The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Review - Wall Staller

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Wait, haven't we already had a review of that movie? Hold on, that picture doesn't look right...

Oh, it's a video game.

What a hideously unermarkable conception. Thou art no son of mine. I dub thee average! Average, I say!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
As a game, there's nothing Amazing 2 does that the first Amazing Spider-Man game didn't already do, and any slight tweaks to the formula have not been for the better.
This is what I needed to know. The first game was decent, but flawed. If they could have fixed some of the issues (like the camera and repetition ones the article mentioned) and added some content, I would have been very happy to shell out. But this?

Eh.

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
I like the new stars at the end of the review. It seems like a small thing, but, i really disliked those ugly yellow ones.

OP - Seems like you're going to get out of it what you would expect to of a movie tie in. It sucks Sony decided to go against the Marvel Universe and make everything Oscorps fault. But that would be in a perfect world, and this isn't a perfect world.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
This game worth no more than 2 stars, everything besides the webswing is restrictive, the so call side quest mission have you doing the same shit everytime!

This is how the side missions go, you go near the side mission icon on the map and it will trigger a loading screen and a boring cutscene that they reuse everytime, no matter where you were or which direction you came from they will start you off at a predetermine location near the bad guys with no dynamic gameplay at all. Nothing like spiderman 2 for the ps2, after you beat up the bad guys you're forced to watch a short news broadcast which they reuse everytime and another loading screen.

The main missions? more fucking load screens.

This game made me feel very disrespected, how can the developer have the audacity to actually charge people money for this shit? Even paying people to play this shit is offensive. I almost go as far as finding out the people responsible for making this shit and permanently blacklist them on anything they make in the future, games or otherwise.

If I was hannibal I would chopped them into little pieces and eat them, it is developers like them that plagues the gaming industry. TASM2 movie broke movie bob, this game broke me as a gamer.

DO NOT buy this game, don't even pirated it, it IS that shitty.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Does this mean Shattered Dimensions was the peak? I really liked that game but I haven't played the one after it yet.

carnege4

Feb 11, 2011
The Ps1 games are still the best.
Speaking of that, funny that the final boss on Spiderman 2 was Electro.
Also, Mysterio.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
V4Viewtiful said:
Does this mean Shattered Dimensions was the peak? I really liked that game but I haven't played the one after it yet.
Spiderman 2 on the ps2 is the peak of spiderman games.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
V4Viewtiful said:
Yeah, you're pretty much right there. The follow-up game, Edge of Time, was more of a chore to play than anything else, and the two Amazing Spider-Man games are (just as Jim said) alright but get old fast. I'm currently playing the new game and I'm already wishing it would manage to come anywhere close to the quality of Shattered Dimensions.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Accurate review. This game was just okay. Beat it in a few sittings, returned it, and probably won't touch it again.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
So after watching the movie and hearing about the plot of the game I think it's safe to say that the Umbrella Corporation has a new rival when it comes to silly evilness, Oscorp.

Also I heard that this game was going to do away with the infamous "Moon Swinging".
Nope.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hmm, I get the feeling from Jim's review that this game gets especially tired if you've played all the other Spidey games to have been released. I haven't played any of the Spider-man games since Spider-man 2 on the PS2. Would I be more likely to enjoy this game from that standpoint? If anyone can give me an answer, I'd appreciate it. I know the other PS3 releases are regarded as being better, but locally all I can get my hands on are the two Amazing Spiderman games.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
theSovietConnection said:
Hmm, I get the feeling from Jim's review that this game gets especially tired if you've played all the other Spidey games to have been released. I haven't played any of the Spider-man games since Spider-man 2 on the PS2. Would I be more likely to enjoy this game from that standpoint? If anyone can give me an answer, I'd appreciate it. I know the other PS3 releases are regarded as being better, but locally all I can get my hands on are the two Amazing Spiderman games.
Get Prototype, Infamous or any other games instead, this game is NOTHING like spiderman 2.