The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer Shows Off Green Goblin's Moves

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer Shows Off Green Goblin's Moves

Harry Osborn and Peter Parker square off in the latest Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Sony Pictures can't last for seven days without releasing a new Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer. This week's edition highlights Peter Parker's mysterious relationship with Harry Osborn, but the other villains do manage to find a sliver of screen time.

According to Sony, this will be the final trailer before the film is released, but part of me knows that something new will show up next week. It might not be a full-fledged trailer--perhaps something closer to those Stan Lee voiceovers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132760-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Stan-Lee-Narrates-Three-New-Promo-Videos] that were released earlier this month--but Sony's marketing machine isn't about to let us forget about Spidey.

Like many Spider-Man fans, I'm definitely uneasy about the villain overcrowding that's happening in this movie. Though, the billing suggests that Electro will take up most of Spider-Man's time, with Green Goblin appearing toward the end to setup a sequel.

Poor Rhino.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will hit American theaters on May 1st, but it drops on April 18th overseas.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlM2CWNTQ84]

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I liked Electro, though though the Goblin looks stupid. As for Rhino, was sure about it being a robot, seemed boring, but when i saw him charging around on all fours it renewed my interest a bit. Also as Rhino is meant to be a main villian in S3, i wonder if he will be transformed into a proper Rhino/human - maybe will be put in that vat like Electro was.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Who knew that manhole covers could deflect missiles?! You learn something new everyday.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Well, rhino IS a b-villain.

A buddy villain, who holds the web while you rest.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
How many trailers have they released so far? It feels like we're in the double digits by now.
At this point, I feel like I've already seen most of the movie.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fappy said:
Who knew that manhole covers could deflect missiles?! You learn something new everyday.
That manhole cover was bitten by a magnetically charged spider.

OT: You know what I liked about the original Spider-Man movies? That Peter Parker was the geeky looking guy and Harry Osborn the pretty boy. Looks like we're back to the animated show.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Well the action looks to be a big step up from the last one at least. The predestined to be Spider-Man angle is still retarded though.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
So, if what you love about being Spider-Man is "everything," why do you still deliver your lines like you're bored out of your skull?

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
RJ Dalton said:
So, if what you love about being Spider-Man is "everything," why do you still deliver your lines like you're bored out of your skull?
Because acting these days is all about being able to smirk proficiently. See also: Jesse Eisenberg, Mathew McConaughey, etc. Even in Fake Hollywood, Vincent Chase gets all the roles because of his excellent smirking.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm impressed at how much CGI they can fit into a live action movie. Seems like any shot that has Spidey doing more than stand there nonchalantly has the usual movie magic plastered all over it.

Still, seems like it could be alright. Never saw the first though.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Fappy said:
That manhole cover was bitten by a magnetically charged spider.

OT: You know what I liked about the original Spider-Man movies? That Peter Parker was the geeky looking guy and Harry Osborn the pretty boy. Looks like we're back to the animated show.
Harry Osborn has exactly the same hairstyle as Emo Peter from spiderman 3:

Which is weird, sad and funny at the same time.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
That actually didn't look to bad. Good to see they are moving away from the "Dark and Gritty" batman look of the first one where all the action to place at night.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
That fight scene with Electro looks pretty awesome. Just throwin' that out there.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
i dont know why, this just all screams out "meh". I mean the first one was terrible and this one at least looks like they're trying, but im not one to get their hopes up

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
All I know is that I will watch this.
What do I think about it will come after I've seen it.
Doesn't look too bad, but doesn't look like "OMG IT'S A SPIDEY MOVIE!!!!" either

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
Looks like an improvement on the last one, which itself was a massive step up from the terrible trilogy that came before it. We might finally have a good film on our hands.