"THAT didn't kill him?"

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Might want to put a big spoiler warning up there

OT: Why, Boromir of course, in one of the best death scenes of cinema history.
whoa, why didn't I think of that?

the man's beastly...redeemed himself two-fold

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ok in honor of halo reach im required to say master cheif. he just doesnt die he fall from orbit for christs sake and all he had was a head ach?!! Um yeah im a halo fan and i still never understood that see how in the books like 8 spartens die doing that at maybe half the hight.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
No-Superman10 said:
In Preadator a man (Redshirt) gets shot in the chest with the plasma caster, the result? His chest is asplod and you can see his heart. Arnold Shwarzanegger (sp?) get shot in the shoulder and it results in a little bit of red.

Wait what?
I still find it hard to tell wether the Predator shoots Arnie's shoulder or his gun.
His gun. If you watch closely, you can see it getting blown in half.

EDIT: You may have to watch it on BluRay to tell.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ldude893 said:
You'd think the two crooks in Home Alone would've died from getting hit by paint-cans and pipes, stepping on nails, falling down several floors, getting electrocuted, smashed by tool carts and having their hair set on fire.
Made me laugh

Jezzascmezza said:
Captain Rhodes in Day of the Dead.
He does eventually die, but he manages to tell the zombies to choke on his intestines as they pull them out.
Badassery has no limits. Even in death, I still serve.

Dutch in Predator.

Arnold has the secret of eternal life and invulnerability

Also, Boromir. 3 to 4 arrows?

RandomWords

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull, seriously how could you survive an atomic bomb by hiding in the fridge????? Even if the fridge is lined with lead (lead blocks radiation)there is still tons around him when he gets out, how did the blast not kill him or crush him inside the fridge, how did the heat not cook him like he was in a microwave????

klakkat

May 24, 2008
RandomWords said:
Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull, seriously how could you survive an atomic bomb by hiding in the fridge????? Even if the fridge is lined with lead (lead blocks radiation)there is still tons around him when he gets out, how did the blast not kill him or crush him inside the fridge, how did the heat not cook him like he was in a microwave????
The amount of lead used would have blocked a completely insignificant amount of radiation. I have actual lab experience with radiation shielding; you need a 1 cm thick lead coating (nearly half an inch) to HALVE the radiation intensity ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_shielding ).

For ground-zero with a nuclear bomb, you would probably need to drop that radiation to around 0.1% for it to be in survivable rates; that's about 10 cm thick, and would weigh about 20 metric tons for a full one-person fridge sized enclosure.

To top it off, as you stated, the heat would still be lethal. Know how that shielding stops radiation? by converting it to heat. So he would be in a literal oven, and that's not even addressing the problems breathing (or in getting out of an old-timey refrigerator, which can only be opened from the outside).

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Sacman said:
Jedoro said:
When Michelle Rodriguez' character gets shot in the eye, but the bullet doesn't go through her eye and kill her.
you can still live through that...
Yeah, if your eye has a bulletproof lining in the back. Otherwise, the bullet would go straight through and put a well-sized hole in the back of your head. That's what I was getting at, not dying from losing an eye.

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
arc1991 said:
Legend of J said:
arc1991 said:
Legend of J said:
arc1991 said:
I wonder how the Pokemon don't die after getting hit multiple times by Fire, Electricity, and Huge Boulders...

But meh, i aint complaining XD
Pokemon carn't die they just faint lol.
Explain the ghost Marowak then?

And Ghost Pokemon must come from somewhere
Im going with NPC pokemon well think about it how many times have you had your pokemon faint throughout the game and not die. Then how many wild pokemon have just fainted. So the ghost marowak is just classed as a ghost pokemon.
But my point is, the Ghost Pokemon must come from somewhere. And if Pokemon don't die, then how are they Created?
Eggs lol. I do understand your point but just rember theres no death in the pokemon games :/ it just comes up that they fainted...

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Paulie92 said:
In Bruges, fat middle aged guy gets shot in the neck (guy who played Hagrid can't remember the characters name) crawls up the stairs of a bell tower and throws himself off

Then he tells Roy to take his gun and run away before finally dying
Erm Brendan Gleeson who your thinkin of played mad eye moody.
while Robbie Coltrane played Hagrid.

I can see how you got mixed up but Brendan Gleeson also played Wiglaf in beowulf. (something you may rember).

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Robocop: the scene where Murphy is shot to death leading to his reserection as robocop. Yeah he dies but first he has his hand blown off and then he's riddled with gunfire from like 6 guys constantly for about 30 seconds. It's not until he gets shot in the head that he finally dies.

A normal person would have likely passed out from shock after having their hand blown off and then they would have simpley bled to death.

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Contun said:
In Black and White Two there was one guy who just wouldn't die.

You would do anything to him and nope, nothing. I threw him halfway across the continent, into the ocean, dropped him from the sky repeatedly and to no prevail.

Eventually I picked him up, took him to the alter, and sacrificed him. That was his only weakness.

Afterward I felt really bad, considering what he went through and how tough of an opponent he had been.
Funny enough the same guy is on the first game and i rember setting fire to him throwing lightning bolts drowning him then i realised you could throw him at the enemeys villages set fire pick him up and throw him again. (Made that level so much easyer).

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Thrashgrinder said:
One time The Punisher Got shot 6 times in the chest with a revolver from a point-blank distance. Kept walking and choked the dude, then walked 2 blockes to his home and collapsed on the door. Yeah...
You do know (in the comics) That the punisher wears thick pieces of kevlar and body armor. And he has survived alot even fights with wolverine, Dare devil and spiderman.

The pun was that the skull he wears everyone shoots for that instead of his unprotected head.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
The main characters in any action film. They can all withstand wounds that the generic allies and enemies die from instantly, just because they're the main characters!

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Dead or Alive by Takashi Miike. Dude loses his arm and yet still manages to pull out a bazooka and fire it. ><

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
Anakin from Star Wars Ep3. How the hell did he survive getting both legs and an arm cut off, then being set on fire by lava!?!!?
cauterize the wound through the Light Saber maybe? the legs aren't exactly a "kill" spot, no matter how much of them you lose, as long as you don't bleed to death and have the most advanced medical technology in the universe to help you

moving on, I loved some part in some mobster movie. some goy it hanging out with some floozies in a club and then a hitman unloads his six-shooter into his face, mostly around the mouth area. some how every shot missed a vital area and the guy slowly stood up with a Knight Sword hanging from his hand, oh the look on the hitmans face, priceless.

now in real life, a guy tried to commit suicide by firing a nail gun into his head throguyh his ears. there were different sized nails in his brain so it turned out he actually reloaded the tool to fire again, he survived.

and there are countless situations of other real people surviving a civilain firearm to the head, 3 metres, shotgun to dads face, teenager in jail. someone got shot after-hours at school, a stream on skin torn off his scalp. some dude got shot 6 times in the back by police becasue of mistaken identity. a man went of some ranpage, ran over two men and stabbed two women in the throats, no one died.

it doen't matter how many shots you fire, they need to hit specific areas and guns and swords need to hit the specail 10% of your body or they'll just hope you bleed to death. (and that they don't kill you right back!)

OrpheumZero

Feb 25, 2010
To the person who mentioned Alucard from Hellsing.

If you actually read the series, you'd know that Alucard is Dracula (really, it's not that big a surprise when you look at his freaking name) and has had nearly 500 years to kill and absorb the souls of his enemies. With each soul gained, his power increases, allowing him to regenerate and recover from all kinds of damage. He's powerful enough to walk in direct sunlight (he just doesn't like it) and can take tons of damage. It's sort of like the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, they are near immortal and invulnerable, but only because each of their philosopher stones have hundreds of souls to readily repair them. But it's seen that after enough damage is done, they start to wear down. Of course it's also mentioned that Hellsing has been experimenting on Alucard, so it's possible they found ways around the staples of vampire killing (decapitation, heart staking, sunlight, etc).

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
gof22 said:
I am reminded of Mr. Orange from Reservoir Dogs. He gets shot in the stomach and he bleeds out a massive amount of blood yet never bleeds to death. Most video game protagonists seem to take a lot of damage without dying.
That one is actually *fairly* believable. Getting shot in the gut can take a horrifyingly long time to be fatal. Ditto for stabbing. In fact...

I'ma turn this thread on it's ear real quick because my last observation brings up the opposite problem - "how did THAT kill him?". Almost any movie where swords/knives are the preferred weapon has people getting stabbed once and they die moments later. Medical science disagrees...unless you get stabbed in the heart, throat, or lungs then you'll linger for a good long while. Ditto for arrow wounds, actually...even if it hits you in the lung, the arrow stays put, which seals the wound. You don't bleed to death for a long time unless you pull the arrow out or it passes all the way through.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
OrpheumZero said:
To the person who mentioned Alucard from Hellsing.

If you actually read the series, you'd know that Alucard is Dracula (really, it's not that big a surprise when you look at his freaking name) and has had nearly 500 years to kill and absorb the souls of his enemies. With each soul gained, his power increases, allowing him to regenerate and recover from all kinds of damage. He's powerful enough to walk in direct sunlight (he just doesn't like it) and can take tons of damage. It's sort of like the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, they are near immortal and invulnerable, but only because each of their philosopher stones have hundreds of souls to readily repair them. But it's seen that after enough damage is done, they start to wear down. Of course it's also mentioned that Hellsing has been experimenting on Alucard, so it's possible they found ways around the staples of vampire killing (decapitation, heart staking, sunlight, etc).
Ya to clarify, in the series its said for every person's "soul" he claims, he gets what pretty much comes down to an "extra life". Damage that would normaly kill him is instead regenerated. Lets say he has 500 souls, that means he can take enough damage to essentialy die 500 times. Seeing how hes lived for a long time, and claimed many many people, you can see how killing him might be a problem.

OT: Not sure if its actualy souls...I think its more close to a DNA memory thing, kinda like in AC.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
A scene I remember was one in Live Free or Die Hard. Bruce willis is driving a car, with a bit of chain link fence on the hood, and a bad guy on it who was trying to climb up said fence before bruce willis hit it. Anyways, Bruce awesomeguy willis is driving down the alleyway, and hits something to get the fence off, it hits at such an angle that the guy gets propelled at a wall. Not just any old wall, but a corner of a wall, bounces off and lands in some trash. Bruce willis was basically flooring it, so he hit that wall at probably 45 miles an hour. He'd be dead or seriously injurd. but no he gets up and walks off.