The Amnesia Collection Brings the Entire Horror Series to PS4 in One Box

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Amnesia Collection Brings the Entire Horror Series to PS4 in One Box

The Amnesia horror series has been successful on PC, and now it's coming to PS4.

If you're a PS4-owning horror fan, you'll soon be able to play one of the most talked about PC horror game series. Over on the PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/19/amnesia-collection-coming-to-ps4/] today, Frictional Games Creative Director Thomas Grip announced that all three games from the Amnesia series will be making their way to PlayStation 4 next month.

Titled Amnesia: Collection, the box will actually include more than just Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It will also pack in the sequel Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (developed by The Chinese Room), as well as the lesser-known Amnesia: Justine. That final title was developed as part of a promotion for Portal 2 that tossed Frictional Games devs in with a bunch of other indie developers, and inspired this shorter installment.

Amnesia: Collection will be available on PS4 as a downloadable title on November 22.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
One Box all capitalized and next to PS4 makes it seem like its coming to Xbox One as well. Just saying.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Saelune said:
One Box all capitalized and next to PS4 makes it seem like its coming to Xbox One as well. Just saying.
You made that mistake too? Glad it wasn't just me. :)

Anyway, this is the game that messes with the player by corrupting save files and turning down the volume and stuff, right? Or am I mixing this up with another series? Either way, I've often heard great things about Amnesia. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Saelune said:

Anyway, this is the game that messes with the player by corrupting save files and turning down the volume and stuff, right? Or am I mixing this up with another series? Either way, I've often heard great things about Amnesia. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.
I pointed it out cause I expect alot of "Me toos".

I never played Amnesia, but I think you're thinking of Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube which was famous for that stuff. I dont think Amnesia was self-aware, though I think it did have sanity stuff too that messes with you, but far less meta.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Saelune said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

I...I never even thought that would be a thing that happened.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
ffronw said:
Saelune said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

I...I never even thought that would be a thing that happened.
I dont fault you or anything. Its not even something Id expect an editor to notice. Its just a case of that mental word switch thing that lets you understand misspelled words and stuff.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Good for PS4 owners. But if you own the PC version already, I see no reason yet to buy it (unless they include creators' comments or something extra like that in the AMFP and Justine)

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
I can't wait. TDD was awesome and I wouldn't mind giving MFP another go.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
I'm always happy to see a fantastic developer get more exposure. The Dark Descent and Soma are more than enough proof they are masters of the pants-crapper. Can't wait to see what's next.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
Saelune said:

I believe you're thinking of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube. As far as I'm aware, the closest that Frictional Games' titles came to fourth wall breaking was in the third Penumbra game where some announcer starts directly to you (though that was a poorly done moment in a poorly done game).