Thanks Donald Trump

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
In a suprising move, Mississippi is chnaging it's flag. It's apparently removing Confederate imagary
There is one person who is responsible - Trump. Not because he's for this idea but because his rhetoric have brought out a whole bunch of actual racist. Mississippi Republicans decided it was time to move against that rhetoric and hatred

In my opinion, if this goes fine, well done. Thanks for taking responsibility

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I think it's a stretch to "thank" Trump for this, even ironically.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
In a suprising move, Mississippi is chnaging it's flag. It's apparently removing Confederate imagary
There is one person who is responsible - Trump. Not because he's for this idea but because his rhetoric have brought out a whole bunch of actual racist. Mississippi Republicans decided it was time to move against that rhetoric and hatred

In my opinion, if this goes fine, well done. Thanks for taking responsibility
Perhaps it's just due to my following of sports biasing my view, but I think this is a case where we can really point to the influence that "sportsball" has in the US showing its power. When organizations like the SEC and NCAA, the leadership of the major universities in the state, and high-profile athletes like Miss St running back Kylin Hill go to bat for change, the end result wasn't very hard to predict. It was just a matter of time.

Reactions: MrCalavera

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
They should just remove the Battle Flag canton part and leave it as a horizontal blue, white and red tricolor.

Granted, that would just make it the flag of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hey, we had 'Thanks Obama'.

But "Thanks Donald Trump" sounds like a Christmas Special where learn screw the spirit of sharing with your fellow man, and how to build overpriced housing using illegal labor you'll decry in the future.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I guess this may be Trumps thing.
Either way good on Mississipi a small and a lot to work in that state but this is nice start.

I don't think Thanks Trump is going to catch on though. It does not roll off the tongue like "Thanks Obama".

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Eh, I often read r/politics with morbid fascination. They've driven the joke into the ground for me.
You're right. It's a much better joke that when asked why he wants to be President for 4 more years, he can't think of an answer and just mumbles for a couple minutes. The softest of the softball questions and he completely missed it.

Sour Grapes are delicious, by the way.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You're right. It's a much better joke that when asked why he wants to be President for 4 more years, he can't think of an answer and just mumbles for a couple minutes. The softest of the softball questions and he completely missed it.
Is there a source for this?

I find it kind of bizzare in a way. I mean, surely Trump could utter why he wants to be president, or why he should be president. I mean, he ran for the office in the first place, he must have wanted to be president on some level at some point.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Is there a source for this?

I find it kind of bizzare in a way. I mean, surely Trump could utter why he wants to be president, or why he should be president. I mean, he ran for the office in the first place, he must have wanted to be president on some level at some point.

Oh, I'm sure he gets something out of it. Ego Stoking and a way to funnel taxpayer funds to his businesses. Having 1 of 2 political parties licking his boots(with a few exceptions) is just icing on the cake.

He just doesn't seem to have much of the way of plans to help the nation.

Reactions: lil devils x

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Oh, I'm sure he gets something out of it. Ego Stoking and a way to funnel taxpayer funds to his businesses.

He just doesn't seem to have much of the way of plans to help the nation.
...you know, I could post a meme, or a video, or a witty response, but I refuse to expend more brain power than Trump did there.

Reactions: Dalisclock

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
...you know, I could post a meme, or a video, or a witty response, but I refuse to expend more brain power than Trump did there.
Isn't that scary when you think that THIS is exactly how he is running the nation? THIS and his middle of the night Twitter rants...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Do you mean more brain power as a % or in straight numbers? Cause I have a feeling he was using like 100% of his brain power to stumble fuck that question, although that would probably be like 5% of a normal persons power.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Sour Grapes are delicious, by the way.
Yeah that's much better. An actual fresh joke about Trump.

Edit: Actually, you know what, I want to actually say this.

With all the utter shit I've seen on r/politics, it has made me so freaking happy that these forums still exist because actual discussions happen here instead of a giant echo chamber of people who don't understand anything about how the government actually works. Reddit is a trash means of discussion and even if I disagree with you guys, I am still damn happy that so many of you still come here to talk about this stuff because God knows I'd have nowhere else I could do this otherwise.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I guess we'll be blaming Trump for any time we trip over something next.
If Trump had played the part of a proper president and acted to bring together and soothe the nation, potentially lots of this local action would not need to have been taken.

But these protests have been serious, and national leadership has been somewhere between absent and inflammatory. This has forced state and local governments to take their own leadership, and many have consequently decided to pacify the unhappiness by acceding to their complaints - ironically, to the stated opposition of the president.

In truth, I don't think Trump really cares about statues and Confederate flags at all, he just publicly chucks red meat at his base to maintain their adulation. But the funny thing is that he has inadvertently sabotaged his base into getting a worse end result because he's fundamentally incompetent.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

With all the utter shit I've seen on r/politics, it has made me so freaking happy that these forums still exist because actual discussions happen here instead of a giant echo chamber of people who don't understand anything about how the government actually works. Reddit is a trash means of discussion and even if I disagree with you guys, I am still damn happy that so many of you still come here to talk about this stuff because God knows I'd have nowhere else I could do this otherwise.
I couldn't agree more

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yeah that's much better. An actual fresh joke about Trump.

I'll be honest, this site does come off as an echo chamber a lot. It came off as an echo chamber even on the old forums. Most of the people here are left leaning (or at least they appear to be). That's not to say that there isn't conversation (the Minniapolis thread is still going), but again, more people one thing than another thing. It's more condusive to discussion than something like Twitter, but it's conversation that tends to go along the same lines.