That moment in life where you wonder why they would do that.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
OneOfTheMichael said:
I just hate humanity though I'm hypocritical myself for saying this, I think what we do to the world like killing the environment is a shame and that we're all gonna die one day for our actions.
Also I hate people who are plain stupid and act so idiotic that I wanna punch them and throw them in a hole.
Lulz, "act so idiotic" is pretty subjective you know.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Jacco said:
Torrasque said:
Most things that happen in the states make me sick.

Hmm... Should I make a list? Ehhh... its a pretty long list, so I'll just summarize.

Any time when someone decides to blame video games/movies for the behavior of someone rather than the atmosphere they are surrounded by, makes me sick.
Any time when someone will defend their "right" to be offensive to X group of people for Y reason, when that reason makes absolutely no sense, makes me sick.
Any time human suffering is being commercialized or people are making a profit from it, makes me sick.
Any time someone gets away with being a massive knob because they apologized/gave money to charity/lost a bit of money, makes me sick.

Generally, whenever someone (or a group of people) behaves completely irrationally and someone suffers because of it, makes me sick.
Are you saying you hate those things because they happen in the States? Or you hate them in addition to the States? And why specifically the US? Do such things not happen in other countries as well?
I hate the States because a great deal of those things happen in the States.
Why specifically the States? Because as a Canadian, I see a lot of this. As a Canadian who uses the net, I see a lot more than most people. Are there other countries that do these things? Of course. People are fucks, not countries. But I tend to see more people in the States being fucks than any other country. Even my friends who live in the States agree with me.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Anything involving the Westboro Baptist Church

Also the cry against day one DLC over Mass Effect 3, that was something that I have to swear at people about.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
The thing that makes me sick is the current state of the world with dictators and how our governments refuse to act when we clearly have superiority over the gorilia forces. Now I am not talking about Kony, even though that sick fuck is right up there with them. Any one ever heard of Sierra Leone? The civil war that devastated the continent? How long it took for the UN to respond. Fuck the Holocaust is something that the leaders of the world have the power to stop yet this sick shit is still going on, just in a different region of the world. Now look at Syria. A brutal regime is killing civilians. What is the UN doing? Nothing. Economic sanctions are not working. I applaud the Arab league for supplying arms but Airstrikes are whats needed, by a joint military operation. Showing that the power of the world will decimate any one who tries to defy people of their lives.

None of this however is reason to give up on humanity. For with that attitude nothing will ever be done. We are the most advanced species on this planet and therefor we are the most capable of dealing with such brutal dictators and war criminals. It makes me sad that we have not done so yet, but that does not deter my faith in humanities capability to respond to a crisis. Irregardless of its nature.

Parkway91

Sep 1, 2011
www.earthlings.com

This basically sums up my opinions and is what made me vegetarian. Humans, y u so stupid??

Xin Baixiang

Feb 25, 2009
What sickens me the most about humans is our inability (in general) to see that nothing is black and white, that everything is a lovely shade of grey. Some greys darker, some greys lighter, but nothing is simple.

Not every White Straight Male is evil and horrible.
Not every female is a victim.
Not every black man is either.

By the same token and very much in the same strength.

White men have done some stupid ass things, and it is for the best that we are moving past that nonsense.
Women deserve more credit for humanity reaching the achievements we have.
And diversity is a strength, not a weakness.

The fact that the polarization of our planet continues and the rhetorical drums don't stop is what truly sickens me.

May 5, 2010
I feel compelled to post this, to balance out all the insufferable cynicism.

There. Faith restored. Unless you're REALLY a dick.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
I haven't lost faith in humanity nor do I really have faith in it. I just wake up, do what I have to, say hi to a few people, tell a few others to fuck off, and go back to bed. I'm pretty content with that. I don't hate people, a lot of them are awesome, I just really hate individual persons.

With that said, I have to admit this made me laugh and kinda put me in a shitty mood at the same time.

Welp, off to view the other funny pictures.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I can only hope this video will help restore some people's faith in humanity:

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
You know, if you waited one more day, you could have gotten a lot more tears and fury.

But since you didn't, I'll just say that I'm always very upset when internet denizens claim to not care about "people in far-off lands". Blood = boiled.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
connall said:
Right, I have thought about putting this thread up to see what bothers people the most in the world, and recently in my life I actually came across it.

First off let me say, I hate people who are homophobic, I hate it even more when people like to hide behind something, some flimsy excuse to shut out their homophobia rather than straight up just admitting it.

This story is rather long so spoiler'd to be safe.
Now, I was in school having a lively discussion, as usual. Something to pass the time, when upon someone in the group announces the fact how homosexuality is wrong. He flat out said it was wrong and against God. This was the first ever time, he had ever shown any signs that he was religious, a good number of people heard this, so I decided to challenge him. He began to quote the bible, now I myself am not religious however this person failed to realize I had taken a subject here which studies the existence of God among other things (I don't know what Americans call it, I think it's philosophy, but not 100% on that.) so I decided to check why he felt this way, where upon he quotes Leviticus (A part where quite a few archaic rules were placed, which now isn't followed withing the religion. To give you an idea Leviticus talks about how men are not allowed to sit on the chair of a woman who may have been on her time of the month. I know it's a bit strange looking back at how they thought.) So I brought it up with a followup question, "Do you follow all of the bible to the letter?" He replied "Yes." He was wearing a mix of fabrics (not allowed to mix cotton and wool when wearing clothes.) I confronted him on this, he continued to say how being gay was wrong, after a while I stopped because I was getting nowhere. Later he caught up with me and asked why I was so passionate defending Homosexuality, I had to think about it somewhat, but I just said it was the right thing to do. However I didn't know why I did, I mean I myself am not homosexual and do get annoyed when people can be a bit oversensitive to homosexuality. The next day in school I found out he spread a rumor that I was gay, it got to a girl I was interested in, and people now think I gay even when I say I'm not. All because of this one guy. It started with him, and then it spread. So yeah. I was extremely pissed with him. EDIT: I am 15, more and more people know I'm not gay but some still do. I am not annoyed about being called gay, because I have nothing against homosexuals, it was just I was interested in the girl, and this spoiled my chances somewhat.

So what just made you thing, "How can people be like this?"
Go find that kid and put a beat down on him in front of an audience.*

(*I'm Not legally responsible if you listen to me, but thats what I did)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I caught my niece's terrible cold. She is a part of humanity. Therefore humanity just made me sick a few days ago.

[sub][sub]The stupidity humans exhibit is very trying at times, I agree. I haven't given up on humanity as a whole yet though so call me an optimist.[/sub][/sub]

Little2Raph

Aug 27, 2011
connall said:
Right, I have thought about putting this thread up to see what bothers people the most in the world, and recently in my life I actually came across it.

First off let me say, I hate people who are homophobic, I hate it even more when people like to hide behind something, some flimsy excuse to shut out their homophobia rather than straight up just admitting it.

This story is rather long so spoiler'd to be safe.
Now, I was in school having a lively discussion, as usual. Something to pass the time, when upon someone in the group announces the fact how homosexuality is wrong. He flat out said it was wrong and against God. This was the first ever time, he had ever shown any signs that he was religious, a good number of people heard this, so I decided to challenge him. He began to quote the bible, now I myself am not religious however this person failed to realize I had taken a subject here which studies the existence of God among other things (I don't know what Americans call it, I think it's philosophy, but not 100% on that.) so I decided to check why he felt this way, where upon he quotes Leviticus (A part where quite a few archaic rules were placed, which now isn't followed withing the religion. To give you an idea Leviticus talks about how men are not allowed to sit on the chair of a woman who may have been on her time of the month. I know it's a bit strange looking back at how they thought.) So I brought it up with a followup question, "Do you follow all of the bible to the letter?" He replied "Yes." He was wearing a mix of fabrics (not allowed to mix cotton and wool when wearing clothes.) I confronted him on this, he continued to say how being gay was wrong, after a while I stopped because I was getting nowhere. Later he caught up with me and asked why I was so passionate defending Homosexuality, I had to think about it somewhat, but I just said it was the right thing to do. However I didn't know why I did, I mean I myself am not homosexual and do get annoyed when people can be a bit oversensitive to homosexuality. The next day in school I found out he spread a rumor that I was gay, it got to a girl I was interested in, and people now think I gay even when I say I'm not. All because of this one guy. It started with him, and then it spread. So yeah. I was extremely pissed with him. EDIT: I am 15, more and more people know I'm not gay but some still do. I am not annoyed about being called gay, because I have nothing against homosexuals, it was just I was interested in the girl, and this spoiled my chances somewhat.

So what just made you thing, "How can people be like this?"
As a Christian, I really hate it when people (like this jerk you ran into at school) mis-represent the Bible to try and justify their own ignorance and bigotry.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
The very fact that a new American Pie movie exists makes me sick.

On the topic of homosexuality, the following scenario is one in which I was made sick by the people I'm related to, not necessarily humanity as a whole:

My brother, my mom, my dad, and I were visiting my dad's parents two nights ago and somehow got onto the subject of gay people. I live in rural South Carolina, and my family has never been any farther north than North Carolina (just to illustrate the kind of "progressive" thinking we're dealing with here)

My brother and I have no problem with homosexuality. None. I'm 24 and he's 27. We're the only two people in our family to graduate college, we're the only two not INCREDIBLY rooted in southern Baptism (my dad's a pastor), and we're the only two who support gay rights.

My grandfather who is 74 years old is, in his words, "a true, American, red-blooded male and that is just damn sick"

We were having such a nice time up until we stumbled on this particular conversation. My mom will VERBALLY SHUTTER every time something homosexual happens on TV. My grandmother still thinks it's a choice, but she's at least of the mindset that "they can make whatever choice they want and let them be happy with it" so at least that's a start.

I've got to get out of South Carolina.

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
When people sign up to a campaign without checking for themselves if its legit and simply taking a simplistic view based of off one documentary designed to tug at the heart strings. Seriously bad stuff happens in Africa all the time but apparently this Kony guy matters more because its popular. It is truly terrible near enough the entire continent is n chaos or near to it but its stu[id how people are bahving about this.