Tetris Movie Starts Shooting Next Year

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
American producer Larry Kasanoff (Mortal Kombat) will be the main folks behind this one.
You forgot his more recent [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ptz0A3rHk] masterpiece [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69A6rGqG2pg] that had a budget of 65 million dollars.

I expect nothing short of a surreal and agonizing trainwreck.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Wouldn't a more interesting movie be about the creator of Tetris and how he came up with the idea and executed it... oh who am I kidding. Hollywood want quick money and kids will want to see the bright colours and parents will have to pay.

Money, *****!!

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Cube was a Rubik's Cube Movie whether or not anyone will admit that and it was pretty good. I don't have the same hopes for this I did for that... and I wasn't looking forward to that before I saw it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This feels all so very hipstery, blame the hipsters...I always do. How come tetris gets a whole fucking trilogy while tiddlywinks is left out in the cold?? Get it sorted, Hollywood!! Do they listen to petitions? Or just the little coked up llama ego inside their head that tells them only their ideas are great?

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
What... The... Heck?

Dear god a Tetris movie that is going to be a trilogy?

I agree with Dr. Farnsworth.

Stop the world, I wanna get off and help colonize Mars.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
So is this going the route of Sharknado? I mean, I can't see how they could make this a serious film. How could it be serious? Especially not as a series of movies.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i cant even comprehend it. i think not even someone on drugs can come up with this crazy idea. and a trilogy on top of that? they must have one hell of a party that they must have drunken them self stupider than before. i must be in the matrix. neo, please unplug me, this world really lost its mind more. way more.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Ok, I will try once again and be the devil's advocate I found a solid reason how one possible can make 3 Tetris movies, which also have sci-fi triller Theme.

Most people forgot that most arcade games had somekind of backstory from each of their game written mostly into their Arcade flyers or if their manuals to make the players care while they are playing.
Tetris had an interesting plot in some specific manuals:

Tetris Worlds for PS2
http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Sony_Playstation_2/manual/Formated/Tetris_Worlds_-_2002_-_THQ,_Inc..pdf
In this game tell the story of Tetrions, gateways to other orbit planets controled by a intelligent Alien Race. Minos are the aliens which are the most intelligent species in the Galaxy which know the secrets of Tetrions. They are the "Tetrinauts"!!!
Their mission is to evacuate as many Minors as possible because their home planet [Hadar 4] is unstable and it will be destroyed after some years.

With this above I guess at least for the first movie of the Trilogy will be about the Minos trying to open the Gateway which connect Earth and Hadar 4.

Cool story I guess. What do you think?

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Talk about shoe-horned plot devices, like a romantic interest, or zany side characters, or... people...

...I think they will all have be shoe-horned in.

But no problem, I can drink (a lot) and then watch it. Got me through Lost Highway.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
FalloutJack said:
That's funny. I thought Tetris already HAD a movie...

Question is...will Russia actually be involved?
I figured I would be too late to be first to ask if it would be a documentary about the rise and fall of the Soviet Union.

Edit: Actually reading the article, I hope its a period piece about the building of the Great Wall.
Another Edit: Dammit, shot down by the fact that it is planned to be scifi, I guess SweetShark is on the money with hoping for a Tetris Worlds adaptation. I am usually good about reading the whole article first.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Steven Bogos said:
It looks like *snicker* all the pieces are falling into place for the Tetris movie.
You are a villain and you will one day be punched in the face by Batman.

Callate said:
...Shouldn't it be a tetralogy?
You? You get punched in the face by Robin. And not even one of the cool Robins. Like... Burt Ward Robin.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Callate said:
...Shouldn't it be a tetralogy?
You? You get punched in the face by Robin. And not even one of the cool Robins. Like... Burt Ward Robin.
Aw, man?! I hope I at least get a ridiculous sound-effect balloon.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Terminalchaos said:
If the straight pieces are over-represented, I'm going to be furious. Not because they're straight, but because in real Tetris they never show up when you frickin' need one. Ever.

Maybe aliens find Tetris and its the one cultural tidbit they enjoy about us. Maybe we are forced to hold high tech Tetris tournaments to live.
I'm now looking forward to the climactic showdown wherein the heroes are about to lose, and then deus-ex machina straight tetris pieces fall from the sky Lord of the Rings Eagles-style and save the day.