The Best Big YouTubers.

mikeybuthge

New member
Apr 28, 2010
211
0
0
I'm a huge fan of Achievement Hunter/Rooster Teeth, the only 30+ minute let's plays that I'll watch are their minecraft ones. Also a fan of videogamedunkey and penguinz0 for their game commentaries. Froggy Fresh is legitimately my favorite rapper, cuz the character has progressed so far since he started as krispy kreme, and its all so "clean"
 

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
2,821
0
0
Game grumps for the motherfucking win.

Jon and Arin are so damn funny.
 

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
191
0
0
I tend to keep updated on Acheivement Hunter's "Let's Play Minecraft" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLgREKD4kk] series.

Other than that, the biggest YouTuber I watch is either Boy in a Band [http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwboyinabandcom] (93K subs, 19mil views,) or Dan Bull [http://www.youtube.com/user/douglby] (182K subs, 37mil views.)

EDIT: Must not forget Lindsey Sirling. Definitely watch Lindsey Stirling. [http://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp]
 

Blackdoom

New member
Sep 11, 2008
518
0
0
I find Bro Team to be quite enjoyable especially since he is a pretty nice guy for a person who yells at video games for a living.

I also subscribe to a bunch of random channels which upload gaming related stuff varying from gameplay to mocking the culture which is starting to surround video games.
 

Mid Boss

Senior Member
Aug 20, 2012
268
6
23
Charles St. Michael Became famous for his "It Doesn't Get Better" video which he warns bullied gay high school kids that they should take martial arts and don't be afraid to use it. You'd be surprised how many people get pissed when you suggest that people should fight back against their harassers. He isn't afraid to state his opinions, and stand behind them, even if they aren't popular ones.

The Yoggscast While I don't watch Let's Play video because... I'd rather play video games than watch someone else play them. Even if the people playing them are hilarious. But my girlfriend is down right obsessed with these guys and does fan art of them all the time.

Game Grumps Again, a let's play group my girlfriend is a raging fan girl over. I've watched them a couple times. They're pretty funny.
 

PrototypeC

New member
Apr 19, 2009
1,075
0
0
I was all set and ready to dislike Epic Rap Battles from their view counts alone, but man... those are some high-quality videos. Costumes, accents, green screen... not to mention funny, and the best part is that they almost always give both sides some good lines against the other.

I can't recommend 4PlayerPodcast anymore. It's really too bad, but I honestly don't find it entertaining the vast majority of the time anymore... and that's just watching the Highlights! Watching the actual feed drags a lot more.

No, my true Youtube love is Two Best Friends Play (or better yet, Super Best Friends, which includes Woolie and sometimes guests). They were a little more gimmicky at the start, with more editing and playing up their respective personalities, but it turned out to not be necessary. They ALREADY act like that, and they're already hilarious (although of course the played-up episodes are hilarious too, see Vampire Rain and Shadows of The Damned). The way they talk to each other, their in-jokes, it all makes you feel like you're in the room with them, and you have fun. Their full playthroughs are just as much fun for me, if not more so, than their condensed, for-the-masses Machinima series. Matt and Pat, I hope you read the Escapist too!

Aaaaand... hm, Gabriel Iglesias? He's an amazing stand-up comedian, although I never liked DAMN TV... and of course I should think we all love anything by James Rolfe (the AVGN). Although, I usually watch his website, not on Youtube.
 

PrototypeC

New member
Apr 19, 2009
1,075
0
0
BoredAussieGamer said:
Criken. Not too sure he counts, but he's got over 200k subscribers and gets mentioned on Kotaku all the time. So I think he should.
Criken should be more popular. Without comparing him to some OTHER Youtuber who thrives on video games and has a comparatively high voice, Criken and his allies are just funny without trying too hard (other Youtuber take note). They're just screwing around and having fun in their favourite games. I mean, that's all I ever wanted. No forced jokes or played-up reactions. It's amazing what he's done for comedy through creative use of subtitles alone!

Not so huge on Jwittz. I enjoyed some of his videos, but he reminds me of some other people with AS I've met. Doesn't know when we get the point and he can stop talking now. Repeats himself a lot too. I could see myself watching again with some better editing on his part.
 

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
6,375
0
0
-Angry Video Game Nerd -- This guy never gets old to me.
-DashieXP -- This guy is hilarious. To me, anyway.
-RoosterTeeth: Rage Quit -- He's so over the top. In a good way.
-psychicpebbles -- His videos are funny AND true.
-Ukinojoe -- Another funny animator.
-GameGrumps -- Egoraptor and JonTron play video games together. What more could you want?
 

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
434
0
0
I'm not sure if they count as big to Youtube, but TeamFourStar and their Dragon Ball Z Abridged videos are fantastic, and hit millions of views each time.
 

BoredAussieGamer

New member
Aug 7, 2011
289
0
0
PrototypeC said:
BoredAussieGamer said:
Criken. Not too sure he counts, but he's got over 200k subscribers and gets mentioned on Kotaku all the time. So I think he should.
Criken should be more popular. Without comparing him to some OTHER Youtuber who thrives on video games and has a comparatively high voice, Criken and his allies are just funny without trying too hard (other Youtuber take note). They're just screwing around and having fun in their favourite games. I mean, that's all I ever wanted. No forced jokes or played-up reactions. It's amazing what he's done for comedy through creative use of subtitles alone!

Not so huge on Jwittz. I enjoyed some of his videos, but he reminds me of some other people with AS I've met. Doesn't know when we get the point and he can stop talking now. Repeats himself a lot too. I could see myself watching again with some better editing on his part.
Right on all counts. Nice to know there's someone else on this site who knows who Criken.
dragonswarrior said:
I'm not sure if they count as big to Youtube, but TeamFourStar and their Dragon Ball Z Abridged videos are fantastic, and hit millions of views each time.
Ye gods, how could I have forgotten those magnificent bastards?!?
 

Zantos

New member
Jan 5, 2011
3,653
0
0
Eddie the head said:
I like TotalBiscuit. Is he a Big Youtuber? I don't know, if so him if not I don't think anyone.
I think the phrase "Big Youtuber" is a bit vague at the best of times, but I'd say TB counts, if only to agree with you. It helped that I first heard about him from his Warhammer 40k stuff, for which we both make a noise roughly equivalent to a chainsword hitting power armour. I know a fair few people that don't like him just because they don't agree. So yeah, deffo TotalBiscuit.

Also, it may be ridiculous, but I really enjoy watching Epic Meal Time. I can definitely see why people wouldn't enjoy it, but the OTT nature really appeals to me. I totally wish Muscles Glasses was my homeboy.

On roughly the same principles I also really like My Drunk Kitchen. Yeah it's no advancement on human civilisation, but the silliness makes me laugh for a few minutes, which is all I really want out of my youtube entertainment.
 

Ziodyne64

New member
Jun 29, 2011
76
0
0
Jacksfilms...for the love of God Jacksfilms. He is amazing. The Your Grammar Sucks series is genius and all his other parodies are hilarious. Also, Tobuscus is also in some of his videos.

ERB. The Epic Rap Battles are just genius and that's all I'm gonna say about that.
 

New Troll

New member
Mar 26, 2009
2,985
0
0
Not much of a YouTube person but there are a couple I've actually subscribed to...

Selene8056 does a really nice job combining rock music with video game animations.

FreddeGredde is a really good musician/ vocalist.
 

PrototypeC

New member
Apr 19, 2009
1,075
0
0
Zantos said:
On roughly the same principles I also really like My Drunk Kitchen. Yeah it's no advancement on human civilisation, but the silliness makes me laugh for a few minutes, which is all I really want out of my youtube entertainment.
Oh yeah... while I've never watched My Drunk Kitchen, it reminds me of... Drunk History! It got a TV spot so I think it counts as big!

And yes again to DBZ Abridged. I wonder if they need any other VAs for the future... probably not :(
 

Cheesepower5

New member
Dec 21, 2009
1,142
0
0
PrototypeC said:
I was all set and ready to dislike Epic Rap Battles from their view counts alone, but man... those are some high-quality videos. Costumes, accents, green screen... not to mention funny, and the best part is that they almost always give both sides some good lines against the other.

I can't recommend 4PlayerPodcast anymore. It's really too bad, but I honestly don't find it entertaining the vast majority of the time anymore... and that's just watching the Highlights! Watching the actual feed drags a lot more.

No, my true Youtube love is Two Best Friends Play (or better yet, Super Best Friends, which includes Woolie and sometimes guests). They were a little more gimmicky at the start, with more editing and playing up their respective personalities, but it turned out to not be necessary. They ALREADY act like that, and they're already hilarious (although of course the played-up episodes are hilarious too, see Vampire Rain and Shadows of The Damned). The way they talk to each other, their in-jokes, it all makes you feel like you're in the room with them, and you have fun. Their full playthroughs are just as much fun for me, if not more so, than their condensed, for-the-masses Machinima series. Matt and Pat, I hope you read the Escapist too!

Aaaaand... hm, Gabriel Iglesias? He's an amazing stand-up comedian, although I never liked DAMN TV... and of course I should think we all love anything by James Rolfe (the AVGN). Although, I usually watch his website, not on Youtube.
I wish the Nerd actually had some new stuff, though. Maybe all the bad games are finally getting to him.

I like TeamFourStar, EpicMealTime and TheAmazingAtheist. Two of three appeared at least twice on the worst list though, go figure.
 

TheSteeleStrap

New member
May 7, 2008
721
0
0
Gaming related:
MinnesotaBurns
WhiteBoy7thSt
Hidden Masters
XxLostInPlaceXx (and Booster Busters)
OutrageousKev

Not Gaming related:
Epic Rap Battles of History
Epic Meal Time
Simon's Cat
Jaboody Dubs
amazingLife247

Those are the big ones.

honorable mention to Chad Neidt, having only recently discovered him.
 

Zantos

New member
Jan 5, 2011
3,653
0
0
PrototypeC said:
Zantos said:
On roughly the same principles I also really like My Drunk Kitchen. Yeah it's no advancement on human civilisation, but the silliness makes me laugh for a few minutes, which is all I really want out of my youtube entertainment.
Oh yeah... while I've never watched My Drunk Kitchen, it reminds me of... Drunk History! It got a TV spot so I think it counts as big!

And yes again to DBZ Abridged. I wonder if they need any other VAs for the future... probably not :(
Oh god, you just reminded me, how could I forget Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series? I swear that is actually more popular than what it was ripping off. Attention Duelists! My hair is assaulting you!
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
17,243
1,307
118
Two Best Friends Play

Their full Let's Play of Resident Evil 2 is one of the best things I ever saw on Youtube outside of RedLetterMedia's Star Wars prequel reviews.