The best bands nobody seems to have heard of?

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Recently I discovered a band that has quickly rocked it's way into my good graces. They go by the name of Hypnogaja and they are perhaps the sum total of everything right with the universe.

The only problem? Nobody has a clue what I'm talking. I've shared my excitement over this band with many of my friends and family members, and the resounding response has always been "Who?" Obviously, re-education is in order...

I know everyone must go through this at some point. SO, whose the musical artist that you love but nobody else seems to recognize? Post a link with their work if you don't mind(or embed the video, on that note, how exactly do you embed videos?) Here is my offering in that vein: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmgwKOtsfA

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't know many who have heard of either Tarot or Lights, but I suppose I'll be proven wrong.

Here's a sample of Lights:
<youtube=M9jtaWVkNn0>
And here is one of Tarot
<youtube=OEwfbKsO340>

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Jets Overhead

Passenger

Plants & Animals

Hey Rosetta!

Mother Mother

Owen Pallett

Maurice

Heard of any of those?

marter said:
I don't know many who have heard of either Tarot or Lights, but I suppose I'll be proven wrong.

<youtube=M9jtaWVkNn0>
And here is one of Tarot
<youtube=OEwfbKsO340>
I have totally heard of lights.

-m

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Jets Overhead

Heard of any of those?

-m
Just Jets Overhead. They opened up for Lights when I got to see her perform.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
who killed amanda palmer

shes also known from the dresden dolls and other bands whos names I dont know

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Well, I don't know anyone who has heard of They Might Be Giants, but that might just be me.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Fenreil said:
Well, I don't know anyone who has heard of They Might Be Giants, but that might just be me.
You just hang out with the wrong people. TMBG are pretty well known.

-m

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Jets Overhead

Passenger

Plants & Animals

Hey Rosetta!

Mother Mother

Owen Pallett

Maurice

Heard of any of those?

marter said:

<youtube=M9jtaWVkNn0>
And here is one of Tarot
<youtube=OEwfbKsO340>
I have totally heard of lights.

-m
Actually, I have heard of Passenger, Mother Mother, and Hey Rosetta!, but I'll admit I'm far from the average music consumer.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Arcade Fire. Everyone only knows them for that one song that played in all of the Where the Wild Things Are advertisements. All of their songs are really great.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
NightWish, Gob, Gamma Ray, HammerFall,Edguy, Modest Mouse (two years ago), and maybe Freezepop.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
nonpoint

only reason I heard about them is because their bassist uses hartke amps

(whoohoo go hartke!)

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm a MASSIVE fan of The Gaslight Anthem who quite a lot of people know of now, but a similar and punk...ier band are Blacklist Royals. Can't wait for their debut album

So yeah, Blacklist Royals

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Enigma6667 said:
Arcade Fire. Everyone only knows them for that one song that played in all of the Where the Wild Things Are advertisements. All of their songs are really great.
They got fucking huge in canada. certainly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a twenty-something up here that hadn't at least heard of them.

-m

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Skylane14 said:
Actually, I have heard of Passenger, Mother Mother, and Hey Rosetta!, but I'll admit I'm far from the average music consumer.
Passenger's "Night Vision Binoculars" is possibly the cutest song about the creepiest dude I've ever heard.

-m

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
Atomship is a band that very few people seem to have heard of even though they're pretty tight. Only band who I can listen to without ever skipping a song