The 3rd Annual Escapist's Worst Song Of The Year Thread!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I'm going with Soulja Boy's song about anime. It has nothing to do with the fact that i'm anime fan (ok maybe a little) but it is just an all around terrible song that took about as much effort to write as it does to take a shit. Fuck you Soulja Boy, your music is terrible and your name is stupid.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
fullbleed said:
jackanderson said:
I disagree with all of those choices, I'm not really a fan of them but they are far from terrible. Come has a single artist this year been worse than fukcing Kesha?!

I'm sorry for posting this

Worst chorus ever and the laziest synth I've ever heard, just playing one note at a time.
I nominate this song, I couldn't make it past 10 seconds.

Robert Merlow

Dec 1, 2009
Well, I think Willow Smith's I Whip My Hair has to be on the list, but I will certainly have to nominate Brokencyde, Soulja Boy's Anime [http://www.kontraband.com/videos/23623/Soulja-Boy-Anime/] (I apologize profusely for the link), 30 Seconds to Mars' Closer to the Edge (They're hipster punks whom I would like nothing more than to sic Hannibal Lecter on and just say "Go for it."), Kesha's Blah Blah Blah (Fuck no, Kesha, I'm not using a goddamn dollar sign. You're a cheap whore, not money), and how could we forget of the crown jewels of aweful (Well, the only person to use it as a crown jewel would probably be Lady GaGa, and that's just because she's batshit insane.) Justin Bieber's Baby
To balance this all out, I brought something good to the party (It's a link, so it doesn't look like I'm nominating it): Jessica [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO9o2nv1vM&feature=related]

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
It's standings update time, folks!

The Escapist's Worst Songs Of 2010 Current Rankings​
1]Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth (12 votes)
2]Kesha - Blah Blah Blah (Feat. 3OH!3) (11 votes)
3]Katy Perry - California Gurls (8 votes)
4]Soulja Boy - Anime (5 votes)
5]The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) (4 votes)
5]Brokencyde - Yes, The Entire Band's Collective Work Has Been Nominated (4 votes)
6]Tinie Tempah - Pass Out (3 votes)
6]Justin Beiber - Yes, His/Her Entire Collective Work Has Been Nominated (3 votes)
6]Far East Movement ? Like A G6 (3 votes)
7]N-Dubz - Girls (2 votes)
7]Kesha - We R Who We R (2 votes)
7]30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge (2 votes)
8]Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up (1 vote)
8]Kelis - Acapella (1 vote)
8]Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire (1 vote)
8]Iron Maiden - Satellite 15... The Final Frontier (1 vote)
8]Tinie Tempah - Written In The Stars (1 vote)
8]Disturbed - Asylum (1 vote)
8]Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (1 vote)
8]Roll Deep - Green Light (1 vote)
8]Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are (1 vote)
8]Pixie Lott - Boys And Girls (1 vote)
8]Sidney Samson Feat. Wizard Sleeve - Riverside (Let's Go!) (1 vote)
8]The X Factor Finalists - Hero (1 vote)
8]Rihanna - Rude Boy (1 vote)
8]Wacka Flocka Feat. Ciara - Hard In The Paint (Dirty) (1 vote)

There's the list so far! Don't like it? Then change it! Voting stays open until 9PM December 23rd, so make sure you nominate and vote for your worst song(s) of the year by then! Also, all nominees with 1 vote will not make the final list. So if there is a particular song you hate that you've seen someone else vote for and nobody else has, make sure you vote for it too!

Debate, discuss, nominate, enjoy!

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
Professor James said:
fullbleed said:
jackanderson said:
I disagree with all of those choices, I'm not really a fan of them but they are far from terrible. Come has a single artist this year been worse than fukcing Kesha?!

I'm sorry for posting this

Worst chorus ever and the laziest synth I've ever heard, just playing one note at a time.
I nominate this song, I couldn't make it past 10 seconds.
I second this nomination and add my own for brokencyde

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Like a G6. That has got to be the most god-awful thing I've ever heard. Worse than brokencyde, worse than millionares.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Every Justin Bieber song.

I refuse to add a link because I have to find a piece of his music and I do not want to hear that abomination ever again.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Sorry for leaving this thread idle for so long! There's only 4 more days of voting left! So get those votes in. I've allowed some votes from my friends too. Here's the current standings!

The Escapist's Worst Songs Of 2010 Current Rankings​

1]Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth (12 votes)
1]Kesha - Blah Blah Blah (Feat. 3OH!3) (12 votes)
2]Katy Perry - California Gurls (8 votes)
3]Soulja Boy - Anime (5 votes)
3]Brokencyde - Yes, The Entire Band's Collective Work Has Been Nominated (5 votes)
3]The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) (5 votes)
4]Justin Beiber - Yes, His/Her Entire Collective Work Has Been Nominated (4 votes)
4]Far East Movement - Like A G6 (4 votes)
5]Tinie Tempah - Pass Out (3 votes)
6]N-Dubz - Girls (2 votes)
6]Kesha - We R Who We R (2 votes)
6]30 Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge (2 votes)
7]Eliza Doolittle - Pack Up (1 vote)
7]Kelis - Acapella (1 vote)
7]Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire (1 vote)
7]Iron Maiden - Satellite 15... The Final Frontier (1 vote)
7]Tinie Tempah - Written In The Stars (1 vote)
7]Disturbed - Asylum (1 vote)
7]Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (1 vote)
7]Roll Deep - Green Light (1 vote)
7]Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are (1 vote)
7]Pixie Lott - Boys And Girls (1 vote)
7]Sidney Samson Feat. Wizard Sleeve - Riverside (Let's Go!) (1 vote)
7]The X Factor Finalists - Hero (1 vote)
7]Rihanna - Rude Boy (1 vote)
7]Wacka Flocka Feat. Ciara - Hard In The Paint (Dirty) (1 vote)
7]JLS - The Club Is Alive (1 vote)

There's the list so far! Don't like it? Then change it! Voting stays open until 9PM December 23rd, so make sure you nominate and vote for your worst song(s) of the year by then! Also, all nominees with 1 vote will not make the final list. So if there is a particular song you hate that you've seen someone else vote for and nobody else has, make sure you vote for it too!

Debate, discuss, nominate, enjoy!

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
Willow Smith - I Whip My Hair Back And Forth

I only heard this the other week, but I caught myself saying "Someone must die for this!" out loud. So yeah, I would say that is the most abominable noise I've heard all year. There has been a lot of Swedish rubbish as well, but they are more pretentious than down right terrible.

Cameron Arthur

Dec 27, 2010
My vote goes to Willow Smith and that stupid song about whipping her hair back and forth.

However this one deserves a special mention, for being really bloody horrible:

http://www.youtube.com/v/wc3f4xU_FfQ?fs=1&hl=en_US