Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm imagining a guy with a big overcoat selling Owls out of them to meth addicts and it sounds like something out of Gravity Falls or something.

Also, the obligatory: The government doesn't want you to know this but Owls in the forest are free. You can take them home. I have 458 owls

Last edited:

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
I'm both sad and annoyed by how the Qatar World Cup is being used as an excuse for various types of propaganda - we see groups with clearly opposing agendas "taking the stage" every day while trying to tailor their statements as "neutral" as possible... The stadiums are also riddled with slogans and even in-fighting... Just let me watch the game in peace, no need to shove a political/woke culture "gem" down my throat ever 15 mins.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm both sad and annoyed by how the Qatar World Cup is being used as an excuse for various types of propaganda - we see groups with clearly opposing agendas "taking the stage" every day while trying to tailor their statements as "neutral" as possible... The stadiums are also riddled with slogans and even in-fighting... Just let me watch the game in peace, no need to shove a political/woke culture "gem" down my throat ever 15 mins.
If you want politics-free sports, international events are the absolute last place to look. Might as well expect the Olympics to be about "the glory of the sport".

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Inb4 some dude's hands get bitten off by a chest-maw.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Okay, I've certainly nothing against trans or deaf/mute people, and hate than anyone would make fun, but if this was in any way serious... WTF?? And if it was a joke at her expense... WTF??

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
"Manosphere" influencer who made their brand out of "pure" "ancestral" "all natural" bodybuilding from mostly eating raw meat and shouting - who recently had to admit, after information was uncovered, to being on steroids to the surprise of absolutely no-one - has a personal chef. And their personal chef made a thing. 👀

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
"Manosphere" influencer who made their brand out of "pure" "ancestral" "all natural" bodybuilding from mostly eating raw meat and shouting - who recently had to admit, after information was uncovered, to being on steroids to the surprise of absolutely no-one - has a personal chef. And their personal chef made a thing. 👀

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

"As we execute on our Reinvention plan, we are building on our 51-year history of market leading innovation to position our business and our brand for the next chapter of growth," Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said in a company statement earlier this year." Guided directly by our partners, we have already begun to take action on an inspired roadmap to build the future of Starbucks, all while staying true to our mission of uplifting communities through a shared love for coffee and further extending our coffee leadership and innovation."

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

"As we execute on our Reinvention plan, we are building on our 51-year history of market leading innovation to position our business and our brand for the next chapter of growth," Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said in a company statement earlier this year." Guided directly by our partners, we have already begun to take action on an inspired roadmap to build the future of Starbucks, all while staying true to our mission of uplifting communities through a shared love for coffee and further extending our coffee leadership and innovation."

A Subway worker once told me that any tips given through the credit-card reader never made it to the employees. It wouldn't at all surprise me if the same held true for Starbucks.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, been around for a couple of years, but I've just found came across this, and now you all have to as well:

Apparently to do it properly you also have to put your finger on the trigger and wiggle it back a little. Hopefully not enough to fire it, but there are confirmed cases of the really obvious happening.

(As an aside, I thought "Fudd" meant someone only concerned with hunting guns and not the 2A)

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ok, been around for a couple of years, but I've just found came across this, and now you all have to as well:

Apparently to do it properly you also have to put your finger on the trigger and wiggle it back a little. Hopefully not enough to fire it, but there are confirmed cases of the really obvious happening.

(As an aside, I thought "Fudd" meant someone only concerned with hunting guns and not the 2A)
Well, like the last line of the article mentions: even if it’s done ironically, you’re still pointing a gun at your dick. Like my dude, even with the article to outline the whole thing, why?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
WhatTheFu#$.jpg

Said in response to me... Wanna know what word this person is talking about?

Aspie.

Apparently me being autistic means I'm a nazi. Holy fucking shit, no one knows what words mean anymore.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
According to a study in Brazil, autistic people are more principled than non-autistic people and that's...bad somehow?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
According to a study in Brazil, autistic people are more principled than non-autistic people and that's...bad somehow?

I've actually thought about this a lot. I think it might come from the fact that because we don't read social ques, we're less likely to get pressured into doing something wrong and we don't think of "What would someone else do in this situation" like normal people do. What I mean to say is... I can see the line of thinking for a "neuro-typical" (Man, I hate that term) person to be "Well if I don't get in on this then I'm being left out for no gain because someone else will do it anyway." Like... the social code that most humans seem to know intrinsically, is muddied or invisible for us.

Something about morals from my own experience. I can not allow myself to hate, truly hate, someone else. I get irritated or angry with people but in the few moments when that went over the edge into real hate it felt like I was dying. It feels like the organs in my chest are shutting down and getting crushed by something. I can't do it. It hurts too much.

Last edited: