TGC 2009: Peter Tamte Keynote

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Peter Tamte Keynote

Peter Tamte, President of Atomic Games, discusses changing forces in the game industry as well as Six Days in Fallujah.

Watch Video

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
It's a shame the game got cancled, I was looking forward to it, it just goes to show that videogames are still not considered to be a respectable form of storytelling by the media yet.

TornadoADV

Cobra King
Apr 10, 2009
Atomic Games is still developing the game. Konami just dropped it as Publisher. Sort of like what happened to Ghostbusters.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Here's hoping the game will still get released. There must be a publisher out there somewhere who will pick it up surely?

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
I'm guessing it received skepticism for the same reasons "The Kingdom" received uneasy approach when it was first released in theaters: A medium attempts to capture the story of a major event during a time where the world is still feeling the effects of that event and the developers release said story to a pansy, hyper-sensitive society that screams "mockery" every time someone tries to convey a powerful story (the Battle of Fallujah) in a compelling and profound way. This is the same vocal minority that would condemn Winnie the Pooh because they thought Eeyore was too depressing.

I cannot speak on behalf of the Marine Corps, but I can say that I know a few of my brothers who would love to support a game like this.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah. The game didn't get canceled, Konami just discovered they don't have the balls to bring the industry to another level.

duty nco

May 1, 2009
I am a former Marine and I fully support Atomic Games. I am new to this website and with content like this, I will be a regular. Thank you very much.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
duty nco said:
I am a former Marine and I fully support Atomic Games. I am new to this website and with content like this, I will be a regular. Thank you very much.
It's always good to see new folks. Welcome to the forums, have a nice stay.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
There was NO lead in into talking about the Fallujah game. Seemed odd.

kir4

May 1, 2008
Kiutu said:
that wasnt the introduction to the game just a keynote for atomic's seminar. It was announced 4 days prior to this keynote.

Elminsters Hat

Sep 3, 2008
This looks very promising. If they manage to combine the story they want to tell with CoD4-like gameplay it will definitely be a very good game.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
kir4 said:
Kiutu said:
that wasnt the introduction to the game just a keynote for atomic's seminar. It was announced 4 days prior to this keynote.
I mean when swithing topics. He just jumped from talking about the one thing then without any lead in talked about the game.