The Ashlanders - Chapter 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit (Closed, Started)

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Whiskey smirked and blew a smoke ring at Viola, who coughed slightly. "I wasn't aware I had a problem in the first place. And I definitely never thought I'd need help with it. But honestly sugar tits, I don't give a shit what happens between you and the maidens... If you're gonna bag 'em and tag 'em, you wait until they're a ways away from there, and I'm not around to see it. Or else I really will have a problem." Viola wasn't normally known to be angry, but something about the Whiskey's tone and mannerisms really ticked her off. It was enough to make her get up from her seat, place her hands on the table and lean forward towards Whiskey.

"Don't you DARE call me sugar tits." Viola said with absolute bitterness and coldness in her voice, deep down she was angry.

"And don't even think for one second that you have the Maidens all figured out, you don't know what underhand tricks they might employ, or if the two that are handling the trade are the only ones that are actually going to be there. Unless you have eyes in the back on your head, your not going to be able to cover every angle in case of an ambush; with that in regard, another set of eyes, ears and guns will benefit you greatly." Viola said, still sounding angry as she sat back down.

"I forgot to mention, but there are other bounty hunters that have been hired for this job I'm on, and I doubt none of them are going to care about who they have to kill to collect the cash bounties on these Bandits; that means you as well Princess. I on the other hand would care. If you wish to live to see the next sunrise, to enjoy the benefits of a lucrative career; then it'll be in both our best interests to work together on this one."

"And let me be perfectly clear, I don't give a fuck about the money you'll be getting from this exchange, this ain't my job after-all, all I want is first dibs on the Maidens, nothing more and nothing less." Viola then leaned back in the chair, and crossed her arms, having cooled down a little bit, waiting patiently for her response.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Whiskey's smile widened as the bounty hunter vented at her. "Well, I ain't exactly alone. Nobles like to send along a few of their grunts to keep an eye on things. And no, I don't know everything about the Maidens. But I know what counts. That they know their business. To say they're the ones receiving the money in this deal, why exactly would they pull a fast one? To steal the guy again and ransom him again? That wouldn't work, and it'd destroy their credibility. They're not idiots."

Stubbing the cigarette out in an ashtray, Whiskey sipped at her coffee. "And anyway, you're not paying attention to what I said. Calm down, candy ass, and listen. Do what you do when I'm not around. You're welcome to watch the exchange, so long as you do it far away, and tail 'em for a while before ya jump on 'em. As long as you ain't seen with me, I don't give a shit. That way, everybody wins. Except the Maidens, I guess, but that goes without saying. The exchange is happening four days from now, about midday. Now, unless you just want the delightful pleasure of my company, you can see yourself out."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"...That way, everybody wins. Except the Maidens, I guess, but that goes without saying. The exchange is happening four days from now, about midday. Now, unless you just want the delightful pleasure of my company, you can see yourself out." Said Whiskey after she took a sip from her coffee and stubbed out her cigarette into a nearby ashtray. Realizing that she wasn't going to get any further, Viola stood up from her chair and began to walk towards the door.

"I think I've had enough of your company for one day Miss Fifer. Thank you for the information anyway, let's hope if we ever meet again, it is under better circumstances. And I hope these guards that the Nobles are sending your way are up to the task; just be on your guard in case something happens." Viola then straightened her hat and walked out the door.

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
"Maybe later, buddy, I think we're about to have a big group moment." Ruffles said to Aesop.

"Gotcha." He said, slinking away.

"I'm sure it will be good." Florian added, briefly turning away from the scene of the gathering crew.

Soon enough the captain made her appearance and set about the task of giving a rousing pubic speech, as people in her position usually have to do. She made a good show of it but the sight of her being cradled by Axel was still fresh in Florian's mind and the whole thing rang hollow. Still, it served its purpose and the canteen was filled with raucous cheers and laughter as Florian watched in obedient silence.

"We're gonna work with Gents over there on a new score. I won' lie to y'all, it's a BIG score, but I reckon we're gonna go a more subtle route. Anyway, see'n as how we're all on the same page now. Any questions?"

Florian coldly over to their self invited guest. How is his suit still in such good condition? Still it did help explain his continued presence. Hopefully this score would be big enough to be worth all the hassle he'd caused them. What Florian had to say would wait until after the meal though, it wouldn't do anyone any good for him to make a scene here. Crew morale was already feeling the tension. He took a seat and helped himself to a few bites of steak but his mind was everywhere at the moment and it was beyond Florian's ability to enjoy it. Typical.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Time passed, so much so that Sprout almost dozed off in Lilith's arms before Cranston entered the room, "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

Sprout sprung backwards, standing up straight against the far wall, sweat trickling down his forehead, "Oh, uh... no! No... We were just..."

He smiled, "Relax, kid. I brought dinner." Cranston handed him a plate with a nice hunk of steak and some mashed potatoes on the side. He took a seat and went to town almost immediately. He hadn't eaten anything all day and steak! His favorite meal!

Cranston turned to Lilith and produced a tall glass with whipped cream and cherry on top, "Figured you'd rather sip something through a straw tonight, so I used some of the stuff we hauled in yesterday to make you a chocolate shake." Cranston chuckled. "Haven't had one of these for quite some time myself, but they're a delicacy around here." He stuck a straw in it and handed it to Lilith.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Pixie had to force herself to finish her meal. After a crew member came by to take it back to the kitchen she got up from her seat to leave. The room boomed, shouting her name as she left. She replied with little more than a half-assed wave before leaving for her room. She knew more than a few of her crew, including the Gentleman, saw through her facade tonight but she really didn't care at this point.

Staggering into her room, she dropped to her knees and hurled half the meal she just ate into the toilet. She sat there, hugging the aluminum idle awhile as her stomach calmed down. It wasn't often heartache manifested into physical illness and it was never pleasant when it happened. What a waste. It was a decent steak.

After flushing the toilet she went over to the sink to wash herself off. Staring at herself in the mirror she shook her head.

What's done is done.

She sighed and turned around to examine her room. She would need booze. Plenty of booze. She'd thought long and hard about what she should do with Lilith and Sprout since this afternoon and it was clear now she'd need the aid of a few drinks to make said decision.

Lilith liked scotch right? Of course she did. Pixie grabbed her oldest bottle of scotch (a bottle about as old as she was) and two scotch glasses before heading out the door.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Aesop sat and cheered along with Pixie and her shouts as he dug into his steak, he had no idea what was going on but morale needed to be kept up. If Pixie was the one, 'Oh who am I kidding, she was the one,' that fucked Lillith up so much then... he still probably wouldn't say anything in front of people. He might say something later, but he had done worse. When Pixie had found him he was stealing water from a disabled boy, he was no saint. He was a coward. But this shit couldn't stand. Still, even if the Valkaries had seen her go apeshit the rest of the crew hadn't and they needed her as the leader to be unquestioning, at least in public. He might say something later... no, no he would. But it would only be a question. Aesop still had no idea why Pixie had brought him on in the first place. A selfish drunk ex cop who abandoned the town he was sworn to protect? Who the fuck would want that. And a beating to a crew member was nothing compared to that.

If it were any other Captain. This was not any other Captain. This was a woman that would kick your ass for being bad at your job but treat you and care for you as family, fucking family. That was what made the maidens. Pixie was not one to beat one of her family within an inch of their lives. Pixie was not the one to leave a loved one bloodied and let others take up the slack. Meredith was a bandit but god dammit she was a hero on these ashes, even if she still sees herself a bandit. A bandit would have ignored that poor disabled boy and taken the water. Aesop was a bandit. He was brought on the right path by a woman who was no selfish sick psychopath. Being here was the closest Aesop came to being a cop again. Beating Lillith, that is just not the Pixie he knew. The Pixie that saved him.

"Fenrir Squad's gonna be comprised of: Smiles, Aesop, Silo, Cameron, Barrot and Ruffles."

"The fuck is this? Team ethnic cleansing?" Aesop yelled. 'Thats right. More repression. Sweet sweet repression.'

He followed the rest of her speech while digging into his down right delicious steak. Jeez it was good. However he was troubled by the mention of keeping the nobles. Why keep them? Why not trade them off? This was weird, maybe he could get a good word from someone who hadn't spent the whole day being a hermit.

"We're gonna work with Gents over there on a new score. I won' lie to y'all, it's a BIG score, but I reckon we're gonna go a more subtle route. Anyway, see'n as how we're all on the same page now. Any questions?"

'Gents? Oh fuck you can't be serious?' He turned to see the bastard, a small smile creeping up on him. It was good that Aesop had almost finished his meal as now his appetite had nearly been taken from him. Why work with him? Was he that worth it? Balls to this, fucking psycho. Silently Aesop continued the rest of his meal.

Dec 14, 2009
Axel was a good hugger, and he knew how to give shoulder rubs. It was all starting to fall into place. She isn't as stable as I thought...

Time passed, and she enjoyed the moment far more than she thought she would. She was about to ask the kid if he had fallen asleep, when Cranston entered the room, scaring the crap out of Sprout.

"Oh, uh... no! No... We were just..."

Lilith giggled slightly as she watched Sprout squirm. Same old Sprout.

"Relax, kid. I brought dinner." Lilith's eye sparkled slightly as she watched Sprout quickly tuck into the meal. "Oh god, steak..." She whispered to herself, it seemed the beating didn't put a dent in her appetite. She turned back towards Cranston expectedly.

"Figured you'd rather sip something through a straw tonight, so I used some of the stuff we hauled in yesterday to make you a chocolate shake."

She looked at the milkshake for a few seconds, taking in all its magnificent chocolatey glory. "Cranston, I..."

"Haven't had one of these for quite some time myself, but they're a delicacy around here."

A curly straw too!? A GODDAMN CURLY STRAW! Lilith took the shake from Cranston, cradling it gently, a look of awe on her face. She hadn't had a milkshake in years, let alone with a goddamn awesome curly straw. She placed the straw gently between her lips and took a small drink.

"Oh god, this is like, this is-" She interrupted herself and lowered her mouth to the glass, breathing some of the cream into her mouth, and getting most of it on her nose.

Cream covered Lilith looked at Sprout, grinning widely.

"Gorram curly straw!" She held up a hand towards the man who bore this great gift. "Cranston! Cranston, high five!"

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Finishing off his steak with little appetite left Aesop stood up and yelled over to Warren "Hey why don't you tell everybody how I spent the day, I gotta go ask the captain why she's grouping all the brown people together." Aesop headed towards Meredith's cabin, bumping into her on her way out. She was carrying scotch and two glasses and he couldn't help but get a whiff of it. 'Fucking c'mon not now dickhead.'

"Captain I um, can I ask something? I'll be quick I know your busy."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Captain I um, can I ask something? I'll be quick I know your busy."

Pixie was light-years away when Aesop spoke. She stopped after a few steps, took a second to snap back to reality and turned to him, "What's on yer mind, Aesop?" She asked with a forced smile.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
"What's on yer mind, Aesop?" Pixie asked with a forced smile. He knew it was forced, he could read liars well. However Meredith was brilliant liar, if she wasn't able to hide it this time?... fuck.

"Um yeah. What happened to Lillith?" Maybe a bad way to phrase it, but Aesop really didn't know the situation that well.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Um yeah. What happened to Lillith?"

Pixie stared at him with a blank expression for far longer than was comfortable.

What happened to Lilith?

Pixie didn't even realize she was trembling until she heard the two scotch glasses tapping each other in her hand. She looked him in the eyes and simply said, "I did."

Not wishing to spend another moment dwelling on it, Pixie turned and left down the hallway before Aesop could respond.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Pixie stared at Aesop blankly, no expression. Damn near deadpan and hands trembling. 'Shit, I fucked up this time. Okay I can get out of this just apologise and walk bac-'

"I did"

Aesop was stunned. His body froze as Pixie made her way down the hallway. His mouth hung open in disbelief. This was so fucked up, so god damn fucked up. How the hell could this happen? This is wrong so wrong so god damn wrong! How could she? Was something up that he didn't know about. 'God dammit. If I hadn't gotten my ass stuck in that damn crate I could have seen this, helped or something. Jesus fucking mother fucking fucking fucking christ!' Aesop ran his hands through his hair and panted through his teeth before forcing himself to calm down, mouthing the words to himself he continued his trail of thought. "She was shaking. Obviously felt guilty. Full eye contact, even with just one. So she wanted to make a point. Went off in a hurry, clearly its a bad idea for me to follow her. Its almost like she wanted to shock me so I didn't follow her. Fuck, she's not in control. I don't think I've ever seen her like this." He sighed and stopped for a moment. "God. I'll leave her alone tonight, but I gotta talk to Lillith and see how she is." And Sprout too. If he can handle his momma then... damn little fucker has balls.

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Florian left the hall with little fuss, slipping out while everyone was busy digging in and talking among themselves. He hung back from full on trailing the captain totally, she was extremely close to the edge at the moment and pushing her now would be a rookie mistake, it would probably lead to another outburst. That said Florian was no saint and he didn't have enough patience to leave this for another day. He may have understood why she flipped but that didn't mean he could let it stand.

He found Pixie walking through the hallways, geared up for a night on the town.

"We talk, about the girl, now." It was clear to anyone who heard him that it wasn't up for debate.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
We talk, about the girl, now.

Pixie was about to weave around him, ignoring him completely until he uttered the word "now". She stopped dead in her tracks and shot him an icy glance. Some of the crew nearby started peeking their heads around the corner to see what was up prompting Pixie to scoff and grab Florian by the arm, leading him into a more private area of the hallway.

After taking a second to collect herself, she placed the scotch and its glasses on a pipe nearby. When she turned back to speak to Florian it was with a sarcastic tone, "Which one're you on about? The girl I sent to the ER'r the one rolln' in 'er grave 'cause I roughed up her sister?"

"Both and the one in the hold." Florian said bluntly, ignoring any scorn pointed his way. His voice drenched in grim disappointment. "That was beneath you."

Pixie bit her lip and her face flushed bright red. A dribble of blood pooled up on her bottom lip before she fired back, "Don' you think I know that!? Don' you know I'd give my worthless fuckn' life fer either of them?!" Seething with anger, she attempted to calm herself by placing a trembling hand on her forehead and aggressively ran her fingers through her bangs. "Look, I didn' ask fer your god damn input on this, okay, so back the fuck off!"

"You're afraid of your emotions because this girl is close to you... but she isn't. You let her hurt you because she does not know you, cannot begin to know you and this is a good thing. What do you think would happen if she learned who you are? What would become of her? She would be destroyed, outcast, maybe even hunted. We have already hurt her and we will hurt her more before the end, would you add this to her burden as well? The two of you cannot be friends, cannot be family. But you can do what family would do for her."

He wasn't speaking as a priest here. This was Florian the bandit talking, cold and distant as a Frostfall night. He didn't notice it but his accent was even beginning to come out more, it tended to when he got agitated. "She hurts you because she is close to your heart but in this you cannot afford to feel. Kill your heart or you kill the girl." For a moment he almost sounded like his old self.

Midway through Florian's monolgue Pixie actually took a step backward. The one good eye she had, the one the men of this world feared, was wide and filled with terror. She knew everything he said to be fact, and that's what hurt the most. What scared her the most. No, Elizabeth wasn't her real family, he was right. She was nothing but a reminder of Pixie's former life.

Still, family or no, she had to be protected and scaring her half to death wasn't going to help. Florian was right, so why couldn't she just back down? Why did she feel the need to bash his head in against the bulkhead just to 'hurt' him back?

Pixie took a deep breath and slouched against the wall. She needed to calm herself. She needed to regain control. She looked up to the ceiling and closed her eyes. After a moment of medatative breathing she looked to Florian, "I knew there was a reason I recruited ya'."

She picked up the booze and placed a hand on Florian's shoulder, "I'm gonna have a chat with ar' resident cripple here in a minute. S'what the booze's fer. I reckon you could make yerself useful and bring our guests dinner?"

Florian simply nodded. The captain seemed to have learned from her mistakes or at least reflected upon them enough to see them properly. He had his task and a possible way to start bringing their guests back into line. Perhaps Pixie would even be able to start healing the tear she had made between herself and Lilith.

"This happens again you come to me, talk, fight or drink. It does not spill over into the rest of the crew. This does not happen again." He stepped in just that little bit closer to Pixie, making sure that no passer by could hear him. "I will not allow it." And in that moment Florian truly was his old self. It was nothing obvious but to people like Pixie, people from the life, it was clear as day. Florian's control had slipped and his own demons caught a glimpse at Pixie's as they silently sized each other up.

He didn't give her a chance to respond and left to go about his task.

Pixie watched as he left down the hall. Despite feeling like a scared little girl, she shrugged to herself and laughed.

Not that she needed it, but now she had yet another reason to get plastered tonight.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
"What of Lord Basilio, Milady? Do you really think him capable of what they claim? Be honest, please. I have only met him a number of times and I never got the impression that he had a vile bone in his body."

"Nor have I. When we met, he was respectful. Verily a gentleman," Josephine replied. "Ne'r have we seen nor heard anything questionable about him or the rest of the Basilio family." Her eyes went to the golden pin hanging above her breast.

"Our family suffered a loss years ago. My brother..." She took a deep breath before continuing. "He was thrown off his horse. Lord Basilio personally attended his funeral. We were verily grateful for all of the support he wrought. Lord Basilio a foe? Hardly!"

Josephine ran her fingers through her hair, her brow furrowing. "But wherefore would he withhold information from the captain if they have formed an alliance?"

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Cranston! Cranston, high five!"

Cranston allowed himself a brief chuckle and gave Lilith a firm high-five, "You better treasure it now. Once you're in Feroxi it's going to be straight to business."

Sprout, already having devoured the majority of his steak, looked up at the two of them. Mashed potatoes oozed out of his mouth as he spoke, "Feroxi? What're you on about?"

"The two of you are to take Bartholomew to Feroxi for the ransom. Some of the others are being sent to Boomhower. And come on, Sprout! Don't talk with your mouth full!"

Sprout swallowed the mess before speaking this time, "Sorry! Wait, so me n' Lily'r gonna do this on er' own?"

At that moment the door flew open and Pixie entered with her hands full, "We really need butt-access door nobs 'round here." Cranston took one look at the scotch and raised and eyebrow. Pixie nodded towards the door and looked at Sprout. "I'll brief y'all on the Feroxi business tomorra'. Fer now I'm gonna have ta' ask y'all to clear out."

Cranston nodded and left without a fuss. Sprout took a quick look at Lilith, "Come on, kid." Cranston goaded, causing Sprout to dash out of the room with the remainder of his meal in-hand.

After the door shut the room was left with silence for awhile. Lilith continued sipping on her straw as Pixie walked over to the counter and poured the scotch into both glasses. Her hands planted firmly on the counter, Pixie took a minute to collect herself before she spoke up, "Okay, this is how it's gonna work: I'm gonna siddown an' listen ta' what you gotta say. Don' hold anythin' back er' ferever hold yer peace an' all that. When yer done I'll speak."

With that she turned around and placed Lilith's drink on her nightstand and took a seat by her bedside.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Kayneth

The duelist was fine following Bennie to his 'friends' place, since he knew that at least Bennie was within kill range at all times. When he wasn't, one could perhaps notice that a certain revolver was trained on his lower back, stealthily of course. He stopped when Bennie pulled him aside, with a slight warning.

"Look, he probably has a look out somewhere around here. If I don't come too close to where he's hold up we should be okay, but this place ain't no playground. I'll stay close in case you need back up."

'Every place is a playground if you're crazy enough.' Kayneth thought idly, gripping his sword. Seems there was some work to be done before an interrogation, which was always a bit annoying. It was better to take out aggression on the true target, too bad he seemed to think he was a cleverdick.

"Anything goes wrong in there and you let me know, okay? I know this place pretty well as you can imagine in my line of work, so figuring out where your at won't be an issue. Ready?"

"So, trust you to back me up? Fuck it, I'm two drinks and a few blocks of walking into this already." Kayneth replied, walking towards the place. Officially letting Bennie out of quick kill range. He expected a round to the back of the head that never came as he entered the den of Sin.

He expected it to be shabby, of course. It was a place where the destitute payed for extraordinarily short lived happiness. Seems a few were inside today, and temptation to cut off a head seemed nigh irresistible. Unfortunately he needed the info from one such individual. He did a quick scan, taking in every desperate face and crack in the dingy walls, before noticing someone not strung out. And looking at someone, keeping his eye on him. Bennie said he had a bodyguard...

Kayneth drew his sword, following the motion into the mans neck. It sunk in to his adams apple, the gurgling was a bit unsettling but otherwise it was quiet as a mouse's fart. The Duelist quickly grabbed the man by the collar with his other hand, pulling him back onto the floor as he swung his sword near his heart.

"Answers or your Maiden head, choose wisely."

Dec 14, 2009
"You better treasure it now. Once you're in Feroxi it's going to be straight to business."

Feroxi huh? She wondered what Pixie had in store for her.

Lilith grimaced slightly, as Sprout nearly spattered the walls with the contents of his mouth.

"The two of you are to take Bartholomew to Feroxi for the ransom. Some of the others are being sent to Boomhower. And come on, Sprout! Don't talk with your mouth full!"

So that's what she meant. And she's still sending him with me? She furrowed her brow thoughtfully.

"Sorry! Wait, so me n' Lily'r gonna do this on er' own?"

Lilith was about to respond, until a familiar face entered the room. Her appetite quickly disappeared, but she continued to drink her shake. She focused her eyes on her feet.

"I'll brief y'all on the Feroxi business tomorra'. Fer now I'm gonna have ta' ask y'all to clear out."

The room went silent as the door closed, time seemed to slow down. Lilith could feel Pixie's eyes on her, but she refused to look up. Still focusing on her feet, she heard the pouring of drinks, Oh Christ, we're having a 'talk' aren't we. Just waiting for her to sit down felt like an eternity.

"Okay, this is how it's gonna work: I'm gonna siddown an' listen what you gotta say. Don' hold anythin' back er' ferever hold yer peace an' all that. When yer done I'll speak."

As Pixie finished speaking, Lilith's straw ran dry, a loud slurping noise echoed throughout the room as the straw hit nothing but empty glass.

Shit. Now she had to talk. For a few moments she did nothing, her lips still on the straw. Without looking up, she asked the first thing that came to her mind.

"Who's the girl?"

Pixie was a violent person, but she didn't get angry for no reason. One of the noble tarts had said something to her to rile her up. which in itself was no simple feat.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Shakes had been rocking his head back and forth to the beats of his favorite metal when he felt a warm liquid splash across his face. It was blood.

"Answers or your Maiden head, choose wisely."

Shakes removed his headphones and furrowed his brow, "Do I look like a fuckn' Maiden to you?" In a situation like this a decapitated corpse would usually clear out a room rather quickly. Due to their state of mind however, most didn't even notice anything had happened.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

"... He was thrown off his horse. Lord Basilio personally attended his funeral...."

Elizabeth reflexively put a hand on Josephine's back as if trying to heal an ancient wound.

"But wherefore would he withhold information from the captain if they have formed an alliance?"

Elizabeth shook her head, "I don't know, Milady, and that's what is bothering me the most. I fear the Captain, especially after what happened earlier, but there is something... far more sinister about that man." She sat in thought for a moment, trying to put a finger on what it was about the Gentleman that put her off.

Sadly, it was no use. The recent memory of Pixie's assault still fresh in her mind, it was hard for her to think of anything else.

"IF YOU DON' LISTEN YER GONNA END UP CARVED UP LIKE A FUCKN' PIG, BLEEDN' IN THE SHIT-FILLED GUTTER LIKE YER SISTER!!!"

Elizabeth winced as she relived the encounter. There was a reason that line stuck out in her head more prominently than any other, however. What did she know about her sister, anyway? Elizabeth scratched her head, "Why do you think she mentioned my sister like that?"

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Who's the girl?"

Pixie wanted to smirk and say, "yer smarter than you look" but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Where she'd been light on the details with Florian, she was prepared to relive her tale for Lilith. She deserved as much at this point no matter how painful it would be to recall. However, she wasn't about to tell her story unless Lilith would agree to one thing first.

"That's a fair question, but if I'm ta' tell you this you have ta' promise me one thing: once I'm done relivin' the worst nightmare I've ever had I'm gonna ask somethin' difficult of you and you will do it. Understand?"

Dec 14, 2009
"That's a fair question, but if I'm ta' tell you this you have ta' promise me one thing: once I'm done relivin' the worst nightmare I've ever had I'm gonna ask somethin' difficult of you and you will do it. Understand?"

A few moments passed, before Lilith finally raised her head. There was no warmth in her pale blue eyes as she met Pixie's gaze.

"I let you beat me half to death to stop you from making one hell of a dumb fuckin' move."

She placed the empty milkshake glass on the table and grabbed the glass of scotch. She raised the drink to her mouth and downed the whole thing, grimacing slightly as it burned her throat.

"What do you bloody think?"