"That's not how the game is supposed to be played!"

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
In Starcraft, I like to wage battles with only the basic workers. I always pick protoss, because probes can get both armor and shield upgrades :p

In Goldeneye 64, my friend used to memorize every spawn point and put proximity mines at every one.

In the Super Smash Bros games, me and my sisters play suicide games sometimes. Everyone is either DK or Kirby. The first one to lose all their lives to suicide kills wins.

In Soul Caliber 2, my friends and I would put the round limit to infinite and both players choose Charade. It's not very creative for this thread, but it was still fun.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Get some pals together, put in a mech game, and see if we can do some online synchronized dancing. Doesn't happen often though, if at all these days. (though I've seen it done to perfection)

In Armored Core: For Answer, we'll usually have boxing matches with DOZARs or all blade matches.
Ahem...to quote ChampionChamps...

"HUUURRAAAAGHH!!"

Anywho, me and my buddy used to play house on Goldeneye 64...with knives, mines, and pistols....good times.

That, and on my own, I nearly wiped out all life on Morrowind as a Werewolf, and in Mercenaries Two: World in Flames, I sling-load cars to their doom, and plant boats on rooftops, only to then use my helicopter as a weapon by bailing in midair.

What else...typing in 'Armageddon' in Army Men II and 'No one suspects'...not in that order, but oh god, so much fun.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
While playing GTA 4 on free mode with a buddy what we did was try to kill ourselves in the most spectacular fashion. For example my buddy blew himself up with an rpg, flew across the street and landed in a apartment balcony.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
How do you make your own fun while playing a game?

My boyfriend and I bend games to entertain ourselves all the time. Just yesterday we were playing Free Mode in GTA4 (which is the greatest part of that or any game), and I was on foot trying to cross the map, while he patrolled the islands looking for me with his radar off. It was actually pretty intense when he would almost discover me hiding behind a wall, only to drive off in the other direction.
I lost stupidly by failing to avoid his front bumper...
That same game we also jumped a helicopter with a car, and then drove that same car INTO the helicopter XD
Ahhh GTA Free play....another good one is, one of you is in a car, the other in a millitary helicopter chasing you down.....play it in the middle island and the person in the helicopter isn't allowed to go above the buildings....its awsome me and my mates do it all the time, makes you feel like your in a James Bond style chase

Flying the helicopter thru the street while shooting at the car is very hard by the way. haha

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
Da_Schwartz said:
scnj said:
On Oblivion or Fallout 3 when my map was mostly empty, I'd close my eyes and place a marker then go there, stopping to look at interesting stuff along the way. That's how I discovered Hackdirt in Oblivion, and the UFO Crash Site in Fallout 3.
Whoa. theres a ufo crashsite if fallotu3?
yes, and you find a really awesome Alien Blaster there! it is located somwhere southwest of vault 92.

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
usually i go through melee only runs in oblivion or fallout, on the hardest difficulty. You'd be amazed at just how badass you feel from punching the fuck out of vampires...

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I tried to make myself a 'herd' of Deathclaws in Fallout 3 by getting them all to chase me, and then trying to get as many following me as possible. I shot them all in one leg to give me the ability to live, and then tried to herd them all into Tenpenny Tower, because of all the snotty bastard who lived there. I then went inside, caused a major panic, and fled outside with the Deathclaws with half the tower pursuing me...which meant the gate was shut, with all the Deathclaws and people stuck inside.

I died. Totally worth it.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Playing Fallout 3 without leaving the Wasteland is pretty fun!

Also, trying to sequence break the hell out of every game that I play...

--Xvito, keeping it excellent.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Same with traps in Pokemon Underground. Nothing quite as aggravating as chains of long directional traps.
This. I've spent far too many hours setting up long strings of Hurl Traps that lead to, finally, a Confuse Trap surrounded by yet more traps.

I tend to try and run people over in a mongoose while playing Halo 3.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Whenever I play coop in any game I just run around killing my teammate.

DreamKing

Aug 14, 2008
Super Sudden Death mode in Super Smash Bros. Melee + weapons that knock back opponents + 99 lives = One hell of a good time.