The Avengers: Infinity War (Red Carpet Premiere)

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Marvel is hosting an Avengers: Infinity War red carpet world premiere on their website. It begins about 11 hours from now at 8:30 PM, Eastern Time / 5:30 PM Pacific Time. Feel free to tune in here via the link below:
http://marvel.com/avengers_infinity_war_live_red_carpet_premiere

You can also watch the live stream on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbRijjvIeyk

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Watching a screening tomorrow. For some reason there's no embargo on it so I'll probably be waxing indifferent sometime soon.

EDIT: And no, they're not killing off anybody. Don't be silly. Whatever "bold" move they make will be retconned by the second part.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Great. Another one of those movies. I sure wonder if the Avengers will have the strength, bravery and wit to foil Thanos' evil plan.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Great. Another one of those movies. I sure wonder if the Avengers will have the strength, bravery and wit to foil Thanos' evil plan.
To be fair from what I've heard, no they really really don't.

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Silentpony said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
They'll be fine. I feel like MCU's take on Infinity War will be lighter,
with fewer casualties or none at all. With Tony and Steve making up and having Shawarma once again to resonate with the first Avengers' ending.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Kendritch said:
Silentpony said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
with fewer casualties or none at all. With Tony and Steve making up and having Shawarma once again to resonate with the first Avengers' ending.
you're sorta right in the long run. Infinity war will be brutal for the avengers, but Avengers 4 is about the survivors going back in time to save everyone

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Silentpony said:
Kendritch said:
Silentpony said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
you're sorta right in the long run. Infinity war will be brutal for the avengers, but Avengers 4 is about the survivors going back in time to save everyone
Yeah, I'm really hoping they would go that route. But I'm just cynical about Marvel's tendency to make such bold decisions. It would be a really awesome movie that plays on our emotions if that really happens, which is why I really want Infinity War
to have casualties and then have them resurrected in the same movie or Avengers 4, much like in the comics.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
For some weird reason I was hoping that was going to be free. The interwebs has has indeed taken its toll.

Samtemdo8 said:
So what the hell is Spiderman gonna be doing in this whole thing?
It's not the winning, it's the taking part. And if it's not the taking part, it's the sense of futile despair

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Xsjadoblayde said:
For some weird reason I was hoping that was going to be free. The interwebs has has indeed taken its toll.

Samtemdo8 said:
It's not the winning, it's the taking part. And if it's not the taking part, it's the sense of futile despair
Or, from the look of the trailer, just the dying in Tony's arms. lol Maybe he'll pull a Coulson like in the first Avengers.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Kendritch said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Or, from the look of the trailer, just the dying in Tony's arms. lol Maybe he'll pull a Coulson like in the first Avengers.
Actor is scheduled for Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel so I doubt it. Unless you mean a fake-out death like Coulson's.

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Johnny Novgorod said:
Kendritch said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Samtemdo8 said:
Actor is scheduled for Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel so I doubt it. Unless you mean a fake-out death like Coulson's.
Yeah, that's what I meant. See my previous post in this thread with the spoiler regarding the fake-out.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So a few people die or appear to die in the movie, but they're so obviously coming back in the next one that it's hard to care.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
So a few people die or appear to die in the movie, but they're so obviously coming back in the next one that it's hard to care.
Marvel over-played their hand with this one. Its like an episode of DBZ, or better yet the Best of Both Worlds TNG story-line, where everyone is like 'OMG did they just kill off Captain Picard?!' and I'm sitting there like 'No, obviously, he's under contract for three more years!'

Characters who 'die' in this one are already slated to appear in other movies outside of Avengers 4, so what was the point?! Marvel undercut all their dramatic story telling. Some, some might stay dead(like 1 or 2 at best) but even then I doubt it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah, even if you didn't know this was the first of a two-parter, "Untitled 2019 Spider-Man Homecoming Sequel" and "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2020)" sort of shrug off the 'shock' of the ending. I couldn't even begin to guess who doesn't come back, the way everything's set up there's an escape clause for everybody.

The big deal is that Thanos snaps his fingers and just like that a whole bunch of people just fade out of existence. That's Bucky, Falcon, Wanda, Panther, most of the Guardians (except Rocket), Spidey, Strange, Fury and Hill. It's a safe bet this is reversed by the next movie. As for the bunch of people who die or appear to die before: with the exception of Heimdall, because who gives a shit, the others can easily return. Loki can pull another fakeout. Gamora can come back out of wherever Young Gamora is. Vision is just a robot - rebuild him. This without even taking into account the possibility of rewinding time, which Thanos does (briefly) near the end.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yeah, even if you didn't know this was the first of a two-parter, "Untitled 2019 Spider-Man Homecoming Sequel" and "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2020)" sort of shrug off the 'shock' of the ending. I couldn't even begin to guess who doesn't come back, the way everything's set up there's an escape clause for everybody.

The big deal is that Thanos snaps his fingers and just like that a whole bunch of people just fade out of existence. That's Bucky, Falcon, Wanda, Panther, most of the Guardians (except Rocket), Spidey, Strange, Fury and Hill. It's a safe bet this is reversed by the next movie. As for the bunch of people who die or appear to die before: with the exception of Heimdall, because who gives a shit, the others can easily return. Loki can pull another fakeout. Gamora can come back out of wherever Young Gamora is. Vision is just a robot - rebuild him. This without even taking into account the possibility of rewinding time, which Thanos does (briefly) near the end.
Here what I felt about Thanos
He's actually a Reaper

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

He's actually a Reaper
Whether that's a joke or a reference I don't get it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Johnny Novgorod said:
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

He's actually a Reaper
He's a Mass Effect Reaper. They kill indiscriminately to perverse the rest of the population of the galaxy. Well, not quite as indiscriminately. They kill the top tier races so the primitive ones can flourish. They thought they were giving mercy and protecting by killing

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

He's actually a Reaper
He's a Mass Effect Reaper. They kill indiscriminately to perverse the rest of the population of the galaxy. Well, not quite as indiscriminately. They kill the top tier races so the primitive ones can flourish. They thought they were giving mercy and protecting by killing
Ah gotcha. Yeah Thanos supposedly is indiscriminate about who he kills. And while the movie carefully tries to create that sense of randomly assigned doom I couldn't help but notice that
none of the main Avengers got killed
and those who did can easily be retconned by Part II.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Johnny Novgorod said:
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
trunkage said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

He's actually a Reaper
Ah gotcha. Yeah Thanos supposedly is indiscriminate about who he kills. And while the movie carefully tries to create that sense of randomly assigned doom I couldn't help but notice that
none of the main Avengers got killed
and those who did can easily be retconned by Part II.
Kinda makes the stakes... not so high. They cant have that many die without fixing it. At least IMO. I hope part 2 doesn't retcon everything. Also, If Thor was zapping the gauntlet, perhaps they aren't dead and were sent somewhere else? So they can team build for Avengers 2.0

Edited