The 3rd Annual Escapist's Worst Song Of The Year Thread!

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
I'm baaack! (Admittedly, I've never left, but shut up! Your ruining the fun!)

Since I joined back in 2008, I've been on a journey. A journey of maturity, persistance, growing up and learning. I've changed a lot since I first came crashing onto these boards two years ago.

But what hasn't changed, is my undying quest to find out the collective hive mind of The Escapist's Worst Song Of The Year!

Change up from last year's system (where we never actually got a "winner", natch): We simply nominate songs and on December 24th at 6PM (UK Time) I will tally up the votes and reveal the "winner" of this prestigious award (if somebody could make a special JPEG, that'd be great!)

Rules!

1: The song MUST have been released in 2010. If your chosen abominations have been released in your country for the first time this year when it was infecting everyone else last year, that is fine.

2: You CAN give a reason for choosing your song. It can be comical, it can be in-depth, it can be personal, or it can just be your choice if the song speaks for itself.

3: You MAY post multiple nominees. If you remember others at a later date, then come back and post them. No harm done!

4: You MAY post the YouTube video along with your choice, but it is entirely your fault if anybody turns up at your house to piss through your letter box because of you posting said video and serves you right.

5: You CAN chat about each others choices. This, after all, is a discussion thread. So chat away about your nominees without worry! As long as you don't start hurling insults. Otherwise someone may throw something back and it'll only escalate (cookie for the reference)!

So, without further ado, I present my first three entries!

Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth If the devil wanted to take the form of a song and drive the world to commit mass suicide, THIS would be that song. It is, by a country mile, the worst song I've heard all year.

Katy Perry - California GurlsThe song that absolutely refuses to die. It's fucking everywhere! And it deserves to burn in hell for not only wasting Snoop Dogg, but also failing to spell "Girls" correctly.

Tinie Tempah - Pass OutI don't care what anyone says, I hate this man and I hate his songs. But his lyrics are genius(!) Yes, that was sarcasm. Thanks for asking!

Well, those are my first choices. Over to you! Get nominating! We close votes at 9PM on December 23rd!

The Escapist's Worst Songs Of 2010 Current Rankings (December 19th)​

1]Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth (12 votes)
1]Kesha - Blah Blah Blah (Feat. 3OH!3) (12 votes)
2]Katy Perry - California Gurls (8 votes)
3]Soulja Boy - Anime (5 votes)
3]Brokencyde - Yes, The Entire Band's Collective Work Has Been Nominated (5 votes)
3]The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) (5 votes)
4]Justin Beiber - Yes, His/Her Entire Collective Work Has Been Nominated (4 votes)
4]Far East Movement - Like A G6 (4 votes)
5]Tinie Tempah - Pass Out (3 votes)
6]N-Dubz - Girls (2 votes)
6]Kesha - We R Who We R (2 votes)
6]30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge (2 votes)
7]Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up (1 vote)
7]Kelis - Acapella (1 vote)
7]Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire (1 vote)
7]Iron Maiden - Satellite 15... The Final Frontier (1 vote)
7]Tinie Tempah - Written In The Stars (1 vote)
7]Disturbed - Asylum (1 vote)
7]Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (1 vote)
7]Roll Deep - Green Light (1 vote)
7]Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are (1 vote)
7]Pixie Lott - Boys And Girls (1 vote)
7]Sidney Samson Feat. Wizard Sleeve - Riverside (Let's Go!) (1 vote)
7]The X Factor Finalists - Hero (1 vote)
7]Rihanna - Rude Boy (1 vote)
7]Wacka Flocka Feat. Ciara - Hard In The Paint (Dirty) (1 vote)
7]JLS - The Club Is Alive (1 vote)

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire.

I'm not even sure it was released this year but the damn radio stations will not stop playing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again til I know the lyrics of by heart! It's one of the most repeated songs ever this year and I've grown to hate it.

Uh...and there was this song I heard last night called "This is G6" or something, I can't remember who it was by or if that was even the name. But by Christ it was awful. Truly, truy awful.

And that's all I can think off right now without bringing up Beiber or whichever talentless fat shop assistant lovely, talented person wins this years X-Factor. But I will say, I liked California Gurls, despite the fact they spelt girls in the "gangsta" way or whatever.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Freebird. said:
Black Eyed Peas - The Time

Aside from sounding horrible, it rhymes swagger with Mick Jagger. People really need to stop doing that.
How could I have missed that song! Stupid me! I don't really listen to the lyrics because when I wake up from this song, I find out I've given myself an amatuer lobotomy (yes, every single time this song comes up. This explains a lot, doesn't it?). As such, reading that line out of context made it sound hilarious rather than depressing. Great work!

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Yeah.
California Gurls.
Alright song. I've gotten used to it, but I'm constantly confused by the song's blatant statism.
How are California Gurls superior, to, say, Idaho Gurls? What about Iowa Gurls?
Having it played every morning on the bus ride to school helps to desensitize you.
Also, that music video starts out weird and gets to pure WTF later on.
Think the last 30 seconds. Pure. Mental. F---ery. Seriously.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
jackanderson said:
Katy Perry - California GurlsThe song that absolutely refuses to die. It's fucking everywhere! And it deserves to burn in hell for not only wasting Snoop Dogg, but also failing to spell "Girls" correctly.
This song by a by a mile, played way too much on the radio, have heared up to 10 times in a single day. In fact now whenever i hear a radio announcer say "now here's california girls" i say in my head "please let be the let it be the beach boys, please please please god let be the beach boys, just this once please!" It's never the beach boys :(

Also I would like to nominate this:

Her voice is just torture

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I whip my hair back and forth easily. The only song I can think of that could compete with that for the title of the worst song ever is "Freaxxxx" by brokencyde. Seriously it's the awful.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Freebird. said:
Black Eyed Peas - The Time

Aside from sounding horrible, it rhymes swagger with Mick Jagger. People really need to stop doing that.

I may come up with more later.
Can't believe I forgot that. I listened to this at about 7am this morning and it's terrible.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I've been sitting here for a minute now and I can't think of anything worse than Whip My Hair.

Ummmm...

I got nothing.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008

Brokencyde must win this every year. I actually wouldn't minf that Tinie Tempah song if the bloke wasn't in it. Someone could have made some awesome Ratatat style electronica out of it.

Hollock said:
I whip my hair back and forth easily. The only song I can think of that could compete with that for the title of the worst song ever is "Freaxxxx" by brokencyde. Seriously it's the awful.
Apparently that didn't come out this year. Must have won last year.

Habakkuk

Nov 19, 2010
I second the Tiny Tempah one.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8D9xCBcfzw Acapella by Kelis

And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FV2ILnnTa0 Fire with Fire by the Scissor Sisters

Oh, and the First track on the new Iron Maiden album. I love Iron Maiden and was looking forward to the new album for the last four years. Finally it comes out and its brilliant, not their best but still brilliant, except for the first song which was a dissapointment.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Anything by Kesha (and no, I won't use the damn dollar sign).
Specifically:

(I wish I could use her first single, but that was 2009)

Ironically, I enjoy pop music. It's just her obsessive need to half-ass rap and auto-tune over songs with the same lyrical quality as anything spouted from a drunken buffoon outside of a nightclub (as said buffoon vomits glitter) makes me angry.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Tinie Tempah - Written in the Stars and Pass Out

Fuck TT.
Seriously, I mean Pass Out is catchy and so's Stars, but the fact is the little effort was clearly not put in by him. He 'raps' like a retarded 10 year old who's never had an English lesson and dresses like a total tool/dipshit.

Everyone know Written in the Stars for the chorus and that guy's signing. Tinie just takes the credit for it. Should be more like, "Ft Tinie Tempah" rather than vice versa.
He's an absolute cock and so are his songs. What little there was to like about them was raped, killed, lit of fire, raped again, run over, and thrown into a lake by being overplayed on Radio/TV/Sheep's iPods.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
jackanderson said:
Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth If the devil wanted to take the form of a song and drive the world to commit mass suicide, THIS would be that song. It is, by a country mile, the worst song I've heard all year.
I find it hilarious to compare that song to this:

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
TheRightToArmBears said:

Brokencyde must win this every year. I actually wouldn't minf that Tinie Tempah song if the bloke wasn't in it. Someone could have made some awesome Ratatat style electronica out of it.

Hollock said:
Apparently that didn't come out this year. Must have won last year.
But if brokencyde won every year, it'd be boring! Even if they are utter shite. Good nominee though. Keep 'em coming!

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
I watched the first video, and decided it'd be better for my sanity if I just called it a day there. God speed to all of you who watch any more.

You're stronger than I.