The best and worse smell.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
So been hot for several days. Oh! I see you have hiked up the price for bottled water? Go fuck yourself!!

Do you know that smell you get when it's boiling hot day and water it's the ground allowing an aroma to go up your nice. Fucking beautiful.

So as simple as that. Time to have fun. What are your favourite and worse smells.

As a child growing up in Montserrat, I would be blessed with the smell of freshly baked bread every morning when I woke up. It was a small island so that scent went far. Sadly it got overshadowed by rotten eggs. Fucking Soufriere Hills.

Express and share.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Best: Motherfucking Strawberries and Cream. Best delish.

Worst: Chlorine and Nitric Acid vapor. Unpleasant.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Rotten Meat being cooked apparently, cause that's what I smelled last night and I literally threw up. I think I am somewhat sensitive to smell (ironically based on certain things) cause I was first to notice it and most severely affected, same with cooked mushrooms which choke me out from their smell.

I'm not a big fan of peanut butter, but I for some reason love the smell of it.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
In before 'that' smell. You know the one. The 'female' one.

Best smell is probably well cooked beef (not cooked well, of course).

Worst is probably the smell of recently and violently, dead. I can't explain it,but you can just instinctually tell,and it triggers the fight or flight instinct. The serious kind of fight or flight,that fucks you up for hours after, or even days

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Best smell- Freashly baked food and cotton candy.

Worse smell- Durain and a past roommate shit (hard to explain. He or she left a foul smell in the toliet that instantly make me back off from the toliet due to how awful it smell!).

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Diarrhea caused by Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. The worst part is that it's HIGHLY contagious, and can sometimes tear through entire hospital wings. Up there are stage IV pressure ulcers, gi bleeds and pretty much any disease that results in heavy decomposition.

best...uh, I really like the smell of clean laundry. Especially when it's dried on a line in a place with really nice smelling air.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Best: Garlic cheese butter sauce cook in some kind of seafood dish

Worst: I used to work in a wastewater treatment facility. There was a literal river of shit. I seemed to have lost quite a bit of my sense of smell from that job as it requires a very powerful smell for me to detect it.

Now that i think on it, ive had quite a colorful employment history....

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Parasondox said:
AccursedTheory said:
What female smell? What exactly are you talking about exactly?
No.

His Divine Shadow said:
AccursedTheory said:
In before that 'that' smell. You know the one. The 'female' one.

Worst is probably the smell of recently and violently, dead. I can't explain it,but you can just instinctually tell,and it triggers the fight or flight instinct. The serious kind of fight or flight,that fucks you up for hours after, or even days

It's usually bowel contents, liver enzymes and bile enzymes starting to break down organs, and so on, mixed with blood. It's a pretty distinct smell, as you say, and one that comes back to you for a long time and at unexpected times.
I'll take your word for it.

I still remember the first time I smelled it, with crystal clarity, which is fairly rare for me. I was working on a computer in a morgue in Iraq, and all of a sudden my heart tripled its speed, every hair on me stood up, and my brain went into overdrive. All that happened before I even consciously 'smelled' anything. Then someone came in and asked me to help hold some doors open. They brought in a body bag that looked and sounded like it was filled with gelatin, and they told me the guy had been blown clear in half by an IED. Probably the worst experience of my entire life, and I got mortared more then once, so that's something.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Best: I don't have a specific one sadly...I love many kind of smells...
Worst:...but i can tell the worst smell I ever encounter: Medicine which smell like a rotten foot. If I ask I will remember its name, but for now just beware when you get older...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Start with worst, end with best, right?

Worst: Stale saliva. Errgggghh, worse than shit 'n piss 'n vinegar. Working in a hospital and a care home, it crops up a lot and never ceases to hurl my stomach into shutdown mode.

Best: Hmm, i pretty much agree with freshly baked bread, it smells so comforting. Can they make pillows out of the stuff? I also like freshly cut grass as it reminds me of happy summers. Also i love going into those novelty soap shops as the smells...awwmaagawwd the smells are like being sensually stroked all over the brain by the loveliest love that ever existed. Yeah, that makes enough sense for now.

AccursedTheory said:
Sugar and spice and everything nice, not like head lice or a hefty price for the vice of playing with fate's dice thst puts bodies on ice? *sorry!*

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
One of the better smells for me is fresh baked bread. The bakery is right around the corner, they start around 4am, so it's a nice wake-up call when the wind is in the right direction.

Worst smell, people who are getting a chemo treatment for cancer. It's one of the reasons I really try to avoid hospitals.
I'm fairly sensitive to smells and that just triggers all kinds of "wrong" buttons for me.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Best - I like foodie smells but my favorite is probably the smell of steaming shrimp once the old bay has been added on. I really freaking love that smell...

Worst - Candles that try to emulate tree or flower-like smells...specifically Pine since that isn't so much a smell as it is a sharp, needle-like assault on my nasal cavity.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Favorite: Diesel exhaust mixed with the smell of tacos de barbacoa from a Mexican street vendor.

Least Favorite: Cat feces. Makes me gag.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Favorite smells- Fresh baked homemade bread and cinnamon mixed with orange peels.

Least favorite smell- rotten/rotting meat and seafood, beer (smell makes me feel sick) and Mama June after hot yoga.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Best one has to be food of some sort, fresh out the oven.
Worst one is dead people. Can't think of anything worse at the moment than a corpse.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
His Divine Shadow said:
AccursedTheory said:
In before that 'that' smell. You know the one. The 'female' one.

It's usually bowel contents, liver enzymes and bile enzymes starting to break down organs, and so on, mixed with blood. It's a pretty distinct smell, as you say, and one that comes back to you for a long time and at unexpected times.
What kinda women are you guys dating?