The Battleship Movie Trailer Is Here!

Mar 28, 2011
Best. Film. EVER!

I am going to have *so* much fun watching this movie!

Even if it's terrible i'm going to love every second of it.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
I really didn't expected this.. I thought this gone be something like minesweeper the movie or Pac-man the movie. But seeing the teaser, I must say I'm positive surprised. Looks like a decent action movie so far...+ Liam Neeson.

What I don't get is why so many people react in such negative way, only because the premise is a little bit silly... don't you like to have fun? Not every single movie must be Citizen Cane. People are way to serious nowadays...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
If it has the line 'They sunk our Battleship!' I will love it even more. It's going to have Liam Neeson and for that alone, I must see it.

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
This is a joke right?...........Oh please, tell me this is a joke.................................................................................................................................fuck Hollywood.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Random Argument Man said:
I'm going to slap myself. When I'm finished, can someone really confirm me that I've just seen a Battleship trailer with good old Liam in it.

Note* Captcha just said "yes, sir"...

I hate this thing...

Edited Note: I want a mouse trap movie.
Oh the things I would do for a mousetrap movie...

But first, 'Monopoly - The Movie' where the protagonist is a cyber vigilante in a capitalist apocalypse, trying to destabilize the New World Government by buying the entirety of London on the stock market. Y'know, a bit like The Matrix but with real estate instead of Kung Fu. (starring Matt Damon and Hugo Weaving)

^Admit it, you want that movie made now.

My verdict on this trailer: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA Oh wait they're being serious?!?!

Edit: I know Liam Neeson is a brilliant actor guys, but that doesn't mean this movie will be worth seeing just for him alone. Was The Phantom Menace worth seeing just to see Liam Neeson as a Jedi? Hmm?

Sephren468

Jul 19, 2011
Hmmm... For some reason this reminds me of a episode of the Simpsons. Tic Tac Toe the movie....

OT: Doh! This looks really really bad....

Raso719

May 7, 2011
For all the jingoistic, ultra-patriotic, military worshiping that has come out of Hollywood lately as an alternative for actually story telling or depth and with all the emphasis on realism over fun or narrative you'd at least think they would remember that we don't use battleships anymore.

So rock'em sock'em robots gets Real Steal and Battleships gets Battleships. Great. Does this mean we're officially out of ideas or that Hollywood just no longer gives a damn?

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
I must have been playing the boardgame wrong, cuz I don't remember any of that ever happening...

Still better then Transformers...

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Folix said:
the SFX look pretty cool, and there is Liam Neeson. for him alone i must now see this film
Wait, what? The sound effects look pretty cool? Can you see soundwaves?

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Missing SHODAN said:
Is this reality? I think I must be hallucinating. I clicked a link that said it was for the Battleship movie, and then I think Michael Bay threw up on me.

OT: I am currently making a noise that is supposed to be laughter...but sounds like crying. Michael Bay had to be behind this. THIS! THE MOST RETARDED IDEA FOR A MOVIE SINCE MINESWEEPER! (and Minesweeper was a joke)

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
thiosk said:
I dont remember having an aircraft carrier in Battleship
Oh yeah, the aircraft carriers were 5 pegs long, so they actually were the worst piece, it being so likely that they'd be hit.

I know that to make a movie about Battleships they would have to mess with the canon of the game a good bit, but I wasn't expecting them to go completely mental, I didn't expect it to be a serious war movie or anything, but the evil team are aliens? If Indiana Jones couldn't pull off suspension of disbelief for it, I don't think this movie will be able to.
Nuke_em_05 said:
I'm wondering how the girlfriend/daughter dynamic ties in to the "alien" encounter.
I'm guessing it will just be fan-service (as in she spends all her screen time wandering about in a bikini looking sultry) and to force some stupid conflict between the two main characters (Neeson and Bulk Vanderhuge) and then near the end Neeson will sacrifice himself for Big Mclargehuge, in a final touching moment of "You were the son I always wanted, now go marry my daughter" Essentially like Armageddon, No, scratch that, exactly like armageddon.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
If they didn´t have the Black Keys in there, I´d demand the time wasted watching that trailer back. But man, is that a good song.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Aliens are invading! Again.. I dont understand what they see in this planet, perhaps they got bored.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
elbowlick said:
Also, I get the feeling that the aliens saw Solid Snake's photos from the Tanker Incident and decided to make a ship based on it. Maybe the crew will be populated by Japanese girls in bikinis.
Please?

*wishes real hard*

Rowski

Mar 15, 2010
I can't wait until they get around to Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Now THERE's a terrifying movie waiting to happen.