The Baby Has A Name: Xbox One

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
The Baby Has A Name: Xbox One

All in one, they say: what if a single box could provide all your entertainment?

"Xbox On," you'll say, and the little fella off to the right will do it for you. No more manual login, no more fiddling around. This is the device Microsoft will be calling Xbox One, as revealed today by the folks over at Redmond.

Voice commands are going to be what gets you from electronic A to B. Control is managed pretty much seamlessly - at least in the demo - taking you from "Xbox: watch ESPN" to "Xbox: Skype" in a second. Simple, instant, and complete are Microsoft's new watchwords. But for moment, just feast your eyes on the kit in the picture; this is only the first reveal today.

More to come!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Is their at least the secondary option to manually navigate using buttons and sticks? Even if the voice recognition is accurate, I find talking to inanimate objects weird.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
That name is terrible. Beyond, terrible, in fact, infinitely terrible. I also hope that the voice commands aren't always on, it'd suck to be talking about your xbox with friends in your living room and accidentally power it on or launch some app by mistake.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
What is up with console makers coming up with horrible brand names all the time?

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Well at least they are not making teasers for the looks of their black box and show the thing.

Jmp_man

Apr 24, 2011
Bwahahahaha! Is THAT seriously the best they could come up with? Xbox ONE??? Seriously if I told anyone, ANYONE what the name of the next Xbox was I would get kicked in the face for lying.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Interesting that the controller for the Xbox One and PS4 are not planning on being too different from previous consoles.

The console itself doesn't look particularly amazing IMO. The console itself looks horrible IMO.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
And I thought "WiiU" was a bad name.

I wonder how many people are going to get confused by this and think it's a re-release of the original Xbox.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
JokerboyJordan said:
Took you long enough.

Anyone got a high res of the new controller?
Got this from Kotaku.

Woops, seems like someone already got it for ya. Well, here's another just in case you want to look at it again.

I don't think I'll be getting this thing, thanks very much.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Tank207 said:
And I thought "WiiU" was a bad name.

I wonder how many people are going to get confused by this and think it's a re-release of the original Xbox.
Even though it's hardly a great name, I sincerely doubt they will, the original Xbox wasn't for casuals like the Wii.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
So...

Any word on whether or not it'll play games? I mean Skype's cool and all but...

You know...

Shouldn't there be some game-related information for a reveal of a games-console?

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Not sure about the name, preferred the idea of infinite. Still more details required before I can pass judgement.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
This Xbox looks like it's about twenty years older than its predecessor. Seriously, I can imagine this would have looked cool back when I was born, but now it just looks like a VCR with an old, unwieldly controller.

Also, Xbox 720 was a better name.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
So they've taken what I least liked about recent Xbox (the voice command) and chosen to focus on that.

I'm guessing they're going ahead with Kinect then.