The Banner Saga 2 Coming Next Year

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
The Banner Saga 2 Coming Next Year

A follow-up to the tactical RPG The Banner Saga was teased at tonight's Game Awards.

Good news, The Banner Saga [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20banner%20saga?from_search=1&&os=the+banner+saga] fans: a sequel is coming next year. Just announced at tonight's Game Awards with an extremely brief teaser, all we know so far is that The Banner Saga 2 exists.

Developed by Stoic, The Banner Saga was released via digital distribution platforms Steam and GOG earlier this year for Mac and PC, also making its way to iOS and Android. If you haven't gotten around to playing the tactical RPG yet, you'll have another chance to catch up before the sequel hits: The Banner Saga is coming to PS4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138519-The-Banner-Saga-Confirmed-for-PS4] in early 2015.

Stay tuned for more news and super-short teasers from The Game Awards all night long.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I thought the game was originally supposed to release in chapters, with additional content coming to the main game. I guess that was all in my imagination and now they are just going right for a sequel?

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
Clive Howlitzer said:
I thought the game was originally supposed to release in chapters, with additional content coming to the main game. I guess that was all in my imagination and now they are just going right for a sequel?
It's a serialization more then a sequel really, and the choices you made in the first game carry over ( If you don't have a save from the first game then they give you a "default" story.) but it is being released as a separate game.

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
There better be a sequel. When I finished the game the only thing I was thinking was how the REAL threat was never actually solved and how there was still a giant world-eating snake running around. The Banner Saga wasted a lot of my time with Juno and the stupid snake and I was pretty cheesed off that I never got to save the world. But, if The Banner Saga is going to be split into parts then that?s totally fine. As long as I eventually get to save the world, all will be well in my book. Especially because the gameplay was really enjoyable.

And now that I know the future, I?m going to play through The Banner Saga again and change my choices so my ending is more appeasing. Because damn... You have to be clairvoyant to make the best choices in that game. Either way, you can bet your butt I?m going to buy the sequel. It was a very enjoyable game.

Rag Doll

Aug 16, 2008
Why is it "just" called Banner Saga 2? There is so much imagination in the rest of the game, it's weird to see such a generic title.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Rag Doll said:
Why is it "just" called Banner Saga 2? There is so much imagination in the rest of the game, it's weird to see such a generic title.
Because it's the sequel to the first Banner Saga game, and it's still about the banner saga.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to give the first one another play-through. I'm really curious as to what will carry over into the next game, and if I go too long without playing it in between I know I'm gonna forget or miss stuff.