The Baby Has A Name: Xbox One

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Yeah... I remember a time when game consoles were used to play games, not do everything that PCs can do, but not as well. Since when did navigating menus become so cumbersome? I don't want to talk to my console like a mad man, and I don't want to accidentally turn it on.

I also don't care about the TV or social media components, I have a cable box and a laptop for that. Also, even though this is shallow. I hate the look of it. Everything about this leads me to the conclusion that it'd be a better investment to buy a gaming rig. I certainly won't be buying this console, assuming everything that has been stated in terms of the console being anti-used games is true. It's like Microsoft wants to fail when the major game announcements were EA sports games that we already knew were coming out. Gee, I wonder if the next COD will be on the Xbox One (awful name), as well as the next 10. I honestly thought the name Xbox Infinity was pretty awesome, although naming it that would kind of put Microsoft in a corner, but it's a hell of a lot better than Xbox One (which is what I've been calling the original Xbox since the 360 came out).

Comocat

May 24, 2012
Midniqht said:
Jmp_man said:
Bwahahahaha! Is THAT seriously the best they could come up with? Xbox ONE??? Seriously if I told anyone, ANYONE what the name of the next Xbox was I would get kicked in the face for lying.
I don't see what's so bad about it. Better than calling it 720 or whatever else the rumors were. The "One" bit actually makes sense in a way - they seem to be alluding to the fact that its one ecosystem. One console for all entertainment. One ring to rule them.. oh...

EDIT: Also, to people freaking out about installing the game and lending it out to people. They haven't yet said that you HAVE to install to play and that you couldn't just play from disc. Wait for more details first.
I like the name too. The technology seemed really slick- I love the idea of not having remotes and telling my Xbox what to do- but I certainly wont be an early adopter. I buy consoles to play games not organize my entire life.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
while Sony nailed their reveal, MS was disappointing so much fluff and uninteresting stuff i barely made through an hour it took without turning it off.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I went into this really skeptical--I looked up a lot of different things on it--and it actually seems pretty good.
I appears like you'll be able to have picture-in-picture game and TV.
The Kinect is doing some amazing things--we'll have to see how it gets used though.
MS confirmed that it wouldn't be always on.
It looks OK.
The specs are good for a console.
It's supposedly going to automatically install games on the HD, which is nice.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Eh?

I don't get it, Xbox One?

I admit its better than 720 but is that all they had? Sometimes the teams on The Apprentice are a worrying portrayal of real business people.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
So our lineup for the next 5ish years is (if I'm hearing this correctly) PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU... Are all the naming departments on strike at these giant electronics corporations or something?

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
No, Microcock, no. And also no Sony. All I would want from a console is to PLAY. GAMES. When the hell are we going to get a console that just plays games. All I want, is a simple uncomplicated box that does what it's meant to do, and do it well. None of this "social media" crap, no advertisements, just simple plug and play. At this rate I may as well dig out my Megadrive and play that for the entire next generation of consoles.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Any word on the whole "always online thing?" (sorry I don't want to read through 4 pages of comments).

Edit: Wierd name, at least we know what the next next Xbox will be called.

Big_Boss_Mantis

May 28, 2012
Colt47 said:
Oh sweet mercy, I just realized how similar this thing looks to the Phillips CDi. We are all doomed! It's come back to seek vengeance for all the videos out there making fun of its games!
Made me (literally) LOL!

The similarity is astounishing!

You've got my vote as the winner of the post!

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7988d628e06c51de827b57020c61c18b/tumblr_mn5utiGvZg1rj9mdto1_500.jpg

That is all.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
"What if a single box could provide all your entertainment?" I have one already, is called PC :p I want a console to play games darn it, not hundreds of apps I never going to use

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
And suddenly, the WiiU seems all the more attractive mainly because it's been advertised as a gaming console. :/

Seriously, I'm still unsure which one of the big three I hate the most right about now. PS4 had to be called PS4 because tradition and they skipped on the console but at least the reveal was kinda interesting. WiiU is... well, I love Nintendo but so far it's been all but cock ups so until Ninty fixes its fucked up account system and gives me some decent games and maybe starts sucking Valve's dick for some steam support while I'm dreaming, I'm not getting a WiiU (though I guess the exclusives will get me in another year or two just like it did for the Wii :/ ) and Microsoft... holy shit, that was the most boring reveal since... I dunno, it's the most boring thing I've ever seen and all the features I've heard of so far makes me want to rip my hair out.

Fuck you. Fuck all of you, I'm off to play some more Luigi's Mansion. Call me when you guys stopped sucking >:C

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
[HEADING=1]only sports fans will buy xboxone[/HEADING]

Or did I miss something? EA Sports & FPS took up most of the gaming segment. And neither of these games are Microsoft Exclusives. Sony also did the same thing for Ubisoft (Watchdogs), but that was with a game that everyone has been talking about for months.

Having purchased Pure Sony products for all of my gaming life, I did enter the conference with an open mind, ready to embrace a new experience. Alas, the magic of Television/Internet integration wore off mere minutes after the show ended. I just don't watch enough television to care about these things. And there are too many other ways to enjoy a show.

[HEADING=2]Fee for Used Games[/HEADING]
Looks like it's been confirmed by some big Microsoft boss that this is indeed true. Microsoft looks like it will be nickle/diming it's consumer base; and this in a time when SONY seems to be going the exact opposite route.

[HEADING=2]Winner - Sony[/HEADING]​

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Adon Cabre said:
[HEADING=1]only sports fans will buy xboxone[/HEADING]

Or did I miss something? EA Sports & FPS took up most of the gaming segment. And neither of these games are Microsoft Exclusives. Sony also did the same thing for Ubisoft (Watchdogs), but that was with a game that everyone has been talking about for months.

Having purchased Pure Sony products for all of my gaming life, I did enter the conference with an open mind, ready to embrace a new experience. Alas, the magic of Television/Internet integration wore off mere minutes after the show ended. I just don't watch enough television to care about these things. And there are too many other ways to enjoy a show.

[HEADING=2]Fee for Used Games[/HEADING]
Looks like it's been confirmed by some big Microsoft boss that this is indeed true. Microsoft looks like it will be nickle/diming it's consumer base; and this in a time when SONY seems to be going the exact opposite route.

[HEADING=2]Winner - Sony[/HEADING]​
The market reaction seems to confirm that so far:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sony+stock&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=

It was kind of funny when 2 hours later it was up 8%. It's now still climbing.

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
Hmm it looks a lot like a Wii/PS2 hybrid and even more like what two black PSXs glued together would look like...

I'm not particularly intrigued yet, although its beginning to like both Microsoft and Sony may have made pretty much the same consoles.

If it comes down to exclusives I think Sony will probably win as they had the only games that I felt like I missed out on this generation...

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wouldn't "XBox One" be the name for your first console, not your third.

It's official, Microsoft is worse at counting than Valve.