That One Boss Fight...

Clustershmuck

Jun 7, 2010
Of all the boss fights you've engaged in, both of the instrumental and mini variety, which fights will you always remember? Either for the strategy to beat said boss, or just the mechanics associated with the fight, or even just that that you remember how cool it was, we can all remember at least one.

My personal favorites:
GLaDOS fight
Condemned Final fight with serial killer in the dark (probably will always remember because it was so pants-soilingly terrifying)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Luca Blight in suikoden 2, that was an epic boss, you have to fight him with 3 diffrent parties after you had a big war battle with his forces and between each fight your solders would fill him and any of his solders full of arrows then you have a one on one duel between him and your main char

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
KEFKA. Oh dear God, Kefka. That tower of enemies...and them him...ONE final boss, Square Enix, ONE!

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Hmmm... Im going to get mine from the bosses of the Devil May Cry Series. (No, I have not played Bayonetta). One I am going to remember is the final boss from DMC2 just because of the ridiculous amount of health it had (7 bars i think?). Also, the final boss from DMC4 because he could hack your health down to nothing so evasion played a huge role (strategical fight).

Hmm Im suffering a huge mental block for memorable boss fights due to the amount of fps games Ive played lately...

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Might sound stupid but Castle Crashers final boss.
I was all calm and then I opened the treasure chest and was life "OMFG GIANT SPIDER!"

Other than that, Andross in his true form in Star Fox 64.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
All Morrowind and Oblvion bosses. 2 false gods, and 3 daedra. (Dagoth Ur, Almalexia, Hircine, Mehrunes Dagon, Jyggalag)

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Mass Effect 2: It was cool and absolutely retarded at the same time. It was a pretty memorable fight due to the WTF factor of it, but it was pretty fun i guess.

Hexyz Force: Delgaia/Galiza, and Dark Virtus. I love fighting giant bosses that take up most of the screen and ones that are hard enough but not painstakingly so. Cool ass fights and Galiza had me on the edge but I managed to beat it before his "blue phase" attack.

Prinny: Sir Sweet and Chefbot-9000 for the amount of grief those two gave me. They were fucking HARD and I would not stop till those pricks were dead. You damn well will remember a boss that took around 50 or so lives away from you before finally beating him with not time left.

FF6: Kefka was awesome. The music, the atmosphere, the clever reference to the Divine Comedy. It was all awesome.

And my current favorite for all it's epicness and challenge:

Funny thing is, that is the Japanese version of the game, in the English version he's actually harder than that.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Satan from Dante's Inferno

say what you will but kicking the prince of darkness's ass is awesome.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
The final fight in Half-Life 2 was pretty epic. Although, that was more because of the ending then the boss itself. And while on the topic of Valve bosses, Tanks in general. Especially when there are two at once.

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
Goblin from Ultimate Spider-Man. It's funny, because I don't hear people talk about this game as often as other sandbox games (and I use the term VERY loosely), which is a shame because it was really good. The reason I remember that one boss in particular is because when I first got it, I was still pretty new to gaming, so when I got there it would kick my ass constantly. Going back now, it's easy as hell. Still a really fun boss, though.

Harley Duke

Apr 20, 2009
Zowie from Guitaroo Man.

...Shut up, that level was hard!

EDIT: Mildred, from Arcana Heart. She will show you the meaning of pain.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
um bowser from mario 64 XP the last time on the plaform that shrinks in size and forms the shape of a star was really hard. I always ended up falling off...

Portals boss is fun XD i just beat that game today i bought it yesterday.
Thank you movie gallery for going out of buisiness so i could buy the orange box.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
A lot of my perceptions changed about bosses upon encountering raid bosses in World of Warcraft. 'Wow these take a lot of strategy' I thought at first.

A year or so later it dawned on me that the strategy was mind numbingly simple, it was the coordination that was difficult.

Anyway, I guess Shadows of the Colossus necessitates mention due to the nature of it. I never did beat that last boss...

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
I would have to go with Ares from GOWI on god mode. That freakin' dude was soooooooo cheap.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
The Lagiacrus from Monster Hunter Tri.
That thing scared the shit out of me in the third quest that coming back to kick it's ass (after admittedly a couple tries) felt so good, it was so satisfying in fact that as it died I shouted "Take that you fucker!"

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
The final boss from Serious Sam. Dunno why I remember that guy, must have something to do with him being the size of a pregnant aircraft carrier (to borrow an expression)

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Last boss from Bayonetta took a real long ass time. Cronos from GOW 3 was pretty amazing. Mary/Maria from Silent Hill 2, always left a bittersweet feeling.