TF2 Update: The Engineer With the Golden Wrench

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
BREAKING NEWS:

Moments ago a cry of failure went out across the base.
WRENCH #27 IS NO MORE!

Netrosis

Jul 12, 2009
If I don't get a Golden Wrench, I hope they release Golden Wrench plushies, those would be awesome. I could have like, a real life one to hug, or maybe whack people with it in real life.

I'm not a fan of how this engineer update is going. Limited Edition items, particularly when they're RANDOM is a horrible idea.
The Cheater's Lament was a horrible move on Valve's behalf, and this one is equally as bad.

That being said, I really like the look and ideas behind the new weapons. The Wrangler, being able to aim your sentry, plus a shield and increase firing rate is just plain awesome. However it'll depend just how the aiming system works, precisely.

Also, I'm really happy Drunken F00l got one, (SourceOP admin, TF2 Backpack Examiner, etc.) He's done a LOT of good work for the TF2 community. The whole idling fiasco was a shame, but otherwise he does deserve one.
But now I'm thinking these perhaps aren't quite random as they seem.
#73 is out, only TWO MORE till the next weapon. w00t.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
It's been found! Someone has found the last Golden Ticket! Er- I mean wrench.

The last unlocks have been announced, and hopefully it'll go live soon.

Oct 9, 2009
an unsung hero?! REALLY! anyone can tell you that a person who knows what they are doing with this character can unleash untold horror and pain on the opposing team.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
That shotgun looks purdy.

Now git that dern 'Meet the Medic' video under way.