The Adventures of Hodgkin-Chan

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I know the midpoint you speak of, I reached it when both my parents were diagnosed with cancer, both within a few months of each other...

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I wasn't even aware this was a thing for IE until this strip. It's paying off, really? People are accepting it and not mocking them even more ruthlessly than before? Wow.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
People still use Internet Explorer. I learned something today.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I downloaded the Windows 8 version of Inori and it was literally the exact same browser but with some favourites in it. The skin didn't work for some reason.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
I actually liked it quite a lot, because I'm that much of a moetard, and I'm not even ashamed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I've been screened for just about every possible cancer thanks to a bunch of health problems. You get over it.

Daystar Clarion said:
[HEADING=1]BAKA![/HEADING]

Goddamn, tsundere cancer ward is best cancer ward.
Does your legend date back to the 12th century?

JimB said:
People still use Internet Explorer. I learned something today.
How else am I going to download Firefox or Chrome?

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Funny thing is, Firefox has had this for years thanks to its animal mascot... Guess they need a better and cuter response, which shouldn't be hard to come by.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
What is this...I don't even...

Well, it's funny nonetheless.

I still find the mascot angle as a bit cloying for IE. Although I won't lie, having a hot nurse is amazing in nearly any situation!

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Dr.Awkward said:
Funny thing is, Firefox has had this for years thanks to its animal mascot... Guess they need a better and cuter response, which shouldn't be hard to come by.
Upgrade to a cute kitsune chick, perhaps?

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Hodgkin's Lymphoma is actually one of the most treatable forms of Cancer. Very few die from it and the treatment is usually well tolerated. It's pretty much the "best" cancer you can get as a male in your late 20s, early 30s. Of course, all Cancers have the potential to kill, and Hodgkin's Lymphoma is nothing to laugh at, but yeah, generally speaking there are far scarier cancers out there.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Like many readers here, this is also the first time I have heard this news. Just did a search and found this description on Tom's Hardware:
Her name is Inori Aizawa and she has her own Facebook page. On it, she introduces herself as the personification of Internet Explorer. She also lists Hikaru (Microsoft's Silverlight mascot) as her cousin and says she's close friends with Nanami (Windows 7) and Yuu and Ai (Windows 8). Inori likes surfing the Internet, HMTL5, karaoke, cats (a must for any Internet browser), and mint-flavored ice cream. She has her own email address ([email protected]) and is 18 years old (her birthday is the same date the first version of IE debuted).

Inori says she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities.
I like the way they made her as young as possible whilst still being able to say she is not under age. Can't imagine the backlash that would have occurred if they'd said she was 14. But seriously, who is this aimed at? Her Facebook description sounds like something someone would write to appeal to young female teens whilst her design and age suggests an older audience. Either way, it's still not going to be enough to pull me from Firefox.

The last line is my favourite because it's undoubtedly a lie.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/internet-explorer-anime-girl,25018.html

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
I've been screened for just about every possible cancer thanks to a bunch of health problems. You get over it.
I'm in a high risk group for colon cancer. Try and convince me that yearly "harbour tours" are something to look forward to. Please. PLEASE!!!!

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
Storm Dragon said:
Dr.Awkward said:
Upgrade to a cute kitsune chick, perhaps?
Ahri's got you covered.