The anti christ of gaming emerges to the world!!!

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Bobby "Beelzebub" Kotick, dark lord of the activisith.
At least Jackie-boy got disbarred.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Veldie said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Veldie said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I'd say Jack Thompson, only because he had this crusader attitude against gaming and used studies that were either flawed or biased. He tried to create laws to ban certain things in games because of his opinions on it, which I think are crazy-his opinions that is, and he has done more harm towards us gamers than Kotick. As much as it pains me to type this, Kotick answers to his shareholders and runs it like a business instead of a gaming company, i.e., looking out for the player. That's his only real evil, besides being a massive dick.
Did you ever read the letter Jack thompson sent to the one mother? I was appalled by it
No, I didn't, was it pretty bad?
Bad to the point i can even come up with the proper wording to describe it and if you want I can link you it
Sure, I'm a little curious to know what he said, not like it's going to change my opinion of him.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Barbara Striesand.

Seriously, though, I'm not all that aware of those who are against the gaming industry. Mainly because I don't give relevance to idiots, murderers, thieves and people who lie. (The people who are against gaming would be in the first and last category...or so I would hope) However, I have heard the name of Jack Thompson before in regards to this issue, so I'll say him.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
It's Notch. Minecraft is merely conditioning us for the day on which he enslaves us all and sends us to toil in the hellish hell mines of hell.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I'd have to say Jack Thompson even though just about everyone at this point knows he's a colossal moron but the problem with him is that he's one of the loudest and god forbid he finds any evidence to back up his claim cause if that happens we wont ever hear the end of it.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
your mom. the uninformed parent who has nothing better to do than to make other people's life safer.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
Jack Thompson is way too predictable and doesn't have the force of personality or credibility it would take for him to infiltrate the industry on that level. The only people who take him seriously don't have the power to become a threat either. And Kotick is just a businessman with no impulse control. Personally, I think I think it's going to be some indie mogul who makes something simple and yet so profound that everyone tries emulating it to the point where they actively destroy or ban whatever doesn't pay similar homage.

So...Notch, I guess.

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
It's all of us. Buying products made by focus groups instead of artists, making ourselves so exclusive that we lash out at outsiders even those that want to come in, it's giving people an excuse to hate us. I understand where the last part comes from, gaming has always been ours and ours alone and we don't want it to change, but it is changing in so many ways and some of them will be for the better. I believe that the next ten years in gaming will either see it emerge as the art form it deserves to be or crash and burn again, and there is a responsibility and a burden to us, the community, to help to steer it in the right direction because Bobby Kotick and Jack Thompson suck, they've made me nerd-rage as much as anyone, but ultimately the fate of gaming is determined by its community.

Well, that was my rant for the day.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Hmm, it's gotta be an alliance of evil between Bioware and Bethesda... With Valve doing the planning... Noone would expect that, and that's what they'll be counting on... You'll see YOU'LL ALL SEE! BUT ONLY WHEN IT'S TOO LATE!

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
Casual Shinji said:
I hate to break this to you, but the whole deal with the anti-Christ is that nobody knows he's the anti-Christ, untill it's too late.

So it's probably the person we least expect, like Nolan North.
in that case... GET GABE NEWELL! XD who would expect him to bring about the end of gaming?
ninja'd

Originally I was going to say Imperial Hott or whatever his name is but what Azaeaxzealot said made me think NEWELL!

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Jack Thompson is a childish fuckwit who resorts to playground insults and frivolous lawsuits when he's angry. How he passed the bar exam is completely beyond me, but I am of the impression that the term "Antichrist" implies a degree of intelligence which Thompson is simply incapable of attaining.

So yeah, Bobby Kotick. The living embodiment of the idea that no one hates gamers more than game publishers.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Douk said:
The inventor of paid DLC
I think nessisary to play the game DLC is the worst (I.E. Cerburus Network, I know it's not needed but it makes the game more interesting) in general EA is the Anti-Christ.

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I hate to break this to you, but the whole deal with the anti-Christ is that nobody knows he's the anti-Christ, untill it's too late.

So it's probably the person we least expect, like Nolan North.
With that in mind I vote for Peter Molyneux. He is definitely the most suspecious.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
TU4AR said:
Noone here is old enough to remember John Romero and Daikatana? Okay.

Also, the fanatiscism in this thread scares me.
I remember him. What's become of Romero anyway these days?
Well, the demons we've forgotten are the ones that kill us off in the end...

TheAbominableDan

Jun 2, 2009
You guys know Jack Thompson never accomplished anything and was then disbarred right? He's not still a danger, he's a parody. Everyone still brings him up due to events that happened in 2006, but if he's the anti-christ still gaming has it really easy.