That Game you wish you could forget just so you could play it again ?

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
Morrowind, no contest.

The memory of getting off the boat in Seyda Neen with the knowledge that an entire world laid out there, just waiting to be explored is one of the best gaming memories that I have.

gjendemsjo

May 11, 2010
Bioshock, for how amazing and shocking it were, it completely blew me away the first time I played it. Paper Mario TTYD would be another one, I loved playing through world 4. The mystery, the atmosphere, the great twist in the middle of the chapter. It's all so great.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I'd be quite happy to forget and replay any game, it's hard to pinpoint just 1.

I'm going with GTA:SA for now, that game was just pure fun from beginning to end.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Assassins Creed 2. First time I did the jumping puzzle in the assassins tomb in Il Duomo was a great deal of fun, but it kinda loses something when you know it.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus. I was too scared to beat boss #7, so I started watching Let's Plays instead. Thus, when I finally got around to beating the game, all the puzzles and surprises were ruined for me. CURSE MY STUPIDITY! CURSE IT!

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Final Fantasy 7.

It holds one of the most well-known spoilers(AKA, it has been spoiled, for everyone) in gaming history. I'd like to go back and play it in a mindset where I didn't know that it ended in flower-girl shish-ka-bob.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
ObsessiveSketch said:
Final Fantasy 7.

It holds one of the most well-known spoilers(AKA, it has been spoiled, for everyone) in gaming history. I'd like to go back and play it in a mindset where I didn't know that it ended in flower-girl shish-ka-bob.
Yeah. Lucky me I played it before I ever heard about what happened. Jaw dropped. Damn near had me choking back tears.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
unholyavenger13 said:
MercenaryCanary said:
unholyavenger13 said:
any of the mass effect games and in that respect i will try damn hard to know as little as possible about the third game
since i dont need any new hyped footage or game features given to me or the idenity of the next Archangel-esque character spoiled for me to make me buy the game
ive already decided i will
To be honest though, I kind of saw that one coming a mile away.

I kept thinking to myself...
A Turian sniper who favors the type of justice that gets things done, and despises crime... where have I heard that one before?

".
well i knew it was him before the game even came out
before i even read a description of his race or personality i knew it was garrus
because they told me

the next one should at least have some mystery around it
It would be somewhat hard for that to be a mystery, because the characters would still have to act like they did.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Call of Duty 4. It'd be nice to have a chance to feel those end-game gut punches at their full intensity again.

mikekearn

Erudite Loquaciousness
Aug 27, 2008
I would love to do this for almost any game I played more than 15 or 20 hours in. Oblivion, Fallout 3, BioShock, GTA IV, Mass Effect... the list goes on. Many of these game I still play today, but the initial thrill of a new game can never really be recovered. I'd love to experience it again.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Halo 3
Bioshock
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Spore
Plants Vs. Zombies
Resident Evil 4
Jak and Daxter
Rachet and Clank 3

I could go on forever. . .

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
Mass Effect 1

I haven't played ME2 yet, lucky me :D though I have to do so soon, I already almost read spoilers a few times, and stopped reading just in time. People, remember to add spoiler tags when you post spoilers!

Portal, because you can finish the game in a single hour once you know the solutions to all the puzzles.

Fallout 3
Bioshock 1 and 2, but 1 more than 2
I wish I played Half-Life 2 before reading Concerned or playing Episode One

One game I don't want to replay from scratch is Metroid Prime. I got stuck trying to get the Ice Beam for so incredibly long, it wasn't until I accidentally used my Power Beam on a Chozo Ghost before I realized that they weren't indestructible.