The Adventures of Hodgkin-Chan

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RoonMian said:
I'm in a high risk group for colon cancer. Try and convince me that yearly "harbour tours" are something to look forward to. Please. PLEASE!!!!
Look forward to? Can't do it. However, I'm only up to 3 and I've gotten used to it.

Then again, maybe this is perspective, because it's actually not the worst thing a doctor's had to do to me.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to get used to it, but it's fairly common. At least, based on my perspective being surrounded by cancer survivors and high risk folk.

I've lost a lot of people to cancer. I'm well aware of what high-risk people go through.

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Look forward to? Can't do it. However, I'm only up to 3 and I've gotten used to it.

Then again, maybe this is perspective, because it's actually not the worst thing a doctor's had to do to me.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to get used to it, but it's fairly common. At least, based on my perspective being surrounded by cancer survivors and high risk folk.

I've lost a lot of people to cancer. I'm well aware of what high-risk people go through.
Bummer. But I doubted anyway that you could have made spelunking in my bunghole into a nice prospect. :(

And of course I'm kidding. It's all better than the alternative. My grandma - being a "rubble woman" after WW2 - waited way too long and endured the pain before she went to the doctor and ended up with an ostomy and later dead. And I actually think she sometimes considered the ostomy worse.

Listen kids: Always go to your cancer screenings.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I was under the impression that Microsoft had anime mascots for all of their software and products in Japan. I've seen their OS mascots a lot... isn't this just a "thing"? I mean corporations have mascots over there and they're anime girls or chibi dudes, right? Or cute animals?

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
Like many readers here, this is also the first time I have heard this news. Just did a search and found this description on Tom's Hardware:
Her name is Inori Aizawa and she has her own Facebook page. On it, she introduces herself as the personification of Internet Explorer. Inori says she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities.
lol, at least Microsoft is willing to admit that IE's usability has been the joke of the internet.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Grey stop making my week with these.

Holy hot damn this one left me gasping for air

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Dang, this was good, but not quite good enough; missed an opportunity there:
See, if his nose starts bleeding now, we won't know whether it's because he's so into her as per manga-prescription or it's because of thrombocytopenia caused by the cancer!
At least add some blood drops.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Storm Dragon said:
Dr.Awkward said:
Funny thing is, Firefox has had this for years thanks to its animal mascot... Guess they need a better and cuter response, which shouldn't be hard to come by.
Upgrade to a cute kitsune chick, perhaps?
Google Firefox girl. I'd post what I found but I think a kitsune humping the world would get me a warning.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Meh, noobs. This is like the premise of 7 different VNs in one series, it's amazing, both hot and tear-jerking. Tesuti-chan. They're all in Japanese but if you can't read that, then I wonder how you can even live with yourself.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
IE has a cute mascot?
I haven't checked for a loooong time, but I somehow doubt IE is usable, yet. Or did they rebuild it from scratch?

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
It's a pity that Microsoft's IE11 benchmarks turned out to be bullshit. I actually wanted IE11 to be a solid, competitive browser, if only to put a rest to the far too weary "lol IE sux" jokes.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen the Inori Aizawa video:
Incredibly silly, but in a good way.

Andy of Comix Inc said:
I was under the impression that Microsoft had anime mascots for all of their software and products in Japan. I've seen their OS mascots a lot... isn't this just a "thing"? I mean corporations have mascots over there and they're anime girls or chibi dudes, right? Or cute animals?
Most OS-tans are unofficial, although I'm pretty sure most Microsoft products have had official ones for a while now. The difference with Inori Aizawa is they're not confining her to their Asian marketing campaign.

This Wikipedia article doesn't do a terribly good job of distinguishing between official and unofficial thing-tans, but is otherwise a good overview of the phenomenon.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
So, where is this new mascot being shown? Ads? Tv shows? Some new version of Hyperdimension Neptunia? IE itself?

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
It looks like Dave is going to have to learn how to walk with a bad lymph for the rest of his life.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
This is so disturbing because of what I use Internet Explorer for. Basically, I've restricted access to all scriplets, active X and even Java. Nothing runs unless I let it and it's basically to restrict nigh every application that uses IE as a base for online components. I also use it to visit new websites to test which scripts and popups might be loading.

The analogy, then, would be that I have Aizawa chained up to a wall, bound feet and hands and I'm just making her read webcomics and taste potential food for poison.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
I fully admit that I downloaded the Inori version of IE wit no regrets, primarily because the animation they did for it is way better than it has any right to be. If updating an internet browser that I (still) almost never use gets us more animations like that or at least keeps those who made it with a job, then I'm all for it.

Pebkio said:
This is so disturbing because of what I use Internet Explorer for. Basically, I've restricted access to all scriplets, active X and even Java. Nothing runs unless I let it and it's basically to restrict nigh every application that uses IE as a base for online components. I also use it to visit new websites to test which scripts and popups might be loading.

The analogy, then, would be that I have Aizawa chained up to a wall, bound feet and hands and I'm just making her read webcomics and taste potential food for poison.
Am I a bad person for finding this analogy hilarious?