That Game you wish you could forget just so you could play it again ?

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Bully Scholarship Edition(for its story), Fallout 3, Half Life 2(and both of its episodes), Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, GTA: Vice City, And the Halo series(I wanna go back to pissing myself at the sight of the flood)

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Call of Duty 4- The whole game would be great to replay, but specifically, Ghillies in the Mist. Goddamn, that is a great level.
Bioshock- My first playthrough absolutely blew my mind. I would do anything to meet Andrew Ryan for the first time again.
Mass Effect- Getting sucked in to the universe for the first time was awesome.
Red Dead Redemption and GTA4- Experiencing the story for the first time was awesome.
There are plenty of other games, but these are the big ones.

kronoset

Jan 1, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront 2. I also wish I could forget the existence of current-gen graphics and lag-free online as well ;)

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
Portal. I know the solutions to all the puzzles by heart now, I can practically beat the game with my eyes closed.

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
GTA: San Andreas. Doesn't stop me replaying it from time to time :)

Also Heavy Rain, subsequent playthroughs of that turn into "I'll do whatever I didn't do last time" which ruins the whole point of the game.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
I'd have to say Dragon Age. For the first time in years (since Morrowind) it was an RPG game that I quite literally, didn't want to put down until I'd finished it 2 or 3 times. Was playing it on a morning before going to work, was tired at work because I'd played until 1am, it was a fantastic few weeks while it was all so "new." :p

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
I can't believe that I'm the first person to lose the Game because of this thread.

OT: Dark Cloud. I had a LOT of fun with that game. It isn't the best game ever, but I like that kind of RPG.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
The Darkness. For me the best part of that game is the stellar story and the way it is told. I've re-played it, but it just doesn't have the same emotional impact. It is the game I always reccommend people pick up in bargain bins or second hand for cheap. Who would have thought such a short FPS could be so touching (then again Portal).

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Moonmover said:
Morrowind. I wish I could replay that without knowing anything about it.
This.

Also I was going to say Zelda: OoT, but when I started reading the thread and some one said Oblivion, I realized that starting from scratch on Morrowind would be 10X better than Oblivion and OoT combined. I was just playing Morrowind the other night and it almost is like a second home because of how familiar it is. It's wonderful and disappointing because the game world is so well designed and I couldn't change a thing about it, but I almost want a new game so that I can explore it again. I don't know how many times I've traveled the roads between Balmora and Caldera, and I want it to feel new and dangerous again.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Every game I enjoy which is a long list really. (Excluding Civilization and similar strategy/sim titles) But if I had to choose 5:

1. Arcanum
2. Mass Effect Series
3. Fallout series
4. Planescape Torment
5. Baulder's Gate Series

But pretty much all RPGs and adventure games I enjoy.

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Tales of Symphonia. The story was absolutely incredible, and I wish I could play through it again not knowing what's going to happen (I've tried... still a great game, but nowhere near as good as the first time). Beyond that, I wouldn't mind having a second first crack at Bioshock or Oblivion either.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Dynasty Warriors 4, so I could once again fear the immortal being that is Lu Bu.

Also, Call of Duty 2, I want to experience the D-Day level again for the first time.

In addition to those two, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. When that certain person died in the last level I was all like "NOOOOOOOOO...!"

SamuelofAwesometon

Jul 20, 2009
Brutal Legend for sure. I'm on playthrough # 18 since I got it and I can still play it whenever and love it but...

I would love to go back and experience the game fresh. The soundtrack is just placed so well within the story and its just plain awesome.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Saints Row 2. I still play it, but since it feels like I've done everything in it, I wouldn't mind forgetting to be able to play again.