"THAT didn't kill him?"

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Aylaine said:
Killing Floor. Damn those Fleshpounders. They are so hard to kill for every class besides Demos and Sharpshooters. :(
Or you could go ape shit on them with the katana. Not sure if it's effective above normal difficulty though.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Radoh said:
Lois Lane in one of the new Superman Movies. As if falling off a building isn't bad enough, you got that idiot Superman racing to her in the opposite direction to "save" her? She gets out just fine for getting hit by the man of steel at TWICE the speed of terminal velocity.
Presumably the very fact that he's a man flying with no external aids already demonstrates his ability to negate the laws of physics, and whatever powers allow him to fly also allow him to do whatever the hell he wants.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
In GoldenEye when 006 survives being shot in the head & being inside a nerve gas facility that explodes. The movie itself said he failed to escape, and he's scarred because of it. Very mildly scarred. Like, frying pan heat scarred instead of looking like a pile of ash barely retaining human form. That always bothered me. Also it took Bond more than the 3 minutes he put on the clock to escape and stuph.

At the end of Re-Animator, Herbert West is beaten, mauled, and ultimately strangled to death by a giant mutated intestinal tract and the movie does NOT show him escape. Yet he comes back in the sequels without a scratch. As awesome as those sequels were he didn't even have just a tiny bruise on his neck.

Also, Barry Convex from VideoDrome. To be fair; he probably DOES die, but he survives his ordeal for about 20 goddamned years and we hear him screaming and mumbling over the microphone for nearly 4 minutes despite the fact that the last time we saw him, he was looking like this:
And yes, when we see that visual in the movie he IS still alive. Also that's apparently what happens when you get shot by a revolver. Yeah. That movie is messed up.

Last but not least, in Halloween 2 Michael Myers is stabbed in the eyes, blown up, burned alive, dead as shit. Even the writers said he was dead, dead, dead, dead. But then Halloween 3 came out Michael Myerless, flopped, and they had to say he somehow survived it.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
mikozero said:
GiglameshSoulEater said:
scifidownbeat said:
Which reminds me, how is it that...
all the main characters, when they get into a major gunfight, either don't get shot or get shot once and recover? And how are the survivors able to kill all their attackers with one or two shots that always hit, and meanwhile the attackers empty whole clips without ever hitting someone? There's gotta be a tvtropes article to explain this....
All enemies went to the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksman Academy. After all, if trained mercernaries or high tech military special forces could shoot straight, god knows how short 99% of all action movies would be.
tada!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImperialStormTrooperMarksmanshipAcademy
Not to mention the "Plot Armor" trope...

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
luvd1 said:
Oh and talking about glass, there's also the scene of Bruce Willis running across the office floor of broken glass with no shoes on in die hard. You couldn't even make two paces.
Actually, that is all in your head. There is no reason that your legs couldn't move from your feet being cut up. If you can push through the pain, and you can, then you're fine.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
The Crank movies are MADE of these events. The second one in particular is completely ridiculous in that sense, but neither film suffers due to it. Heck, I'd say that the blatant disregard for medical probabilites is largely what makes them fun.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
In starwars, Anankin was laying there (on fire) long enough for the flames to fizzle out on there own. His brain would have literally boiled inside his skull from the heat.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I'll take an example from "the Matrix"

When Neo gets shot by Agent Smith several times. He dies. THEN COMES BACK TO LIFE. That's how badass he is.
On a totally unrelated note: Did you know that "Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie." ends up into "Don#token:0#t seen the movie." when in spoilers? Because I didn't. The this I learn each day...

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
No-Superman10 said:
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?
I still find it hard to tell wether the Predator shoots Arnie's shoulder or his gun.
I say the Predator hits Arnold's gun, unlikely I know but even intergalactic trophy hunters can miss their shot, and the shrapnel from the gun asploding cuts into his shoulder thus causing the little bit of red.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I watched A Fish Called Wanda today. Kevin Kline is the bad guy more or less and he gets trapped in cement and unable to move. Then he gets run over by a steam roller. And comes back on the side of a jet liner taking off. And then the movie leads us to believe he also survived that. This is a movie where a woman died from seeing a dog get killed.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
Legend of J said:
Paulie92 said:
In Bruges, fat middle aged guy gets shot in the neck (guy who played Hagrid can't remember the characters name) crawls up the stairs of a bell tower and throws himself off

Then he tells Roy to take his gun and run away before finally dying
Erm Brendan Gleeson who your thinkin of played mad eye moody.
while Robbie Coltrane played Hagrid.

I can see how you got mixed up but Brendan Gleeson also played Wiglaf in beowulf. (something you may rember).
Oh sorry, I never actually knew the actors name I was told by someone he was the guy who played Hagrid

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Paulie92 said:
Legend of J said:
Paulie92 said:
In Bruges, fat middle aged guy gets shot in the neck (guy who played Hagrid can't remember the characters name) crawls up the stairs of a bell tower and throws himself off

Then he tells Roy to take his gun and run away before finally dying
Erm Brendan Gleeson who your thinkin of played mad eye moody.
while Robbie Coltrane played Hagrid.

I can see how you got mixed up but Brendan Gleeson also played Wiglaf in beowulf. (something you may rember).
Oh sorry, I never actually knew the actors name I was told by someone he was the guy who played Hagrid
Aww well rember when in doubt consult IMDB however don't click on the forms they are just full of dick measuring.

Niska

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks a lot dude. I had not seen this movie yet and was going to watch it this weekend. Put spoilers on next time so you don't ruin it for people eh?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Might want to put a big spoiler warning up there

OT: Why, Boromir of course, in one of the best death scenes of cinema history.
Cannot agree more. What a shame.

LoTR certainly has its moments, but it has some of the cheesiest scenes ever... The Matrix had the same problem.