The 3rd Annual Escapist's Worst Song Of The Year Thread!

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Your first entry- Whip My Hair. That's my pick, hands down. Stop it....stop it....get the chant out of my head....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
jackanderson said:
I disagree with all of those choices, I'm not really a fan of them but they are far from terrible. Come has a single artist this year been worse than fukcing Kesha?!

I'm sorry for posting this

Worst chorus ever and the laziest synth I've ever heard, just playing one note at a time.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Bebopcola2021 said:
Your first entry- Whip My Hair. That's my pick, hands down. Stop it....stop it....get the chant out of my head....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Get this man to a hospital, quick!

Outright Villainy said:
I watched the first video, and decided it'd be better for my sanity if I just called it a day there. God speed to all of you who watch any more.

You're stronger than I.
You don't have to listen to the songs in this thread, if that helps. Just return in a few weeks time for the result. THEN you'll have to listen to the songs!

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Current standings is that Willow Smith - Whip My Hair and Katy Perry - California Gurls (all variants) are tied up in front with Kesha (no! I'm not using the damn dollar sign!) and Tinie Tempah - Pass Out close behind. But it's still early days! I'll give a full current list every couple of days, but for now, keep voting!

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I don't genuinely hate anything that anyone has posted yet and in fact most of the linked songs are pretty damn good. The backing tracks behind Willow Smith and Tinie Tempah are great, especially the latter which sounds like s SID chiptune. Although I will concede that the Brokencyde track isn't very good, "Booty Call" is a pretty pissweak effort after the brilliance of "Freaxxx".

If I really had to pick something that I don't care for much I'd probably pick this:

Or any one of the hundreds of other bands around at the moment that sound almost exactly like this one. I really am not into this nu-school generic metal loser-core. But some people obviously dig it I suppose, so hey whatevs...

Layz92

May 4, 2009
smearyllama said:
Yeah.
California Gurls.
Alright song. I've gotten used to it, but I'm constantly confused by the song's blatant statism.
How are California Gurls superior, to, say, Idaho Gurls? What about Iowa Gurls?
Having it played every morning on the bus ride to school helps to desensitize you.
Also, that music video starts out weird and gets to pure WTF later on.
Think the last 30 seconds. Pure. Mental. F---ery. Seriously.
I'm on board with this one. It sneaks up on me even though I don't want to hear it. Someone will have a TV/radio too loud or someone will link me to something with it in the background... hate that song.

Also everything I have heard from Durillo (or whatever) or the 2010 Aria awards in Australia. My GF made me sit through them... Excluding John Butler it was 3 hours of complete mediocraty and pain. Furthering that point, why the hell did John Butler not win anything? He rocks everyone else that won anything.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
RaphaelsRedemption said:
When did Britney Spear's "Radar" come out?

'Cause that song is pure torture to the ears...
2009, unfortunately. Sorry but: DENIED.

Time for another one of my choices.

Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
One of the catchiest, most boring, most overplayed, most annoying songs of the year. And would you believe that the full length version is 5 minutes long!

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
jackanderson said:
Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand

One of the catchiest, most boring, most overplayed, most annoying songs of the year. And would you believe that the full length version is 5 minutes long!
Well it's pretty crappy to listen to at home on a computer, but if you're listening to it in that context, you're doing it wrong. It's a dance song and it's designed to work on a dance floor. It also has more variety than most dance tracks. I'd rather listen to this than just about anything in Daft Punk's entire catalogue just on the strength of the added musical variety alone.

You're yet to post a song that I hate - come on, I know you can do it...

Jester00

Sep 22, 2010
fuck you, youtube. i can't even watch one of the vids from the first post in my country.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
GOD! What the fuck is wrong with.....NOISE today (thats right, it can't even be called music) in the 90s at least the noise didn't make your ears bleed

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7K3wFXJFsQ&feature=fvw
I don't know how to post videos, The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) In close 2nd was that Willow Smith song that's all ready been posted, or any Justin Bieber song.

I really hate this BEP song, yet somehow it planted itself in my head. I was even humming along as I posted the link.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
fullbleed said:
Worst chorus ever and the laziest synth I've ever heard, just playing one note at a time.
I... uh... that can't be real...

I swear to god, every time I hear a new Kesha song, I always think it's a fucking joke.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
My nominations are:

This is just an abomination. I can't believe producers listened to this and actually thought "yeah I think this could sell well". One of the worst parts is Will Smith is my favourite actor, he must have passed his blessing on this song. This song isn't even played in clubs it is that bad.

I cannot express my hatred for Ke$ha (a fucking dollar sign?!) enough. She is just scum. SCUM.

Also: