The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

[yahoo=26061671]​
The debut trailer for next year's Battleship film is out, and I'm lollin'.

You knew that some Hollywood genius somewhere had decided that Battleship would make a fantastic feature film, right? Yes, that Battleship [http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Bradley-14674-Battleship/dp/B001FVSZAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311795153&sr=8-1] - the board game where players take turns "shooting" at little plastic boats hidden on little plastic grids. In case you're wondering how that's going to look on the big screen, let me give you the low-down.

Rock Strongjaw is a renegade Navy man who pisses off Admiral Fallout by putting the schmooze on his daughter. Then he goes off to sea with his brother and rival, Broody McBlueeyes, where they meet giant robot aliens. Cue explosions, roll credits and insipid Rihanna song. The end, baby!

Yeah, I'm lollin'.

Battleship, no word of a lie, comes out in May next year. Don't miss it!

Folix

Mar 25, 2011
the SFX look pretty cool, and there is Liam Neeson. for him alone i must now see this film

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You'd think hyper-advanced aliens would have better things to do then to attack Earth...... for the gazillionth time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait wait wait! Since when did the boardgame had aliens in it other than those movie version like Star Trek or Star Wars etc???
Oh and the whole main character going awol is so cliche.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
You gotta admit it sounds a lot better than just making a movie about two random naval fleets fighting in the middle of the Ocean.

Plus, they still managed to keep the basic themes: Not being able to truly see know where the enemy is(lack of radar and targeting technology), the confinement of the game and evenly divided sections (the force field), and simply two groups trying to blow each other out of the water.

Yeah, it looks kinda cheesy but I'm willing to give it a shot.

A close, very narrow shot...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
And I was so hoping for someone to scream "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!!!"
You and me both, dude. You and me both.

I must see this movie if only to hear that one line.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I'm going to slap myself. When I'm finished, can someone really confirm me that I've just seen a Battleship trailer with good old Liam in it.

Note* Captcha just said "yes, sir"...

I hate this thing...

Edited Note: I want a mouse trap movie.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
sir.rutthed said:
And I was so hoping for someone to scream "THEY SUNK OUR BATTLESHIP!!!"
That's the twist ending, their battleship was actually an alien the whole time!

Casual Shinji said:
You'd think hyper-advanced aliens would have better things to do then to attack Earth...... for the gazillionth time.
Once you reach a certain point of technological advancement the only thing left is screwing with more primitive civilisations. RE: cattle mutilation, crop circles and such.

OT: Liam Neeson? Either he got paid insano cash or the movie might not be 100% fucktared.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Possibly might have been a better idea to have made this back when navies still used battleships.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
Is this reality? I think I must be hallucinating. I clicked a link that said it was for the Battleship movie, and then I think Michael Bay threw up on me.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
2 reactions out of me

*FACEPALM!!!!!!*
or
....well ill be damned, different title and id take it seriously. after all rock em sock em robots is now a movie.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I'm willing to give this the benefit of a doubt. I mean, Liam Neeson is in it, and it doesn't look like a complete failure. I'll probably wait until some reviews come out for it though.