5. Heroes of Might and Magic III
4. Dragon Age Origins
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Honorable mentions to: Mass Effect 2, Banjo Tooie, Final Fantasy X, Team Fortress 2, Vampire the Masqurade: Bloodlines, Fire Emblem, Baldur's Gate, Psychonauts, Silent Hill 2, Fallout 3, Dear Esther, Final Fantasy IV, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Pokemon Crystal.
Civilization II (not that III or IV are worse games, but I have to pick one, don't I?)
Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Baldur's Gate II (including Throne of Bhaal)
UFO: Enemy Unknown (a.k.a.: X-Com: UFO Defense)
I realize that this might seem like they're all only up there out of nostalgia, but I've re-played all of them during the last three years (except for Civ2), and I stand by the decision.
Damn you for only allowing 5. Other entries:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
System Shock 2
Day of the Tentacle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Knights of the Old Republic
Aliens vs. Predator 2
Dungeon Keeper 2
Batman: Arkham Asylumn
Heroes of Might & Magic III
Allrightythen! I put in some comments as well, filled it out a bit!
Baldur's Gate 2 (obviously)
- Very big and polished, you can be playing it for the fifth time and you might still find or notice something you haven't before. A holder of the "holy shit is it 5 a.m already?" award, it's story and loveable characters sucks you in like no other game.
Civilization 4 (Of course)
- "Just one more turn!" Players of this series know what that sentence represents, it's Civ stealing all of your free time! Every new part in this series tweaks the concept more and more, this part is the best yet and I expect part 5 to steal the throne.
Resident Evil 4 (No surprises yet!)
- 3rd perspective action at it's finest! The weapon system is great, the controls are spot on and the action is non-stop! The level design stands out to me as every single stage is just at fun to play on every play through, all in all a great game!
Ocarina of Time (Not very unexpected either!)
- Most of the Zelda games tend to stand the test of time, that is they are just as fun to play today as they were when they came out. Ocarina of Time is no exception! It's puzzle and adventure gallore and riding Epona through Hyrule, shooting arrows at poes, hasn't bored me yet. (I actually like the water temple as well!)
As of now, I don't really know what the fifth would be. I believe Mass Effect 1/2 or Dragon Age will take a spot on my list, but I haven't played them yet. Til then, this will be my list!
1)Modern Warfare 2
2)Halo 3 (never played the others but I'm sure they're great)
3)Assassins Creed 2
4)Ratchet and Clank 2
That was surprisingly hard
Also when I was typing this I noticed that it already had 8 pages. I (literally) had to check to see it wasn't made last Sunday. Unlucky Cpt_Oblivious you've got a long Sunday of vote counting ahead of you!