That Game you wish you could forget just so you could play it again ?

deathlord552

Sep 24, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
My favorite 3D Zelda game, and the first time I played it all those years ago I used a guide, so now when I replay I know how to do everything but when I think back to how I first did it, I remember I used a guide and that just spoils the experience for me. Curse my youthful foolishness.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Echo136 said:
Probably Oblivion and Fallout 3 ( i know they were mentioned). As soon as you step out of the sewers in Oblivion, or the Vault in Fallout 3, you see the world and realize what a big place it is and dont know where anything it. Exploring it was huge amounts of fun. But now if I start a game I know where everything is and it takes away the initial charm.
My feelings too. Even moreso for Fallout 3. But to tell you the truth, I bet I still haven?t seen everything in that one. The capital wasteland was just such an interesting place/thing to explore/examine.
Another one would be gta San Andreas which I play again every couple of years regardless of how much I remember.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
World of Warcraft... I miss my noob days in Darkshore... :(

A friend and I started at the same time and we had extremely slow, but extremely fun levelling races up to about level 20.

Now, I sit here, bored of my level 80 raid-geared warlock, unwilling to go back to the game which I literally devoted weeks of my time to.

Durendarte

Mar 7, 2010
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4 and Halo. I won't say Bioshock because it took me a second playthrough to "get it".

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I wouldn't want to forget that I had played it before, but story wise and such? Lost Odyssey. One of the best games I've ever played. I would love to go through that again and enjoy the story some more.

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
System Shock 2.

There's other stuff, but SS2 looms large every time I think "awesome computer game".

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
Also, if your favourite game was released in the last three years, (i.e. the golden age of vapid sequels) then the likelihood is you're either a foetus or your memory is worse than a meth addicted goldfish. Either way, your opinion is moot.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Man, where to begin? Prototype, Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Bioshock, Oblivion, Fallout 3...

For me, I especially want to forget about the sprawly open-worldy-type games. I can practically travel around Cyrodill with my eyes closed, but I remember first playing Oblivion. I had no idea what the limits were, or if there were indeed limits at all.

Prototype and Bioshock...the problem there was that I looked up the ending before playing the game, so I knew what was coming. You can imagine why I might regret that.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Legacy of Kain : Defiance. :)

I wish I could relive all the points in the game that were awesome.

Gwynnbleidd

Aug 13, 2010
Morrowind! The quest directories are hard to find, especially for the Meruhnes Dagon-quest, but I would love to discover it again

Diablo II: Well, it would not be so boring if wouldn't have finished it a dozen times

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
Forget EVERYTHING about it? Then Final Fantasy VII, hands down. I had watched my brother play it and before I played it for myself (not to mention I surf video game forums a lot), so the game's plot had much less of an impact than it could have.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Gotta go with Shadow of the Colossus. There are a lot of games out there with excellent stories I wouldn't mind playing again with that 'first time' feel, but SotC had me going 'Ooooohhh' and 'Aaaaahhh' almost constantly the first time I played it, whether I was exploring a new bit of landscape or locked in combat with a fearsome monster. I want that feeling of awe and wonder again.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead(s).

L4D was waaaaay better the first few times through the campaign maps.