TGC '10: The Future of the Shooter

Paradoxial

Apr 5, 2010
Jaredin said:
Motion control shooters I can see happening...but, I dont see it really reaching out to the hard coremarket.

Its intresting though to hear peoples thoughts on this though. And great to see some people still appreciating the golden classics!
i think they've got a long way to go before they satisfy the average gamer with a motion shooter. ive always found theres either too much lag or too many ways you can cheat the system (for example; another person, tampered equipment and so on)

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Playing a first person game is all about the experience of being there more than any other game.

Just give me good atmosphere like in Bioshock and Fallout 3 crossed with good shooter mechanics like in MW and I'll be good, up till now it's been one or the other.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Irridium said:
Korten12 said:
Irridium said:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again.
Imagine the millions you'll save by not focusing on "epic graphics."

I hope people will take that into account for the next generation... but most likely not sadly.

Give a developer from 10 years ago 1/4 of the budget of todays games, and they would make a masterpiece unlike anything that you've played before.
Well the "throw more money at it to make it better" theory is not true.
Most of the time it works the other way around.

Its struggling with the budget and and being low on money which makes some great games.

nmaster64

Nov 7, 2007
Team Fortress 2 is my past, present, AND future of shooters. It is the *perfect* multiplayer shooter, profoundly because of the constant support from its developer who never asks for an extra dime.

And also in a world of matchmaking and statistics I have a love for something I can jump into and play, get in and out of servers I do/don't like without penalty, and not have a bunch of people looking at my profile going "oh what a n00b, I have level bajillion prestige e-peen because I play only this game eight hours a day".

karpiel

Apr 18, 2008
in short: "We will do everything in our power to make sure that everything shitty about modern shooters continues to get worse". Why people are allowed to make a living doing this beggars belief.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
karpiel said:
in short: "We will do everything in our power to make sure that everything shitty about modern shooters continues to get worse". Why people are allowed to make a living doing this beggars belief.
Uwe Boll's allowed to make a living making shitty movies, I think that's far worse than a few generic shooters.