"THAT didn't kill him?"

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So, I was watching The Untouchables yesterday and I got to the scene where Sean Connery gets gunned down in his house by some gangster with a Thompson. But eventhough the old Scotsman has an entire machine gun clip emptied into him, Connery still manages to crawl a good 25 feet through his hallway before dying.

Most people would die right on the spot from the trauma caused by 3 or 4 shots, but Connery just soaks them up and keeps on ticking. I know this is Sean Connery we're talking about, but still, every normal human being has his or her physical limits.

What other movies show characters survive complete medical impossibilities?

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
So many. But one of my favourites has to be when eddy Murphy is chucked through a window in beverly hills cop without even his jacket ripped. He just sits there with a surprised look on his moosh. Yep, I too would have been shocked if I just went through window, end up sitting on the broken glass and not be bleeding to death fork massive laceration.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
Nearly every action movie does this. Especially Stallone and Schwarzenegger have the secret to life.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Oh and talking about glass, there's also the scene of Bruce Willis running across the office floor of broken glass with no shoes on in die hard. You couldn't even make two paces.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
No-Superman10 said:
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?
I still find it hard to tell wether the Predator shoots Arnie's shoulder or his gun.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
Dillon (Carl Weathers) in Predator get his arm blown off by a shot from the titular Predator's sholdour cannon. Rather than collapsing in agony or the shock to his system rendering him unconsiouss or dead, he stands up and yells for a bit, then tries to shoot the Predator one more time before being gutted.

'Aredor

Jan 24, 2010
Might want to put a big spoiler warning up there

OT: Why, Boromir of course, in one of the best death scenes of cinema history.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Mission Impossible II will always find it's way into a list of movies I complain about.
High speed midair collision? Ah, just brush off the dust and keep fighting I'm Tom "Jesus Christ" Cruise.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
luvd1 said:
Oh and talking about glass, there's also the scene of Bruce Willis running across the office floor of broken glass with no shoes on in die hard. You couldn't even make two paces.
I think he actually hops along the floor with one foot, because when you see him in the bathroom only one of his feet is gashed.

I do think though that Die Hard always balanced nicely between plausible and impossible. Even in Die Hard 3 where a steel cable slices through his shoulder wich causes him to then plummet 60 feet against a steel crate.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
You'd think the two crooks in Home Alone would've died from getting hit by paint-cans and pipes, stepping on nails, falling down several floors, getting electrocuted, smashed by tool carts and having their hair set on fire.

And there's also that woman from Fatal Attraction.
How the heck did she suddenly get up from the bathtub after being supposedly suffocated by the protagonist? I mean, her eyes were shown unblinking and not a bubble came from her.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Anakin from Star Wars Ep3. How the hell did he survive getting both legs and an arm cut off, then being set on fire by lava!?!!?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Lois Lane in one of the new Superman Movies. As if falling off a building isn't bad enough, you got that idiot Superman racing to her in the opposite direction to "save" her? She gets out just fine for getting hit by the man of steel at TWICE the speed of terminal velocity.

1blackone

Dec 14, 2007
How the hell did Denzel's character in Training Day even open the door--let alone almost make it to the trunk--during the last scene with the Russians?!

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ldude893 said:
You'd think the two crooks in Home Alone would've died from getting hit by paint-cans and pipes, stepping on nails, falling down several floors, getting electrocuted, smashed by tool carts and having their hair set on fire.
You forgot getting hit in the face several times by bricks thrown down a 5 story building.