"That's not how the game is supposed to be played!"

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
In Melee my cousin and I like to pit ourselves against certain character pairs (Jiggly Puff and Kirby, Peach and Mario, Ganon and Link, etc) and only turn on the weapons for their respective series. We finish it off by going against two level 9 mewtwos and usually get our butts handed to us.

masterblaze0

Jan 3, 2009
scnj said:
Once on Oblivion I decided to kill every Argonian in the game. I have a save where they're an endangered species in Cyrodiil, but I think there were a couple that can't die.
It would have been funnier if you yourself had been an Argonian

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Instagib and Betrayaly modes in Unreal Tournament 3.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, seeing how many combo hits I can get on an Ace pilot even after I've defeated them (their Mobile Suit doesn't blow up until it's been on the ground for some time)

On3Winged4ng3l

Jun 20, 2009
In Red Faction, after i beat the game i turned on the cheats and sledgehammer vehicles into one another, its a good laugh lol
in CoD4 or WaW i like to try to sneak from one side of the map to the other in prone, while doing no attacking or sprinting to flee from attackers.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Being a brutal git in Spiderman 2, things such as throwing goons off of a high building, slamming them repeatedly against a wall, throwing them into water and using them as bullet shields. Fun.

Mardy

Apr 7, 2009
I tend to play RTS's as a building game, I hardly ever make troops or research. I tenc to just make towns, cities or outposts whenever I can.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
uncle-ellis said:
Fallout 3: complete global holocaust.

working on it at the minute but it will happen.
I will try that :D .....like later.

Mardy said:
I tend to play RTS's as a building game, I hardly ever make troops or research. I tenc to just make towns, cities or outposts whenever I can.
I used to do that too! :)

Ernstige Jan

Jun 1, 2009
Oh, now that I think about it. Me and my friends thought of this awesome game mode in SSBB called 'Snake Battle', where we'd create sort of a maze level and all choose Snake as a character. We'd then all go to a corner of the level and only use ranged attacks on eachother, like the controllable kind. That and grenades. It was really neat, even though it probably just sounds silly. ;P

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
Me and my friend tried to see how many ways we could kill Moira Brown in Fallout 3.
I did this for a bit, then I found out that if you talk her out of writing her book, she becomes gradually more depressed and spends her life cleaning out Brahmin pens and waiting for you to come to the store to sell her stuff. Which was waaay more satisfying.

Other Fallout 3 related hilarity...

Crouch behind a Brahmin and, when someone's walking the other way, hit the "action" button. You'll push it over. I'm trying to hit someone with it but I keep missing.

I once lead a group of Deathclaws into Little Lamplight to wipe out the smug little bastards. The Deathclaws wouldn't go through the door and ended up ripping me apart...

I once spent ten minutes solid berating Dogmeat before sending him off to die against some Yao Guai.

I didn't do it on purpose, but it eventually transpired that I'd taken on an entire fortress of Super Mutants to rescue the slaves they'd taken from Big Town... In my underwear.

Other games...

Once I completed San Andreas, I did a victory lap of the entire map on a pushbike. By the end of the lap, I'd skilled up so far I could jump trucks.

I once spent an hour repeatedly drowning a character on Oblivion just so I could use the "No, it MADE ME WANT TO DROWN THINGS!" rant from Spaced when my roommate came in to ask me what I was doing.

I frequently, when bored or pissed off, go round LittleBIGPlanet, giving one star to anything that says "H4H!" or "5* plx!".

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
masterblaze0 said:
scnj said:
Once on Oblivion I decided to kill every Argonian in the game. I have a save where they're an endangered species in Cyrodiil, but I think there were a couple that can't die.
It would have been funnier if you yourself had been an Argonian
Alas, I was merely a very racist Dunmer.

Xanadeas

Oct 19, 2008
There was this time I was playing GTA-Vice City and I smacked into a golf cart and sent it hurtling across the city. However it was a physics engine glitch that was completely unintended and I was never able to recreate it again.

Hm... Usually I don't do anything too snazzy except in some FPS/Shooter games. There are times when I'll only use melee weapons and run screaming into a horde of enemies and see how many I can take out. I do this on TF2 when I know there's no hope of winning.

Ouroboros0977

Jan 1, 2009
To bend a game I will play battlefield bad company while being stealthy during a multiplayer match, if I happen to come first in the game since I scored 35 points for killing with a knife while everyone else is scoring 10-18 points per kill, then so be it. Being form 2 on the playstation network because of it is really fun.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Bounty Hunters with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 on the Assault Mode at Tatooine.

My sis and I would play Jango Fett and/or Boba Fett while my friend would go through the good guy character roster. He would then come up with a hilarious reason why the person was wanted.

Ki Adi Mundi's reason for being wanted was that his large head was to be made into a flagon.

We would either get stuck on Yoda or Chewbacca. Yoda would sit on the giant ring-like building and just push and pull us constantly, even in mid-air. Thus we named him the "pushy penguin" (named for the way he walks with his lightsaber turned off or 'crouching', and of course, Yoda's insane Force ability). When he played as Chewbacca and we got close, he would kill himself with the remote rocket exclaiming "You'll never take me alive!"

Good times.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Me and a friend used to play Meal Gear Solid on the PS1 and see who could get the farthest from the very beginning without using any weapons or attacks, being spotted and not stopping moving.

Me and my housemate also go onto LBP level creator and make killer vehicles, then climb aboard and smash them into each other and see who wins...with obligatory Robot Wars "Three...Two...One...ACTIVATE!"

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
When i go over to my cousin's house we drive warthogs into the grav-lift on the Valhalla map in Halo 3 and try and land on each other. Completely pointless but oddly enjoyable. I also like building massive cities in games like Warcraft 3 and when that's done I buy all the goblin shredders I can and cut down all the trees.

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
Rise of nations, made a very good map which resembled WWII the battle of france, whit germany starting off with twice as many soildiers as the allies (also twice the population limit so they coulnt make more citizen by start. din't say it was perfect, just good) but it was Germany and Italy vs: netherlands,denmark, france, great britian(wich had a larger fleet than germany so they would have big trouble getting to them. It was fun and a challenge in many ways!
Germany: capture as many cities as fast as possible before the allies starts to build up more troops than they have. Not to hard but if your not fast enough the allies can outnumber you since they have more Players/computers

Denmark/Netherland: The smallest nations almost defensless but not as hot as the french borders. The biggest challenge actualy.

Italy: almost just a small "support" to the germans, could take some of teh cities from France but not whitout difficulty

France: Another hard one, the Germans are pushing and pushing inwards and you have to make sure you don't lose Paris 'cause then you will get a timer to recapture or lose.

Great Britain: your pretty safe, but have to keep your friends alive or the germans will greatly outnumber you in all ways later.

But i lost this scenario when my last PC went to hell. want it back! T_T

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
How do you make your own fun while playing a game?

My boyfriend and I bend games to entertain ourselves all the time. Just yesterday we were playing Free Mode in GTA4 (which is the greatest part of that or any game), and I was on foot trying to cross the map, while he patrolled the islands looking for me with his radar off. It was actually pretty intense when he would almost discover me hiding behind a wall, only to drive off in the other direction.
I lost stupidly by failing to avoid his front bumper...
That same game we also jumped a helicopter with a car, and then drove that same car INTO the helicopter XD

and also recently in MKvsDC, we would go into close combat and the person being attacked would dodge in a pattern that looked as if he was dancing. Yeah, we're lame.
me and 2 of my mates sent a Bus flying with the rotor on a Police Helo in Free Mode :p that was so awesome xD and we have Helo melee fights (you more or less fly into each other with the rotors and the one who's not crashed down and is lying in a big blood pile on the curve is the winner :))

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
In CoD4 me and a friend set up a "sniper outpost" in long-range maps. One spots and the other snipes. The third and sometimes fourth player have to try and get to a set location without getting sniped. Only the sniper is allowed to shoot.