TF2 Update: The Engineer With the Golden Wrench

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Can not wait. Need NOW.

Jaredin said:
Am I wrong for immediatly thinking "The man with the Golden Wrench..."

(Please tell me someone gets the reference!)
Yeah. Oddly enough, one of the people that's found the wrench according to valve goes by the steam friends name "The man with the golden wrench".

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
was just playing TF2 when a message comes up on the center of the screen. "*insertnamehere* has found golden wrench No.38" this person wasn't even on the server i was playing on. god dam, i want it so badly.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I saw someone get a wrench earlier. The jealousy coursing through my blood is, at this moment, unrivalled.
But, hey! New shotgun comin' out! Coolio!

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
Andronicus said:
Not sure I agree with the whole "lager-pickled idiots" generalisation, but it's nice to get a bit of attention down here :)

That, and the girl with the moustache and a pet kangaroo in page 9 [http://www.teamfortress.com/loosecanon/09.html] was just pure absolute gold Australium.
I really love the way Valve likes to take the piss outta us. It really is like what the comic says its like in Australis for all of you in other countries. our women are so much woman they have moustashes.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Oh God I want that wrench. I've been crafting my butt off trying to get one, and now I'm only down to a few items. WHY ME!?

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
It would be HOO-LARIOUS if the Golden Wrenches were made normal unlockables after the update. I doubt it would happen though.

I've also heard one Wrench went out to someone who just started the Game.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for the mention!

Considering I'm comeing late to the party, it seem's they'res about 40 some odd wrench's about now.

Still, interesting stuff is about in the TF2 universe.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'm not going to Team Fortress 2 for a while now, possibly until September. The Demo-Soldier war taught me one thing: wait for the rush of people to die down before joining.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
TheEpic_1 said:
Andronicus said:
Not sure I agree with the whole "lager-pickled idiots" generalisation, but it's nice to get a bit of attention down here :)

That, and the girl with the moustache and a pet kangaroo in page 9 [http://www.teamfortress.com/loosecanon/09.html] was just pure absolute gold Australium.
I really love the way Valve likes to take the piss outta us. It really is like what the comic says its like in Australis for all of you in other countries. our women are so much woman they have moustashes.
If it's worth anything, you guys have managed to outpace us, technology wise...

If that counts for anything...

ExplosionProofTaco said:
It would be HOO-LARIOUS if the Golden Wrenches were made normal unlockables after the update. I doubt it would happen though.

I've also heard one Wrench went out to someone who just started the Game.
Also, apperantly the first person who got a wrench was an infamous hacker.

He was promptly Vac-banned.

Gotta love the steam forums some times.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Podunk said:
Only five were supposed to drop? Does this sound like a Willy Wonka/Golden Ticket sort of thing to anyone?

EDIT: Maybe the 5 people who got it would get all the engineer unlocks for free, or a trip to Valve offices, or something.
Man, I was about to say that those 5(16) lucky wielders of the Golden Wrench will receive a tour to the Engineers Factory! Darn you!! :p

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
snowfox said:
Podunk said:
Only five were supposed to drop? Does this sound like a Willy Wonka/Golden Ticket sort of thing to anyone?

EDIT: Maybe the 5 people who got it would get all the engineer unlocks for free, or a trip to Valve offices, or something.
Man, I was about to say that those 5(16) lucky wielders of the Golden Wrench will receive a tour to the Engineers Factory! Darn you!! :p
Turns out that was just a coincidence I suppose- They're giving away 100 of them now.

Rakkana said:
ME WANT GOLDEN WRENCH!

How do I get one without hacking!?!?!?!?!
It's heavily implied you get one randomly when you craft something... I plan on logging on tomorrow and crafting down every single spare item I have in hopes of getting one!

Apr 28, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
Also, apperantly the first person who got a wrench was an infamous hacker.

He was promptly Vac-banned.

Gotta love the steam forums some times.
That is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.