Thats not funny....thats horrible.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Hello Escapist.

Have you ever heard a joke or seen a video that people find funny or were meant to entertain, but you just found either tasteless or horrible?

Well come one and come all! Share you tales with us!
I'll start us off.

I usually love Cyanide and Happiness cartoons, but this one is just horrific to me.

EDIT: Just in case embedding dosen't work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7PB-6TWrg

EDIT 2: Clarification. The reason I find the cartoon disturbing is watching his life slowly degrade and implode inward on itself. May not unnerve everyone, but it sure gets me. Although it might just be me and my own personal phobias.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Anyone here ever heard of Leo and Satan? It's a hilarious little thing that I watch on Youtube. Anyway in one episode (I forget which one), Leo and Satan are talking about algebra and Leo says "this stuff is harder than the death of my sisters unborn fetus"...

I really didn't enjoy that episode...

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
this commercial

"Windows gives me the family nature never could" And then he hangs his head in shame That's horrible.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i remember watching a tape of an old sturday night live sketch involving two aliens coming to earth
the first time they come the door to their space ship going down lands on a child and kills him
another time a child gets caught in the door and it appears that his spine snaps and he is killed as well they even show his mother crying about it
also im pretty sure they do it once more for good measure

that scarred me for life and SNL actually thought they were funny playing the two aliens as bumbling nitwits rather than MURDERERS

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Hello Escapist.

Have you ever heard a joke or seen a video that people find funny or were meant to entertain, but you just found either tasteless or horrible?

I'll start us off.

I usually love Cyanide and Happiness cartoons, but this one is just horrific to me.

Not trying to be rude here....but what so tasteless about that??? Was it made on the day Irwin died??? Did Bear Grylls die or something???

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Luftwaffles said:
silver wolf009 said:
Not trying to be rude here....but what so tasteless about that??? Was it made on the day Irwin died??? Did Bear Grylls die or something???
I have a personal discomfort for media were people sabotage their own lives. It might not unnerve everyone, it sure as hell unnerves me.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Luftwaffles said:
I was wondering this. It's really not the worst thing Cyanide and Happiness have done.
Really OP, if death is too horrible for you, I really don't think you should be watching things from a group called Cyanide and Happiness.

OT: No, I haven't found anything that makes me find it not funny because it's horrible, I usually end up finding it funny because it took the unexpected turn to horrible.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
A lot of things Daniel Tosh says. He makes so many horrible sexist and racist jokes. The sad thing is I still laugh at them

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Luftwaffles said:
silver wolf009 said:
Hello Escapist.

I'll start us off.

Its pretty new, a few days if i am not mistaken, i just dont get the problem neither.

And even if it was published on the day Irvin died, satire has no boundaries, but the right to be evil.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
hittite said:
this commercial

"Windows gives me the family nature never could" And then he hangs his head in shame That's horrible.
I found that hilarious and I'm not sure why.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Luftwaffles said:
silver wolf009 said:
I have a personal discomfort for media were people sabotage their own lives. It might not unnerve everyone, it sure as hell unnerves me.
You said you liked Cyanide and Happiness, but a few of their shorts are like that.

Speed Racist, Beer Run and Waiting for the Bus come to mind.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Anything that involves human suffering disturbs me. When someone makes a joke about very serious and painful events, I don't find it at all funny. Usually, depending upon the situation, I make sure to let them know what I think right away.

Feb 13, 2008
I don't really want to post anything.

Anything that disturbs me would also get me banzored. Anything that upsets me is usually quite trivial to others.

Example: I'm nervous around sealed foil packages because I think they contain human parts. I couldn't explain why, but it's wedged in the old gray matter.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Youtube comments, and general internet anonymity. A lot of what's said is in jest, but really it's just sad and pathetic people who've grown a pair of ball suddenly thanks to the glowing screen in front of them. The internet promised to be an communication network, that helped enlighten people, but min reality it just spread ignorance and hate with no responsibility.

As for shows, none really. A lot of people seem to get offended by Frankie Boyle, but the only thing that offends me about him is how popular he's got on one joke ( ".... you think that's bad, look at Glasgow/Scotland!!!"). It's very, very old.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
I'm gonna come right out and say 9/11 jokes and rape jokes.

It just proves to the entire world how immature you are and how little you have honestly experienced in your life.