I got the badge, but I couldn't have done it without the rest of you guys.

Cheers!

anaphysik

Nov 5, 2008
castlewise said:
Muahahahaha. Took 3 university professors to do it but... here is a hint to get from the 5 mysterious numbers on the black background to the final answer:

Come on come on and meet the elements!
YES. Oh me oh my, got the last step instantaneously after that idea. Like everyone else, I guessed the actual game answer from the previous picture puzzle, but now the whole progression finally makes sense!
Yay.

So, yeah, this whole thing was a lot of fun (and would have been certainly less so without the huge forum turnout), so I hope we see another one of these. Y'know, after we've all had a chance to rest for a few years ;)

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
I just realised I actually made a jump from the second-last step of Day 5 to the answer.
Oops

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
Day 2 was such a cheat!
Actually solved everything in this order: Day 3, Day 4, Day 1, Day 5, Day 2.
Puzzle 2-3 Worst puzzle ever!!

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
cobra_ky said:
BlindChance said:
Goodness me, this last one is hard.

Mathematicians, fictional and real. It's a fibonacci spiral, I get that, but... I tried entering in the numbers. I thought the six steps might be the number of digits you need, but nope.
sounds good to me, but you may not be starting in the right place.
Think intelligence!

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
DrunkMc said:
God dammit! Got one!

I put into GIMP, turned it 90degress and couldn't figure it out, turned it -90 degrees!
5 days and likely 5 dollars short, but hey. You are currently my personal Jesus. You win.

Just need 2 for the page, and then onto day 2...

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
So, does anyone know if the puzzles will remain but just without the ability to get the badges after today? I think that would be entertaining, but it would also prevent them from posting the solutions so all could share.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
defult said:
I have worked out everything but can still not get 4-2. I have been looking through the fourm for 3 hours and still no luck >.<

I have done the plotting and have no idea what the game is I know its something about the location on the map
There you have it, location! If that doesn't help then try jumping furiously in a puddle of water and see what that yields. Just don't catch something.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
BlindChance said:
OK. Wow. I desperately need a hint.
I'm looking at a comment thread with three responses by people with grammar issues. But... where to from there?
I don't Think Scrounging for A Tiny bit of hope here will help you anymore. Rest Assured you'll get it someday I Promise.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
KittywifaMohawk said:
I still can't get this damned day 5 puzzle. I've read every hint that you all have said, and I'm still stuck at the shell pattern thing with all the mathematicians. Are we suppose to know the names of these people or what? I'm just beyond confused at this moment.
Please, please, oh please, help.
Notice how the frames seem exponentially smaller....

Yomandude

Dec 9, 2010
So, the puzzle is finally over. Noon of the 20th has passed, and it was a great experience. So, mods, would you kindly play this thread to a close?
EDIT: Yeah, no, seriously, what's gonna happen to the puzzle page and the thread?

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
So, I'm stuck. I got to the book part, and I know I should search for something. I also know WHERE to search, but either I have the tags wrong(two odd names) or else the search engine just hates me. I don't know which. Halp?

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
So wait, I show up for the last part now and the puzzle meets a dead end? I'm dumb, but am I really this dumb?