The best bands nobody seems to have heard of?

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
JohanGasMask said:
Does anyone know a littel band called Quarashi?
Stick 'Em Up!

that's all I know from them...

My answer: Five Finger Death Punch. A good majority of my friends like hard rock, metal, etc, but most never heard of them, and I think they are quite amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsMXq-1xQw

and Twisted Method, though they only ever put out one album. They called it quits after a member died :T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVfrICokFc

Forgive the links, I'm a retard and still have no idea how to post videos and pics properly...and I'm also too lazy to find out how by searching through the site and such...

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
Julianking93 said:
No one seems to know who Devin Townsend is despite him being the greatest heavy metal artist ever.

I'm not joking, the man has not written one bad song and I have all his albums.

I love that beautiful man so much...The Devin Townsend Project are freaking incredible.Addicted! is one of my favourite albums of all time too!
I also love Strapping Young Lad,who are insanely heavy.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Drakmeire said:
The Disk Thrower said:
Drakmeire said:
The Disk Thrower said:
Drakmeire said:
NightWish, Gamma Ray, HammerFall,Edguy,(two years ago)

I fixed it for the ones i know

and. Almost nobody i know, Knows the glory that is! Mustasch!

T.T
wait is "two years ago" a band? I just meant that until rock band 2 no one heard of modest mouse.

...editing oversight...we all have bad moments!, im just gonna go change it
that's okay I just thought that I found a new band to become a fan of... or I could just call my band "two years ago"
I can see it now..

You seen Two Years Ago?

What?

Two Years Ago?

...Yes

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
epninja said:
No one seems to know about Cage the Elephant except for Aint No Rest For the Wicked from when it was on Borderlands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LRo0D_uWM
I saw them play with manchester orchestra and silversun pickups. They actually put on a killer show.

-m
Damn, I really want to see them live, but i just checked and their closest concert is around 7 hours away.

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
Fenreil said:
Well, I don't know anyone who has heard of They Might Be Giants, but that might just be me.
Umm, what about everyone who has seen Malcolm in the Middle? They are pretty well known outside of that too though.

Enigma6667 said:
Arcade Fire. Everyone only knows them for that one song that played in all of the Where the Wild Things Are advertisements. All of their songs are really great.
That's strange, The Arcade Fire are pretty popular as far as i can tell.

Umm...

Well this band is really famous in their home country (NZ) but aren't well known at all outside of that. They aren't nearly as famous as they deserve to be imo.

Shihad:

The Veils are seriously awesome too (and their bassist is a total fox):

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Whispered - They're a typical Finnish melodic death metal but they have Japanese influences
<youtube=382WTnI-RdI>

Betraying The Martyrs - French Christian death(ish)core metal band
<youtube=KM9G57EWeo4>

Across The Sun - American metalcore band
<youtube=nSDi1KvUIcE>

World Under Blood - American metal band with the singer from CKY and Tim Yeung (LEGEND!) on drums
<youtube=xyAowGnKKXk>

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Passenger
Which Passenger? There are two of those, one of them being a Swedish metal band.

OT:

May 21, 2010
flameingdaethfearies said:
I LOVE They Might Be Giants!! Also:

Foxy Shazam - Queen meets Rolling Stones

Gossip - Disco Indie w/ a 5 foot Aretha Franklin sounding dike

Straylight Run - Death Cab meets earily No Doubt

Anavan - NIN on Pixie sticks

Gooferman - ICP with more talent

The Switchfits - good old punk

And, of course,

Flameing Daeth Fearies - Presidents of the US meets Bruno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK28tuvX6kI

0_o

I thought I would add what bands sound like - so that you know what you are looking up. I myself am pulling up every band that gets listed on here, but I know most don't have that type of time. We are looking for bands to play with on our first regional tour.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
Matt_LRR said:
Passenger
Which Passenger? There are two of those, one of them being a Swedish metal band.

OT:
Not that one.

-m

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
Abandoned Pools, whom I discovered did the theme song to a show that doesn't get enough love "Clone High".

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
Enigma6667 said:
Arcade Fire. Everyone only knows them for that one song that played in all of the Where the Wild Things Are advertisements. All of their songs are really great.
They got fucking huge in canada. certainly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a twenty-something up here that hadn't at least heard of them.

-m
Huh. Where I'm at, nobody I know has ever heard of them. I guess L.A.ers are waaay too unhealthily interested in Justin Bieber that we rarely hear of shit that's actually good.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Uh-oh. I'm just warning you before the "people" take you away and beat you mercilessly behind a shed.

Anyway, dredg is an amazing band.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
And here I thought I was the only one who knew who Gamma Ray was!

My contributions:

Freedom Call
Infected Mushroom
Save Ferris
Symphony X
Falconer

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Dont know if its just obscure for people from Norway but i still list these:

Edguy
Avantasia
Gamma Ray
Pagans Mind
Stratovarius

to name some.

Edit: yeah, i know! It weird to think that the country that founded Black Metal would be dumbfounded when it comes to metal, especially power metal, but the mainstream Norwegian audience don't know the difference between Opeth and Sonata Arctica. It's fucking embarrassing.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
epninja said:
No one seems to know about Cage the Elephant except for Aint No Rest For the Wicked from when it was on Borderlands

Saw them live last September. It was terrible. I blame the sound on that stage. Everyone on that stage sounded terrible.

At that festival, I got to see a great band called Red. they put on a helluva show.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
-Samurai- said:
epninja said:

Saw them live last September. It was terrible. I blame the sound on that stage. Everyone on that stage sounded terrible.

At that festival, I got to see a great band called Red. they put on a helluva show.
Red is one of my all time favorite bands!